Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85577 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 53, The Storm Abates
« Reply #1485 on: August 07, 2011, 10:48:18 am »

Well, yeah. If I'm taking all the hits and all. :P If I die, maybe Merame can hang out with Silver Tree.

Leaves collapsed against the side of the shaman's hut. "You two go on ahead," he managed to gasp out despite his injuries. "I'm just going to rest a moment." Merame, looking worried, crawled onto his lap and put her hands on his cheeks. "I'm all right, really," he said to her. "I'm not going to die in a place like this. I was given a mission, and I'm going to see it through. I only need a few minutes of rest." Merame nodded and curled up against him, to keep a watch out while he slept.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 07, 2011, 12:59:32 pm »

Well, yeah. If I'm taking all the hits and all. :P If I die, maybe Merame can hang out with Silver Tree.
Or I could train her in the arts of blood magic and soul crushing. :3

Pressing Tide motioned to Amala. "Keep watch over my companion here, but try not to get too close. He's uneasy with you still."

With that, he turned to Molten Heart. "Thank you for your assistance. I'm afraid I wasn't of much use against such creatures, and I appreciate you and your new companion's aid. So long as you've come this far, you may wish to see the blood shaman as well."

Sparing another glance at Sheltering Leaves, Pressing Tide made his way to the shaman's hut. Time to see what he could learn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 07, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »

After a brief inner debate, Blade Singer/Lord Grey walks forward, telling the Assassins "I wish to speak the Shadow-Sister, Neega! I require her blessing!" Briefly wonder if this choice will get me horribly murdered.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 07, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »

I am missing my ice cap cream in my inventory btw.

"Well done claystone. I made a wise choice in asking you to come with me. I am sorry I didn't come with you sooner kai-brothers. Hold still leaves, I have something that will help you."

Moltern heart digs around inside his pack for the jar of healing cream that he bought only moments before.

"I thought we would be needing something like this. It will heal you quickly and should ease your pain. Good thing I think ahead, isn't it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »

Leaves was out cold, but Merame accepted the jar with a happy-sounding chitter. If Leaf had been awake, he could've translated it for Heart as "Thanks a bunch! You're nice for a rock. I'll use it right away and let him know." Since he wasn't so he couldn't, she instead patted Molten Heart companionably on the knee with a smile, then scampered back to the sleeping elf. Holding the jar between her feet, she managed to get the top off with both hands and set about applying it to his wounds.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 07, 2011, 05:58:49 pm »

Moltern Heart didn't understand what the small, chittering, furry thing was saying to him, but judging by the way that it acted to him, as well as it starting to apply the cream to his wounded companion, he safely thought that it was thankful. As he nodded and smiled to the monkey, he spared a glance at the spider elf, standing there by itself.

"I don't trust our wounded brother alone with that thing. I shall remain behind until leaves is once again on his feet. You go ahead and see what the shaman has to say. Be respectful to him, he is definately powerful and it would be advisable not to get on his bad side. Take this with you, swallow it if he starts summoning more elementals, it should help somewhat. If you get in trouble, yell and I will throw the spider elf in as bait."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:29 am »

"...If you get in trouble, yell and I will throw the spider elf in as bait."

You should take this literally. Pick up the Spidelf and use awesomeness to throw it at the Shaman. Would be boss if it worked.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 08, 2011, 10:29:08 am »

I fully intend to if it comes to that. He would serve a purpose at last.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 08, 2011, 10:54:16 am »

Nobody likes the Spider Elf? Aww...
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:22 am »

Mr. Gets Easily Sidetracked says: Every time I look at Deadpool there I can only hear "What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more." :3

But yeah. Try to keep the spider elf alive. With War Wind dead our only mad scientist is Irony and I don't think he'll cotton to his guinea pig dying so quickly. ^^

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

-Quick Turn-

Silver Tree shoulders his grief and moves on. It seems that no matter how fast he runs, he can't shake the Mother T-Rex though...she continues to follow, tracking his scent trail with supernatural accuracy. She's never more than ten minutes behind him.

By the time he reaches the the village, the Ogres have prepared themselves, having heard the stomping and roaring from afar. They have formed a defensive shield line, and refuse Silver Tree entry into the village. He can see the Chief is arguing with some of the Ogre thanes.

Thogga rushes out

"Bad news, tree-friend! The Ogres say they won't let you back in. The Shaman admitted to them he had sent you to steal the egg to the North of here, mostly as a joke, since he didn't believe anyone would actually try...well, they say if they let you in, the Mother T-Rex will destroy the village to get you, and do it afterwards if you escape. "

"You know, they call her "Shakkalka Arg U Gorld Unk Krasj", which in your language means "Devouring Rage of Heaven Ultimate Destroyer"...you should really have asked about this before you left."

Thogga shakes his head, and retreats back into the village.

Silver Tree doesn't have alot of time to make his choice.

----------------------------------

Blade Singer walks forward, hands up in a token of parley. He's barely 40 feet away when he hears the audible click of multple crossbows being readied.

A comely female Orc rises from the shadows in front of him. Her true form is hidden within the folds of her dark cloak and rags. Only her eyes can be seen-the shade of a vibrant sapphire blue. She's oddly beautiful in the moonlight, Blade Singer thinks...

"I hope we've passed the test for dramatics?

I know why your here. I also want to help you. But, certain precautions must be followed...we do have a reputation to uphold."

