Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85636 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 52, The Storm Breaks the Heavens
« Reply #1455 on: July 30, 2011, 11:11:43 pm »

As long as she ain't yelling "DO A BARREL ROLL" in my ear every fifteen seconds, I'll be fine. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 30, 2011, 11:13:01 pm »

"USE YOUR KICKS LEAVES!"
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 30, 2011, 11:31:13 pm »

Uh, crap. Well that exhausted everything I know of Starfox 64 except for Andross's brain, and I can only hope Merame doesn't turn into something that creepy herself, being a monkey and all. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 31, 2011, 12:04:46 am »

Uh, crap. Well that exhausted everything I know of Starfox 64 except for Andross's brain, and I can only hope Merame doesn't turn into something that creepy herself, being a monkey and all. >.>
Ah yes, a former sidekick turned villain, how delicious. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:14 am »

...If Leaf dies I may have to ask Dwarmin to make it happen. :P

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:47 am »

Isnt Andross a monkey anyways? :O
Raggle Fraggle

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 31, 2011, 01:25:37 am »

I still don't know how the hell he got so big. Through the power of SCIENCE perhaps?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 31, 2011, 03:36:12 am »

Well, on the easier route he's a machine underneath, so definitely there. On the harder route... uh... I guess foul sorcery's not out of the question, but I'd tend to assume SCIENCE as well.

...on a mostly unrelated note, I'm now trying to imagine Star Fox-style death/shot down phrases for everyone. It's kind of a weird exercise.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:49 am »

Got any so far? :3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 31, 2011, 03:49:58 am »

Not really. For some reason I can't help but thinking of Merame's voice for Leaf, which would technically work since I assume she'd be in the cockpit, but...

Tide's would probably be some angry, eldritch-sounding invective, or maybe some incredulous "How do you still have a mind?!" bit.

Thinking further, part of the problem is that I was more thinking of the Star Wolf ones, which don't really fit because most of this group has, you know, dignity. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 31, 2011, 03:56:32 am »

Might just be me but I sort of picture Merame looking like a non-robotic Data - including doing that dance all the time - and sounding like a Servbot. (I'm talking about Megaman Legends Data, for those who haven't played MML and have no clue what I'm talking about. ^^;)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:57 pm »

-Mini turn- (wrapping up lots of things next turn...)

(Silver Tree Very Hard Charisma roll 8-3+3=8, fail)

Silver Tree doesn't get much out. He tries to say sorry...but the mother isn't buying that. Obviously.

"Would you have asked forgiveness had you snuck into my nest and stole my children? You ask for mercy? Pathetic!"

(Silver Tree Very Hard agility roll 4+2=6, pass)

Before the creature can smash the trunk of the mushroom and eat him alive, Silver Tree takes off running again. He's almost free...when he spots the father right ahead of him

(Silver Tree Very Hard agility roll 6+2=8, fail)

It approaches him carefully, waiting for him to try and dash past. Silver Tree hesistates for a moment. And the mother steps behind him. He's been caught in a perfect trap. Between two sets of hungry jaws...now what?

Spoiler: Cave Tyrannosaur Male (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Overmax stats? (click to show/hide)
-------------------------

Blade Singer embraces the fury within, and in unison with the memory of Lord Grey , charging down the hill, screaming barbarian obscenities...

Many Trolls stood in my way, but none gave me much pause. My sword cut a vicious swath through them, and in the shower of gore, my grief and indecision were gone.

I stopped counting around two dozen...

(Blade Singer Hard Str Roll 9+2=11, fail, d6=5 Body Damage)

Blade Singer may be a good fighter...but Lord Grey was better. He can't keep up with the pace of combat set by the Hero-God, try as he may-Blade Singer finds his swings connecting just a bit slower, and finds the Ogres blades biting just a bit deeper into him. He bares his injuries bravely-empowered by the Legend of Grey, he hews his way across the field, bloodied and battered.

Eventually, after an age of battle. He looks around. In the real world, the actors lie in poses of death or dying...in the God-Lands, Blade Singer is covered in gore, and encircled with carnage. Ogres and Men dead with hands at each others throats, and blade buried in each others chests...Lord Grey wasn't finished yet, though...

Wretched beast! You'll pay for what your people did! If my love must die, the world will die with me!

The Two warriors charge...Blade Singer notices something interesting. Champion Thrak is also being played by a Quester. Perhaps he would not have been able to beat the champion, but an Ogre Warrior he has a chance against...

