Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85550 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 53, The Storm Abates
« Reply #1515 on: August 11, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »

WTF did Blade Singer become Molten Heart? :P

Leaves merely looked away when Silent Fox was mentioned. He hated having his failures thrown in his face, and that's what it was: he had screwed up by running ahead and even further by not getting to the other Kai in time. As a result of his mistakes the human was dead and there wasn't anything he could do about that. For now, it seemed he had naught to do but wait while the other two spoke to the shaman, and the shaman made the additional masks. "I'll take my leave," he said, heading out the door. Talk of magic didn't particularly interest him and he would achieve little by hanging around in everyone's way. Better to let the others have some room if they needed it.

As he left, Merame hopped onto his shoulders once more. "What do you suppose we should do?" he asked the monkey. "I dunno. Maybe we could ask around and see if anybody needs anything done. Maybe you could something shiny out of it," she suggested. "Fair enough. Let's head into town." He spared a glance at Amalar, then headed into the village proper to ask around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 11, 2011, 04:50:20 pm »

Wut? How is blade singer like moltern heart?

"We would be very grateful if you could make 5 masks. How long will each one last when fighting the beast?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »

SC pointed out a spelling error I made.  :'(

Also, since I can't really quantify how much "time" a mask would last, let's just say it puts off the effects for randomly 1-5 rounds. Normally, fighting the upcoming mini-boss would double your fatigue loss, but as long as the mask lasts, it's only a normal decrease.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"That's the thing...mine lasted awhile, but it started melting immediately-probably because I have to use Towercap wood instead of metal like the directions said.

Eventually, it clogged, and I had to remove the thing before it throttled me. It will, rest assured, give you a small window of clean air-use it wisely."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 11, 2011, 05:07:12 pm »

"Thank you, wise one. I shall return later for these masks."

Moltern Heart turned and left the shack after bowing to the shaman in thanks. He paused for a moment, hearing the roars of a large animal in the distance, but disreguarded it. He followed leaves instead, deciding that a little more money would be handy. He also took the ball of scrap metal which was once the kris, so he could give it to the smith since she needed the metal.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 11, 2011, 05:46:06 pm »

Blade Singer/Lord Grey threw the fang away immediately before embarking on the trip to the Great Mother's residence. Hurr.

I've stuck with the story so far and I won't stop now. WE FIGHT!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 11, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »

Pressing Tide nodded. "I understand. Anything you could teach me that I might understand later or pass on to others would be appreciated as well, however.

In terms of the here and now... I'm specifically curious about blood enchantments. And, enchantments in general, if you know of them.

More specifically... what can you tell me about blood-enchanted weapons? Would the type of blood used affect the result? Could one perform such a feat without being a shaman? What about armor or other objects- what could infusing such items with blood magic accomplish?

Finally, could you tell me more about blood spirits? Their immunity to my usual abilities is quite fascinating..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 12, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

"Mother Nature give me the strength to survive those who chase me, and I promise never to stray from my life, as I have. I a guardian of the forest ask for your aid in escaping my dangers." says Silver Tree reciting an old prayer commonly used to aid sprites in their escape of foes who wish them harm. He lifted his head up, and began sprinting with the all his might towards the river to lose the beast.

Head for the river, and lose the beast.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 54, Time and Tide
« Reply #1522 on: August 13, 2011, 01:18:38 pm »

Decided to go with SC's suggestion-if a creature has more than 10 strength, they can either roll normally with a 90% hit chance OR take a power attack, with uses the new second digit

Ex.

Cave Tyrannosaur Mother
Strength: 14

Normal attack is made at 10 strength, as if she had 10 strength.

Power Attack is made at 4 strength-if it connects, it will do a full 14 strength worth of damage.

Also worked on some stuff for Blood Magic. It's all pretty new to me, so lets see if I broke the game!

DO IT ALL WORK?! I've got no idea.

