Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85640 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 31, Takedown
« Reply #630 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:54 am »

Leaf nodded to Molten Heart. "Then it's decided." It would be kinder to kill him now than to break his arms and legs and gag him. Something else could happen upon him in the dark and give him a far worse death. He adjusted his grip, snapped the greycloak's neck, and placed the body on the ground before going through the pockets. Maybe he would have a key or supplies they could use.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 32, Takedown
« Reply #631 on: June 27, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »

Turn 32
They seek to undo all our works...shun the Kai, those that would lead us into comp...

Sheltering Leaves breaks the acolytes neck in mid sentence, ending his words. It had to be done. Since Sheltering Leaves is not entirely convinced the creatures have stopped following him, it is a merciful act indeed.

A search of his pockets reveals a slip of paper, written by a steady hand.

To my murderer

I'd probably owe you thanks, but I'm obviously not in a position to do so now. All I can tell you without breaking my oath is that you must be careful where you step ahead-the numbers on the stones correspond to the danger that is under and around you...and be careful of the Master. He'd rather bring this whole place down on your heads then let you pass.

-Yethran

The party continues down the path in silence. There is no glory in what they to do here.

Eventually, War Wind spots the hallway opening into a a rectangular room-four plates span the length and width, in a grid, and across from it, a door...

Sheltering Leaves bends down and confirms what he already knows. There are numbers written on the stones...he cant see the other numbers, though-not without being adjacent to them. There seems to be no other way around. The plates are large enough that you could take a running leap from the hall way and land somewhere in the second row, but you wouldn't be able to jump further than that.

[AA-?]        [BA-?]        [CA-?]        [DA-?]
[AB-?]        [BB-?]        [CB-?]         [DB-?]
[AC-3]        [BC-?]        [CC-3]        [DC-?]
[AD-2]        [BD-4]       [CD-2]         [DD-2]
                       P

P=Party Position

Who invented this devilish puzzle?!

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Lol easy puzzle. Riccto dropped out due to him having a family vacation, so...yeah. I'll think of another Heroic sacrifice. >_>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:46:20 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 32, Sweeping Lines
« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »

Oooh, minesweeper.

CD would be safest imo.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 27, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »

Try and figure out what the numbers mean.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2011, 04:34:16 pm »

Leaf passed Merame the torch. "Can you climb across the ceiling and tell us what the shapes on the other blocks are, my friend?" he asked. "Um... I'll try. You know I can't read. I'll describe what I can though," she responded uncertainly as she began to climb the wall.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 27, 2011, 04:45:28 pm »

-Quick Turn-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Merame finds it very difficult to find any handholds or surfaces on which to climb-the walls are obviously polished and smoothed regularly, or perhaps enchanted to do so. Nevertheless, she identifies the number on far Left, then, following a few cracks in the ceiling, makes out the numbers in the center right. Then she scampers back, declaring testily she is, in fact, a monkey, and not a spider and if Sheltering Leaves would prefer a Spider as a pet instead, there are many waiting in the room two floors above them that would accomodate him.

-Original post updated-
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »

So either AB or BB is safe then...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:56 pm »

I don't get it, but I'd tend to assume the single 4 tile is the safe one. Just seems odd to have one trap in the whole row. Fortunately I have a sixth sense so I'll test it anyway.

NINJA'D: Well, the update makes me less certain of that, but still.

Considering the puzzle for a moment, Pressing Tide stepped onto the tile marked with a 4, confident that his senses would alert him if something was direly wrong.

EDIT: 3 Int FTL
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:03:41 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 27, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

Well, I suck at Minesweeper so one of y'all is gonna have to solve it, I've done what I could. :-\

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 27, 2011, 04:51:46 pm »

Unfortunately this is different enough from minesweeper that it's actually challenging.

So far I came up with at least 2 possibilities that would ad up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 32, Takedown
« Reply #640 on: June 27, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »

Quick Turn

Pressing Tide steps onto the second square from the left. He holds his breath, as a heavy click is heard from below. Nothing else happens, at least that he can see. The Kai carefully looks ahead of him, toward the next square, which is engraved with a tiny number 5.

[AA-?]        [BA-?]        [CA-?]        [DA-?]
[AB-?]        [BB-?]        [CB-?]         [DB-?]
[AC-3]        [BC-5]        [CC-3]        [DC-?]
[AD-2]        [BD-4,S,P]  [CD-2]         [DD-2]

P=Party Position
S=Safe Square?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 27, 2011, 05:05:16 pm »

Okay. Two unsafe squares are on CB, CC, and CD. So Stay away from those.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's CC and CD.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 27, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »

Sixth Sense Activated!

The numbers correlate to the danger "under and around" us, meaning the four tile is surrounded on three sides by traps and is a trap itself. That means the two tiles next to it are traps as well.

This leaves DD as the only safe one in the D Row.

Thus, Pressing Tide pauses mid-stride, as though noticing something in the air, and calmly steps onto the rightmost accessible tile instead.

NINJA'D: Hrm. I guess the squares represent the... lack of danger, meaning we want 5? Or it's just one of those traps that waits for a bit to destroy you.

Hrm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:36 pm »

Wait.

Do diagonals count? I was under that impression.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 27, 2011, 05:17:37 pm »

Yes

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 110