(Blade Singer Hard Str Roll 5+2=7, pass)

The battles are eerily similar. Both sides are tested to their full, and neither of them can pull off a killing blow. Though, for the Hero-Questers, it is more difficult, since such an occurence would prematurely end the quest.

As they move to recommit to battle...a bolt of lightning strikes the battlefield. The sky is clear.

They break apart. Lord Grey adresses the Ogre once again.

"A strange omen. Your not bad, for an Ogre. Before you die, tell me why you poisoned my wife, beast."

Thrak returns it.

"Your wife? My wife was the one lies sick and dying."

There is a moment of relevation, shared by both of them, and Blade Singer finds himself thrown forward in the story...

Champion Thrak and Lord Grey sit near the crossroads of the Orc land. They have been travelling hard. They pause, to share a meal and make the decision.

"So, what say you Human? Will you enlist the strength of the Shadow One or the Axe Brother? Or Perhaps we could find the Witch ourselves..."

The entire God-Plane seems to slow down, and Blade Singer realizes that this choice is his to make.

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 15/15 (Your Spirit is strong)
Body 11/16 (Your Body is stable)
Mind 13/13 (Your Mind is strong)

Quest Artifacts
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Plumed Helm of Command
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

Molten Heart shows the blue seed to the Shaman. He gets an odd look. The shrunken head speaks again. Man, that's pretty creepy.

"Forlane knows that as the 'Bitterkin' Seed. It makes wounds flow more freely-sometimes useful if bleeding out evil spirits. Why do you ask?"

Molten Heart wonders what effect this would have on the Blood-Shamans magic. He was given it to help in the fight after all.

Before he leaves to find his friends, he purchases a jar of frost cap cream, a soul fetch (shaped like a Dwarf oddly enough), and a rope. He spends the last of his koinz.

By the time he gets to the Blood-Shamans hut, he is just in time to see a battle raging...

Spoiler: Round 2 (click to show/hide)

The Blood Cougar leaps at Sheltering Leaves, who aims a vicious kick at it's "face". Almost like bursting a water balloon, he feels his foot sink in and break some sort of surface tension-it pops, with most of the Blood spattering all over him. He feels revulsion as some of the blood literally crawls off of of him and rejoins the Blood  Wolf.

Pressing Tide leaps into action, his twin chains swinging in a wide arc. The first hits only air, but the second bisects the creatures head! Like before though, the blood instantly assumes a new form-this one of a bloated hopping toad with razor sharp teeth-and the Blood Wolf regenerates. It launches a vicious counter attack against Sheltering Leaves, but manages to cut off most of the tentacles before they attach to him. He realizes that a warrior who wasn't able to defend himself would never have a chance against this creature-it would just heal itself from whatever damage you could do to it. Like it's doing now.

On cue, Merame leaps from the shadows, dagger at the ready...but the Blood Wolf is ready.

It's entire body surges toward Merame, ensnaring her with a gruesome tentacle! Sheltering Leaves was also ready, though-he pops out his hand claws with an audible *snikt* and severs it before Merame is to badly hurt. She scampers away, safe for now.

Sheltering Leaves does a double take. The Wolf, between draining him and merame and regaining the small lost portion of the Cougar, has regenerated itself fully, and spawned another ally on top of that...he doesn't lose hope, though, Molten Heart is in the distance. He may be able to turn the tide of this battle.

Sheltering Leaves, -2 HP, (12 HP Remaining)

Blood Wolf , -0 HP, (Absorbed 6)
Blood Cougar Killed, (1 HP return)
Blood Toad is summoned!

Spoiler: Blood Wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blood Toad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:52:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:07 pm »

"Merame!" Leaf yelled, holding out his hand. She understood, sheathed the kris, and threw it to him. It was too dangerous to send her in a second time; he had a better chance of powering in past the wolf's defenses to stab it himself, and he would do so now before worrying about the toad.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 03, 2011, 12:24:36 am »

"It appears that it is time to test your power earth-kin! Strike with me!!"

Moltern Heart drew his sword and charged the blood wolf, feeling the power of the earth spirit flowing through him. As he charged he shouted to Pressing Tide;

"Stike down the lesser foe! We will handle the larger one!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 03, 2011, 06:03:51 am »

Nodding to Molten Heart, Pressing Tide began lashing at the toad.

On the topic of overmax stats, you might want to think about something like "above 9, you're treated as your actual stat -5, but deal double damage on a hit, unless you choose to forego this and act like you've got 9." I don't know if that's better than what you've got, but it does prevent over-9 from meaning autosuccess while still making it useful (and making each additional point further useful) and makes it clear that having that level of power is well beyond normal.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110