Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread  (Read 18685 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25]
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:21 pm »

hmm, i think a more of a cacame style king is in order, i mean if the elves are badass enough to take down a dwarven civ then i think that cacame is somewhere in this world.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »

He is the first of his kind. So I was thinking that a drow subrace of the elves might be more appropriate. I mean imagine an army of "mutant" elves that ride though the tunnels of the underground atop spiders, overthrowing dwarves and claiming their mountain-home as their own. Then they send the dwarves to a new home inside their kingdom, but far enough away to stop riots and revolts.

Just imagine this guy. A ashen skinned, red eyed beast of an elf dual wielding battle axes and wearing obsidian armor inlaid with gold. His eyes gleam with little more than blood lust and malicious cunning. His teeth are long and shining. His stead a giant forgotten beast spider. A bad ass enough elf to call a king, no?

It would also explain why they would be okay with killing elves, as a subspecies they hate them to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:14:59 pm by diamondwolf »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 11:17:36 pm »

that would be freaking epic.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 11:30:35 pm »

And his stead (found in the legends).

Xun

It is the only one of its kind. A great three eyed spider. It has two long curving horns and it has a bloated body. Its chocolate colored exoskeleton is leathery. Beware its poisonous bite! Xun is associated with water, deformity, and caverns.

Hell he practically could be the dark elves god.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 11:40:05 pm »

words cannot describe the mental image that is forming.... i hope you're up to the task of creating this masterpiece.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 11:45:00 pm »

I too hope I can do it. I am getting pumped. Words cannot begin to describe the image in my head.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 02:27:46 am »

A bit of background, morph it as you will. just a little something to get the ideas going.

Born to an elven family of traveling merchants, Meng Vunommosus was a perfectly healthy young child. But he was not fortunate, for as he was being born a tree was struck by lightning close to the merchant camp. Taking it as an omen sent by the gods, they discarded the child to the darkness of a nearby cave to die and preserve nature’s peace. If only they had known which gods the message was from they may have never made such a grievous mistake.

For many days the newborn lay in total darkness as thirst crept upon its tiny body. As death neared its still form, a strange occurrence took place.  A creature of such power and fear that it had become a mere legend whispered across a campfire happened upon the child. This creature was Xun, the embodiment of deformity. At one time it was worshipped as a god. But such times had crumble into dust, while its immortal form lived on. There came a time when its last follower died, leaving it isolated and alone. A curious and intelligent creature, it set out to discover others like it, beings that it has never before seen. It has been time immortal since, but Xun has failed to find another of its kind. It has given up hope, and sought death. It has failed. Yet, in this small being it sees a possibility. A glimmer of a hope that it can once again reign as a god.

Regarding the weak infant with its three great orbs that most would call eyes, it makes a decision. It reaches out and wraps the infant in silk, as if it were a blanket. It then carries the baby away, deeper into the darkness. It feeds the child, and protects it from the terrors of the deep. It becomes the baby’s caretaker and friend, and in turn the child grows stronger. Yet, there is a price of Xun’s gift, deformation. The baby’s skin turns grey, his eyes red, and his hair white. Even his mind is not left unaffected. His thoughts become violent, and his desire for power grows.

He knows that Xun requires more followers, and he obliges. He captures elven travelers as they pass the many entrances to his domain. Once captured he uses the taint of his very blood to corrupt the elves. They begin to resemble him in appearance. Their minds bend to his will, and that of his caretaker. In time he assembles an army. An army that becomes feared and respected by all who feel its presence. At first there mere rumors of an army of mutant elves attacking small settlements for supplies. But in time the rumors became no more and were replaced by reports of a massive movement of troops. These elves were given the title of Drow, for their dark appearance.

Then came the everlasting war, as the drow marched across the world pillaging and destroying anything that got in their way. Many dark creatures joined their charge and soon the force became large enough that Meng (now none as Meng the Venomous by elves and men alike) set his sights on larger goals. At first he attempted to ally with the elves, the current occupiers of the dwarven civilization, a position they reached by trickery and deceit. He had no love for his former people, but he desired more troops. When they refused he revoked their right to live. Yet, in his diplomacy he found worthy allies. The enslaved dwarves. Their love of the underground and might in battle pleased him. So he formed an alliance, guarantying the dwarves freedom if he took over their kingdom from the weak elves. Distrustful of him, but without access to any other alternative the dwarves agreed.

The war that followed was grand, perhaps even mythical. The elven blood ran deep enough to drown in. Meng proved his ferocity in battle, wielding two battle axes in a flurry of steel and blood. Their were a great many casualties. But in the end Meng achieved his victory by destroying the previous “king” and instating himself. In a show of good faith, he allowed the dwarves to pick seven of their worthiest for a mission to create a new home for the dwarves, one free of the torments of their previous mountain. Though the dwarves do not trust him they allowed for this to be carried out…

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2011, 08:50:10 am »

I started my turn.