--------------------------------------------
Turn 54

Silver Tree decides to run.

(Endurance roll: 3, fail)
(Recovery, Agility roll: 8, fail)

He's not fast enough. The Mother is right on him, and gaining...Silver Tree can see the river ahead of him. He puts on a final burst of speed, and leaps...he lands in the water easily enough and dives, but the Rex is standing over the rivers edge him, not unlike a hungry stork looking for a fish. She dips down...

(Rex uses Normal Attack, strength roll 8, hit) (Damage 10-8+10=12)) (Silver Tree Agi Defense Roll 6, pass, -2 damage)

And snatches him! Silver Tree struggles, but it's like he's being held in a vice...his training takes over then. Hanging upside down, he whips his bow off his back, nocks an arrow, and fires it into the Mother T-Rexes throat. It digs in harmlessly...but painfully. she drops him, and he falls back into the water, and begins paddling across.

(Str roll: 9, fail)

He's bleeding bad, and his blood mixes with the water...that's flowing a bit faster than he might have liked...Silver Tree feels the current sweep him away. At least he's getting further away from that monsters. It's easy to let his body rest in the flow, easy to relax. He knows the longer he floats, the less likely she'll be able to pick up his scent when she crosses over herself.

Silver Tree, -10 HP, 6/16 HP remaining

Molten Heart and Sheltering Leaves head back to the Ogre town. Thogga runs up to them and tells them the bad news...

"Your friend Silver Tree tried to...er, steal an Egg from a Cave Tyrannosaur Nest. He failed. The Ogres just turned him away from the village, since she would have destroyed it to get him. He went that way!" Thogga points in the direction he fled-not that it would be hard to follow the giant footprints.

They also learn that Blade Singer undergoing some sort of life-or-death God Walking ritual with the Shamans...one of the Shamans says Blade Singer could use the strength of his friends to help him complete the quest, less he fall before it is completed.

One problem at a time...

Blade Singer yells and charges side-to-side with Thrak.

(Str roll:8, fail) (Body damage 1d6=3)

He can't keep up with Lord Grey. How did this man do all this? They're biting...tearing his flesh.

There's too many...too many...but, Champion Thraks Heroquester is strong where Blade Singer is weak. Together, they manage to kill or scatter the majority of the wolves. Blade Singer can't remember much of the battle...it was brutal. At least fifty wolves lay dead around them in heaps. Despite his weakness, he followers Lord Grey into the caverns...and,

I saw the Great Mother, poring over one of her spell tomes. She had not expected us so quickly...I tried to reason with her, but she just laughed. Told us we would never save those we wanted to. We would fail...we would die here, or become her pets. She raised her staff. In this moment, despair took me. I took the blast, hoping it would end the pain...and felt myself change, but...

In this dire moment, Blade Singer regained control. He could dodge the blast that Lord Grey took, possibly. Save the mirror...alter the story...or, he could use the transformation to his advantage-if he was the one turned into a wolf, he could fight much better. There were many ways he could take the battle. This was the pivotal point. He had to choose wisely, or lose everything here.

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 9/15 (Your Spirit is stable)
Body 4/16 (Your Body is fading from the Godplanes...)
Mind 9/13 (Your Mind is stable)

Quest Artifacts
The Mirror of True Sight
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

The Blood Shaman and Pressing Tide talked much, while all this was going on.

Pressing Tide had gained the discipline of...

Spoiler: Blood Magicka (click to show/hide)

Pressing Tide can choose 1 spell from the following list every rank. Taking the Magicka Discipline in the future will allow him to choose 2 more spells every rank, and gains bonuses to all his spell rolls.

1. Improved Blood Transfer- Attack an enemy with your int based spell attack that does +1d10 damage. Half of the damage is turned in HP/BP, and placed into yourself, or a target of your choice. Costs 5 BP a use. Poison and disease can be transferred from blood to blood in this way.  It can be half negated by a spell resist roll

2. Blood Cage- Target cannot move, act or be attacked for that round. Last as long as you pay BP for it. Costs 5 blood power for every round in use, increasing by five every round if they are actively resisting.  It can be totally negated by a spell resist roll.

