Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85460 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 6-Opening Volley
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »

This looks GREAT! I'm always interested in some good rp and the battle system looks very interesting. Count me in for the waiting list:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A quick question about weapon/armour smithing, does it gain a bonus from intelligence?

So in! I guess I should say if I get five total players on the waiting list, I'll consider making a team out of them. :3

Yep, the primary crafting stat is intelligence, recovery roll is agility-craftsmanship, which what determines your quality is more affected by randomness and how well you planned it out beforehand. I'll post an example of what Taricus did earlier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2011, 10:44:10 pm »

So in! I guess I should say if I get five total players on the waiting list, I'll consider making a team out of them. :3

It would be really awesome if you did :P
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2011, 11:11:14 pm »

If you got another one you could split us up four and four. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:39 am »

I guess this means I need to actually make my character soon.

Question: When you say "any" fantasy race, what do you mean?

Also, is it possible to gain items in play that function similarly to starting bonus items?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2011, 12:48:41 am »

Question: When you say "any" fantasy race, what do you mean?
Go crazy. Choose whatever race you like that would it into D&D/Dwarf Fortress/Fantasy setting-it's got to have to eat and drink something to survive, bleed or take damage someway, breathe oxygen and be within roughly mortal limits of strength and stamina. Even non-bipeds like centaurs would be tricky, but doable, as long as you could keep up with a man on a horse... You would have to choose something pretty crazy for me to say no.

So no shapeshifter blobs or were-creatures (Technically you could take a merman or something that switches from legs/fin on land to sea, but that's as far I would allow), fully elemental beings/undead/demons (I'll take half-elementals though, like Zako's char, or half-Demons for example), or Demigods.

Whatever you choose, make it fun to roleplay if you like-helps me too, since it makes the turns less boring.

Also, is it possible to gain items in play that function similarly to starting bonus items?

Hmm...They're meant to be semi-powerful bonuses, given to your first discipline choices. You could obtain similiar things, but probably not as good. I imagined it as your first discipline choices are what you've been focusing your training on to a great degree, and you'll always be better in that specific area than anyone who picked it up later. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:50:15 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2011, 04:41:06 am »

Yeah, I had to put a lot of thought into my character, so it would still be practical in the game. For instance, an earthen would still require water, but has more flexibility in food since they only require raw minerals for sustenance. If things get really bad, one could simply pick up specific rocks that are rich in minerals, grind it up and add the powder into water and drink it. They can still eat human food, but they prefer to eat something like a powerbar made from soft rock.

It's not hard, but it makes the game more interesting to play. It would also be great to have a second team as well!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2011, 07:43:42 am »

i need an proper throwing weapon or something.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:27 am »

Get a rock?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 7-Standoff!
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2011, 08:01:22 am »

Turn 7

Lone Wanderer: run away from the chain before attacking again
Sheltering Leaves: As close as he was, there wasn't time to run, only defend...
Silent Fox: Buckshot to the head! Boom!
Mending Moon: Move out of melee range, then shoot the other eye.
War Wind: Sneak behind the gorgaz at a distance.

-----------------------------
Mending Moon
(Agi roll:10, miss!) (Arrow save? 1d4=3, no)

Wisely backing away to a safe distance, you nock your last arrow and aim carefully...Mending Moon misjudged his range by a few feet though! Seeing the chain coming from the side on a collision course, you hastily fire a wild shot which embeds itself harmlessly in the Gourgaz's torso armor, before rolling yourself into a tight ball underneath it-the chain cuts a whickering path in the air a few inches above your head. You've had closer calls before!

-1 arrow

Silent Fox
(Agility hard roll, targeted shot Roll 6+2=8, fail)
(Int hard Roll: 4+2, pass (7-6+2=3,armor absorbs 4, location 3, Left Arm)

Silent Fox summons another sphere of Earth and directs a deadly shrapnel blast toward the creatures face! The Gourgaz hastily raises it's left arm to block the deadly spread, and you watch with dismay as they deflect off a thick slab of muscle and bone-it's difficult to damage a narrow target such as a creatures head with this attack-you'll need something more accurate. Your blast has an unintended effect-by damaging his arm, you've slowed down the momentum of his swing chain.