Keep in mind that this is my first succession game. :-) Plz be kind.
Oh I love it how SG lowers your expectations.
"Nobody too important died" sounds like a huge success to me now.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2011, 09:01:07 am »

I fear I will be away from the internet until sunday night. So I won't post until then.

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2011, 10:44:17 am »

Moved here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:23:58 am by mideg »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »

i would like to point out that the militia commander is, in fact,  a she. other than that it's a great start to the year!

Edit:

@ goge, looks like i missed your post when i was making the turn list, i've retroactively added you to the correct spot. (right before Sir Leonard III)

Edit x2:

A bit of background, morph it as you will. just a little something to get the ideas going.

Born to an elven family of traveling merchants, Meng Vunommosus was a perfectly healthy young child. But he was not fortunate, for as he was being born a tree was struck by lightning close to the merchant camp. Taking it as an omen sent by the gods, they discarded the child to the darkness of a nearby cave to die and preserve nature’s peace. If only they had known which gods the message was from they may have never made such a grievous mistake.

For many days the newborn lay in total darkness as thirst crept upon its tiny body. As death neared its still form, a strange occurrence took place.  A creature of such power and fear that it had become a mere legend whispered across a campfire happened upon the child. This creature was Xun, the embodiment of deformity. At one time it was worshipped as a god. But such times had crumble into dust, while its immortal form lived on. There came a time when its last follower died, leaving it isolated and alone. A curious and intelligent creature, it set out to discover others like it, beings that it has never before seen. It has been time immortal since, but Xun has failed to find another of its kind. It has given up hope, and sought death. It has failed. Yet, in this small being it sees a possibility. A glimmer of a hope that it can once again reign as a god.

Regarding the weak infant with its three great orbs that most would call eyes, it makes a decision. It reaches out and wraps the infant in silk, as if it were a blanket. It then carries the baby away, deeper into the darkness. It feeds the child, and protects it from the terrors of the deep. It becomes the baby’s caretaker and friend, and in turn the child grows stronger. Yet, there is a price of Xun’s gift, deformation. The baby’s skin turns grey, his eyes red, and his hair white. Even his mind is not left unaffected. His thoughts become violent, and his desire for power grows.

He knows that Xun requires more followers, and he obliges. He captures elven travelers as they pass the many entrances to his domain. Once captured he uses the taint of his very blood to corrupt the elves. They begin to resemble him in appearance. Their minds bend to his will, and that of his caretaker. In time he assembles an army. An army that becomes feared and respected by all who feel its presence. At first there mere rumors of an army of mutant elves attacking small settlements for supplies. But in time the rumors became no more and were replaced by reports of a massive movement of troops. These elves were given the title of Drow, for their dark appearance.

Then came the everlasting war, as the drow marched across the world pillaging and destroying anything that got in their way. Many dark creatures joined their charge and soon the force became large enough that Meng (now none as Meng the Venomous by elves and men alike) set his sights on larger goals. At first he attempted to ally with the elves, the current occupiers of the dwarven civilization, a position they reached by trickery and deceit. He had no love for his former people, but he desired more troops. When they refused he revoked their right to live. Yet, in his diplomacy he found worthy allies. The enslaved dwarves. Their love of the underground and might in battle pleased him. So he formed an alliance, guarantying the dwarves freedom if he took over their kingdom from the weak elves. Distrustful of him, but without access to any other alternative the dwarves agreed.

The war that followed was grand, perhaps even mythical. The elven blood ran deep enough to drown in. Meng proved his ferocity in battle, wielding two battle axes in a flurry of steel and blood. Their were a great many casualties. But in the end Meng achieved his victory by destroying the previous “king” and instating himself. In a show of good faith, he allowed the dwarves to pick seven of their worthiest for a mission to create a new home for the dwarves, one free of the torments of their previous mountain. Though the dwarves do not trust him they allowed for this to be carried out…

this is way better than my half assed attempt at an intro, mind if i use it?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:43:26 pm by andyman564 »

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 05:09:12 pm »

Thanks for adding me in.  Gonna have some fun with the elves >:)

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »

You can use it if you want. In fact you can add in changes, or just tell me and I will make some changes to it so it accurately reflects the vision of the group. Remember that was just  a quick bio for my drawing purposes and can be easily expanded.

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »

Phew, gotta go to sleep. Nice cliffhanger, though.

Edit: Merged posts into one.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:50:37 am by mideg »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23:41 am »

@ Midig, and everyone else who has yet to take a turn. could you please keep your journal contained in a single post. i'm trying to link all the journals to the OP and i don't want 5 links for one year. thanks in advance.

You can use it if you want. In fact you can add in changes, or just tell me and I will make some changes to it so it accurately reflects the vision of the group. Remember that was just  a quick bio for my drawing purposes and can be easily expanded.

thanks, i just put it before everything i wrote and tweaked my sentences to fit.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:28:25 pm by andyman564 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14