3. Blood Counter-Int Roll to fizzle any spell cast at you or your allies. Can fizzle one spell a round per 2 points of your intelligence. Costs 10 blood power.

4. Blood Vigor-Increases an allies str/agi by 3 for 1d3 turns, then lowers it by 6 for 1d3 rounds, possibly knocking them out. Automatically dissipates when resting out of combat. Costs 10 temporary HP loss from the target when the effect expires, possibly killing them. If they survive, the points regenerate on the next round or turn.

5. Blood Blade-Temporarily enchants a weapon for the duration of an entire combat to sap a quarter of the damage it does rounded up into HP for the wielder. Must be a cutting or piercing weapon .Costs 20 BP.

6. Blood Elemental-Summons a Blood Elemental using however much BP you decide. You must make an int roll every round to keep control of it. More BP used results in a stronger Elemental, but also increases the difficulty of the intelligence roll. You can specify what sort of creature you are creating, as long as it conforms to some sort of animal you are already familiar with.

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: Arrrrgh. I've been thinking of starting a new, easier to update RTD to let my mind get a break from just concentrating on this. Everybody loves Bards!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 13, 2011, 02:06:57 pm »

Leaves thought about it. There wasn't much he could do for Silver Tree; he just had to hope the sprite could get himself out of that situation. "I'm going to go help Blade Singer," he said to Heart. Without knowing where Silver Tree was and no knowledge of how to stop a t-rex, going out looking for him aimlessly would be a suicide mission. The most useful thing he could do with himself would be to help the human.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 13, 2011, 04:39:36 pm »

Pressing Tide thanked the Blood Shaman earnestly for his assistance, and mentioned that if there was anything he needed, it could not hurt to ask. Then he took his leave, requesting his Spider-Elf be released from its cage.

Returning to the village proper, he went over to Kirknak. Tapping his necklace, he asked the kobold "Are you still interested in this? What would you do with it?"

He posed a question to the voices in his head at the same time: "How would you feel about this necklace being destroyed?"

Decided to go with SC's suggestion-if a creature has more than 10 strength, they can either roll normally with a 90% hit chance OR take a power attack, with uses the new second digit

Ex.

Cave Tyrannosaur Mother
Strength: 14

Normal attack is made at 10 strength, as if she had 10 strength.

Power Attack is made at 4 strength-if it connects, it will do a full 14 strength worth of damage.
This strikes me as problematic, because it makes 11, for instance, worthless. You go from a 100% chance to hit at 10 damage to a 10% chance to hit at 11 damage. Not a good deal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 13, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »

Nitpicking, but technically you go from a 90% chance at 10 to a 10% at 11... and my idea was for 10+ to be equal to 40%, 20+ equal to 50%, etc. ^^;

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »

Silver Tree floated for awhile down stream letting the current drag him further from the beast, and when he recovered his strength a bit began swimming furhter down stream to add the distance between him, and the beast. Once he felt it was safe he dragged himself out of the water, found a safe spot, and began saying prayers to the spirits of the forest.

Get further down stream, and then drag myself out, hide, adn begin praying to the spirits of nature for forgiveness.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:52 pm »

forgot to warn you adwarf, dwarmin seems to be giving pepole chances to do things with great rewards but are lethal to accomplish.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »

forgot to warn you adwarf, dwarmin seems to be giving pepole chances to do things with great rewards but are lethal to accomplish.
I can see that the birds turned out stronger than I thought, and I strayed from my characters's personality there so I expected to get attacked, adn hurt greatly.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 13, 2011, 06:06:12 pm »

TAKE THE BLAST LIKE A MAN!

It's time to gamble with fate, and fate has loaded dice.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110