Blade Singer is carefully stripped of his armor and weapons, and led into the Shadow-Blades domain. In fact, the seemingly empty and destroyed ruins cleverly conceal a sprawling, well fortified complex of hidden traps, sniper holes and guard posts that serves as the Orc Assassins monastery.

Blade Singer is led to the deepest recesses...Lord Grey marveled...

I marveled at the Orcs ingenuity. An entire fortress, hidden under ground. I thought only the Dwarves were capable of such feats. I was glad I had chosen not to attack them. As I descended, I found an entire army worth of Orc Assassins. Neega would later tell me that they were not only founded to protect the Orcs from invaders, but they policed the Orc Clans themselves for signs of corruption and evil. An honorable group, even if their tactics were decidely vile...

I knew what they wanted me to do once we reached the inner sanctum. The test I had to undergo was a dangerous one. What would I not risk to hold my love again, though?

Blade Singer returns to his body, an Neega shows him a long, saw bladed knife-actually, it's a tooth-looks like a wolf tooth. She takes out a small red urn, opens it and dips the fang in the black liquid it contains. Then she hands it to Blade Singer. Neega speaks.

"This fang is coated in the poison of the Dark Wolf Yelkmor, the destroyer of this village, who I slew myself. It can fell the strongest warrior-no matter how strong your body is, only your willpower can save you from death. Scratch your arm with this, and if you survive the hour, you will gain my blessing. You must understand-my brother Okus will not listen to your pleas, and will even go against his word if given. I need you to survive this test, so that I can convince my father to help you, against the words of the Axe-Brother.

If you don't wish to do this...I can still help you, but not in that way...but my father is the only one who knows where Mother lives now. This choice is yours."

Blade Singer stares at the fang, watching as a thin sheen of black smoke rises from it. The choice is his to make. The calculating blue eyes of Shadow-Sister Neega, from across an age of men and an eternity of the Gods, gaze upon him serenely.

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 13/15 (Your Spirit is strong)
Body 11/16 (Your Body is stable)
Mind 13/13 (Your Mind is strong)

Quest Artifacts
Yelkmors Venomous Fang
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

Merame is about apply the Ice Cap to Sheltering Leaves, when the Blood Shaman emerges from his hut, wearing his Red Skull Mask. He speaks common, like you. Darain is happy to have to translate, for once.

"Save your supplies, warriors, for more dire straits. Let me show you something."

Merrigurthag chants silently, and the blood that Sheltering Leaves spilt in the battle comes back to life, floating toward him, entering and closing his wounds, and restoring his strength. Sheltering Leaves awakens-his wounds seem to have healed.

((Sheltering Leaves, all HP refilled!))

"As you can see, Blood Magic is capable of good things, as well as evil. It is always the user who determines which." He motions for them to follow him. Merrigurthag pauses for a moment, shaking his staff, and reanimating the blood on the ground to form a sort of cage around the Spider-Elf.

"These bars are not steel, Spider-Elf, but if you try to break them, you will suffer most horribly before you die. I would enjoy it, at least. Stay where you are until your master comes to retrieve you."

He invites the Kai into his home...it's sparsely decorated, but fairly roomy. Many strange alchemical ingredients are stored on shelfs in the walls, and a bubbling cauldron of red liquid complete the "Crazy Shamans Hut" effect he was going for. Molten Heart notices many Ogre-Sized soul fetches hanging about, for defense against...what?

Merrigurthag takes off his imposing red mask to reveal the face of an old Ogre-one of his eyes is white, but the other one is red. As he takes off the mask, they fade to a normal brown hue.

"The Mask is a tool of the trade, I'm afraid. Now, you will ask what you want, and I will listen to you."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:11:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 08, 2011, 12:24:28 pm »

Leaves blinked as he was woke. Merame, who had been about to get her paws all in the cream and apply it, stopped and started trying to put the cap back on. "Sanera! I'm so glad you're OK! The big rock-looking guy gave me this cream and said it was supposed to heal you but than the big blood-smelling guy came out and healed you instead and I guess I better give this back since you don't need it," Merame rambled at a rapid pace. Leaf merely blinked again and stood, twisting this way and that to stretch and examine his wounds. They certainly did feel healed. Meanwhile, Merame was tugging on the hem of Molten Heart's cloak to get his attention and offered the cream back politely. She was just too happy that Leaf was still breathing to be particularly mischievous.

"Right then... Merame, can you stay here and keep an eye on that one?" he asked, pointing at the spider-elf. "Let us know if he tries to break free." Merame nodded and found a comfortable place to sit. Sheltering Leaves followed the old ogre into his home and bowed politely, as he ought. "Sir," he said, "thank you for inviting us into your home. We will try not to impose." He straightened back up. "I come to you with a request. There is a monster that hunts these lands, a beast that fights with tentacles and noxious fumes. We wish to defeat this beast, and I was told that you were able to negate its stench with a specially made mask. I humbly ask that I and my four companions be provided such masks, so we may have a better chance of exterminating it." He bowed again, waiting to hear what the shaman had to say in response.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 08, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »

"Ah, yes, just remain there a while, Amala." It seemed the spider-elf was having trouble making friends.

Once at the shaman's home, he attempted to make himself politely comfortable- he expected they might be chatting a while.

"I came to learn more about Blood Magic. I've learned much already, but was hoping for more details. Perhaps even training, though I don't know if that would be possible."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:20 pm »

((Am I the only one who thinks that we found her? And that Molten heart shouldn't piss him/her/hir off?))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:14:54 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 08, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »

((Am I the only one who thinks that we found her?))
((?))
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 110