Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread  (Read 18716 times)

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25]
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:11 am »

well at least you didn't lose too many dwarfs on your turn, and i'm confused as to how a dwarf ended up in the pond in the first place. i made sure to forbid all movement through those areas.(using traffic zones).

I did not touch any traffic zones.

I just someday looked at the unit list and found three deceased dwarves. Neither in the announcments nor in the report was anything to be found. (Well, there was a report about him fighting, but it was empty.)

Using z->Stocks and going through the detailed view of all corpses, I finally located the body inside the pool that I had dug out just for the fun of it, I wanted to try and build an ice wall, but it didn't offer me ice or water as a building stone while constructing the wall.
Oh I love it how SG lowers your expectations.
"Nobody too important died" sounds like a huge success to me now.

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2011, 02:42:05 am »

1st granite 128
I did it. I am finally free again.

Hm, I saw this somewhere before....  :P

6th granite
A blacksmith angrily yelled at me today, something about him needing 3 iron bars in order to make a barrel. I know we are more or less in rebellion with our king and that all that reminds us of the elves should be thrown out, but isn't there a whole forest outside, just waiting to be cut down into barrels ?

7th granite
A blacksmith angrily yelled at me today, something about him needing 3 iron bars in order to make a barrel. Wait, it's the moron from yesterday. Since this order was issued by the manager, he will bother me with this until the end of time. I told him that the order had been modified. He is now desperately looking for slade to make his barrels, while the fort's best carpenters are at work.

Wait until they ask for 150 iron for a steel bar. Still don't know, why, must be the graphical tileset....

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2011, 03:25:45 am »

1st granite 128
I did it. I am finally free again.

Hm, I saw this somewhere before....  :P

Yeah, I wanted a continuity between the two posts. And since I wrote this at nearly midnight, I was "Hey, what the hell, just make your prologue with the previous guy's epilogue".

More unfortunate implications of writing when sleepy are bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and entries that could have been made more interesting.

I stop here my disgressions and go back to my diary. To the part where the elves merchants arrive.
*Evil laugh*

Edit : Stupid question : how do I upload a file on dffd ? Do I need to register ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:28:39 am by Roctiv »
Have a dwarven day.

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2011, 03:44:21 am »

Edit : Stupid question : how do I upload a file on dffd ? Do I need to register ?

I believe so, sir, yes!

Edith: I believe, the soldiers you were inspecting in the beginning of the year were armored in iron, as the steel thingy was meant to be a surprise but never got further then 8 or so bars of steel.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:49:37 am by mideg »

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2011, 04:14:26 am »

You are probably right. I didn't inspect them very closely, but I remember seeing a few steel items. Probably their weapons.

But again, my dwarf is a Peasant whose only competence is 'Adequate Liar', so don't ask him to make the difference between iron and steel  :P

(Leather armor rules)

Edit : diary updated
The save is here :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4475
(take a look at the raws, I'm not sure if I did reset them or not)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:17:33 am by Roctiv »
Have a dwarven day.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:33 am »

Hey guys,
May I join? I found the file on DFFD and I found this thread. It seems pretty quiet (the thread I mean) so I'd like to join.
(Yeah I don't like extremely populated-with-people-in-line saves.)

I don't know why no one is answering... but I for one would be fine to have another peon ruler for our great fortress. But, you will have to wait until Andyman is on for the final say.

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:37 am »

Great read, Roctiv! Also, I could only create a ring out of two blocks of stone because the artifact quantum space was demanding return of mass due to the bed made of three f***ing gems. Sorry. :-P

Also, no problem with PFactorial joining. Come on in and have funFun!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:31:11 am by mideg »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2011, 10:32:07 am »

Hey guys,
May I join? I found the file on DFFD and I found this thread. It seems pretty quiet (the thread I mean) so I'd like to join.
(Yeah I don't like extremely populated-with-people-in-line saves.)

yep, you've been added to the end of the list, at the rate we're going your turn may be up in a week or so.
I don't know why no one is answering... but I for one would be fine to have another peon ruler for our great fortress. But, you will have to wait until Andyman is on for the final say.

not everyone lives in the same time zone / continent.

EDIT:

7th obsidian
Our baron is nearly tantruming. I do not understand why, all his requests are met.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oops. That lesser dwarf is probably me, and the pretentious arrangements are probably my brand new artifact bed.
Well, screw him.
What did you say ? He is not only our broker, but also a Legendary Miner ?
And I do not want a Legendary Miner tantruming in the dining room ?
Ok, ok, I will switch my bed with his..."traumatized"...what an elf...

must..have...shiny...BED!

*starts to pout*

Hooray it's mine! all mine! my preciousss... yesss we will protect the preciousss... we shall set up the wheel of random mandates now, yesss...

Double EDIT:

well at least you didn't lose too many dwarfs on your turn, and i'm confused as to how a dwarf ended up in the pond in the first place. i made sure to forbid all movement through those areas.(using traffic zones).

I did not touch any traffic zones.

I just someday looked at the unit list and found three deceased dwarves. Neither in the announcments nor in the report was anything to be found. (Well, there was a report about him fighting, but it was empty.)

Using z->Stocks and going through the detailed view of all corpses, I finally located the body inside the pool that I had dug out just for the fun of it, I wanted to try and build an ice wall, but it didn't offer me ice or water as a building stone while constructing the wall.

i guess (s)he dodged  in while mining the goblinite vein. you still should've gotten the message "Urist McStupidDodger has Drowned!"

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:18:12 am by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2011, 10:34:16 am »

not everyone lives in the same time zone / continent.

I figured as much, just didn't want the poor slave valued member of dwarven society to think we were ignoring him.

pavel1269

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2011, 11:40:30 am »

Save downloaded. Gonna continue as soon as possible ;-)

edit: The raws are definitely not reset ... :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:46:55 am by pavel1269 »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:01 am »

if you don't have LNP just copy the raw folder from > Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25   to the savegame folder > Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25\data\save\Wallslaughters

this will set the raws to whatever you use on your computer.

EDIT:

fixed a directory typo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:02:30 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20:30 pm »

~deleted by author~
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:09:31 pm by darkrider2 »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »

Durkon looked upon the completed wheel of mandates, "yesss this will do nicely, don't you think preciousss?"

OOC: i think this wheel lists pretty much every mandate that my character can make, based on his likes/dislikes

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:55:34 pm by andyman564 »

PFactorial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »

Thanks for letting me join. :D

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2011, 11:55:14 pm »

All hail the king

Pretty quickly done, only about 4 hours, so its not the best but it is serviceable.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:57:50 pm by diamondwolf »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14