-3 Left Arm Armor
Gourgaz swing momentum impeded, -1 to str this round

War Wind

(Agi Stealth roll:7-2=5, fail)

War Wind does not rush into battle, but instead takes the time to circle around, and prepare himself carefully. He figures he'll need a distraction-the Gourgaz spots him right off in the distance as he attempts to descend the hill-War Wind is in within charging distance.

Lone Wanderer
(Str roll:8, hit! (Damage 8-8+2=2 armor absorbs location 4, Right Arm)

Seeing Sheltering Leaves standing his ground, you decide to emulate Silent Fox and strike the right arm-you swing your glaive underhand and stab up into his armpit, hoping to hit something vital, but again, the thick armor on his forearms deflects it with no immediate effect except for further slowing the deadly momentum of his chain weapon.

-2 Right Arm Armor
Gourgaz swing momentum impeded, -1 to str this round

Sheltering Leaves
(Defensive Stance,+2 agility, double defense 1/3 rounds)

You predict the rough arc of the chain based upon the Gourgaz's stance-swinging in at waist length, meant to bisect you-you'll have to be fast...

Gourgaz
(Gourgaz attacks Sheltering Leaves)
(Str roll:5+2=7 (miss!)

Despite being damaged, the monster continues his swinging arc, turning around and angling the chain at you! You effortlessly backflip over it, watching the battle in freeze frame whilst airborne for what seems like an eternity.

(Random attack:6, bonus 1d2 attack)
(Sheltering Leaves Agility dodge roll 1-2=-1, pass)

The Gourgaz howls in frustration and brings his claw up to swat sheltering leaves! But the canny Elf pivots in midair, sending it's clawed fist smashing in the ground and spraying him with mud.

The creaures torso has been scarred with glaive and earth magic buckshot, but seems to be moderately damaged. He abruptly tears out the arrow gouged above his right eye, clearing his vision, and tosses it away-he's got another arrow embedded in upper right chest, but it's merely stuck harmlessly in the hide. He's going a bit slower on his left leg where Sheltering Leaves kick connected. His arms are scratched, but mostly undamaged. Any trace of his former sluggishness is now lost in his rage!

Following effects lost

-right eye damaged, -1 to all stats when attacked or attacking targets from the right side for one round
-Sluggish- Strength -2, will fade in 1 round

He growls and turns on Sheltering Leaves, obviously intent on tearing the Elf limb from limb.

Gourgaz enraged:Sheltering Leaves, +1 damage to primary target, will attack this target until distracted

--------

Sub-boss battle!

Spoiler: Gourgaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: You guys actually got lucky on the arm hits. I expected someone to try attacking his arms purposefully, but when no one did >_> lol

Anyway, he's at full strength now! I timed it so that War Wind would join the battle pretty much by now.

Notice, the more SeriousConcentrate takes its attacks and damages it, the angrier it will get at him, increasing it's damage toward him exponentially and eventually lowing it's defenses. It's up to you guys to determine how much you want to risk by keeping the Gourgaz centered on one Kai at a time, or try and switch him up periodically.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 7-Standoff
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2011, 08:06:03 am »

Attack the legs!

Do I have firebreath?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2011, 08:07:08 am »

By the way, why does Taric have 22 Stat points?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2011, 08:09:42 am »

Weapon disipline

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2011, 08:09:53 am »

Ah.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2011, 08:15:13 am »

Attack the legs!

Do I have firebreath?

Well...if you want a non-obvious racial bonus, then you'll have to give me a real racial weakness to balance it out. I didn't really want to force anything on someone who wanted to play a specific race.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2011, 08:21:49 am »

Any suggestions for the weakness?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110