Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85628 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 52, The Storm Breaks the Heavens
« Reply #1470 on: August 03, 2011, 06:12:07 am »

Blade Singer paused, still thinking which one Lord Grey would have taken. "The Shadow Sister...or the Axe-Brother..." After a few long seconds of thinking, he looks up to Thrak and says, "I will go to...The Shadow Sister."

OhdeargodIhopeIguessedrightorelseI'llbecomeowned.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:17:01 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 03, 2011, 06:17:52 am »

Yay! dead Blade Singer!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 03, 2011, 06:23:34 am »

On the topic of overmax stats, you might want to think about something like "above 9, you're treated as your actual stat -5, but deal double damage on a hit, unless you choose to forego this and act like you've got 9." I don't know if that's better than what you've got, but it does prevent over-9 from meaning autosuccess while still making it useful (and making each additional point further useful) and makes it clear that having that level of power is well beyond normal.

That sounds good, but once you hit 15 you're back to auto-succeeding everything. :-\ Maybe instead of treating it as -5, you can get all the extra bonuses by treating it as "4+(tens digit)." So If you have a strength of 29 you can get all the bonuses by rolling as if you score was 6. At the lowest part (10) you can either roll your Strength as a 9 (to not get any extra bonuses) or as a 5 (to get the extra stuff). That would become a problem again once you get to 60, but honestly I doubt any enemy or player is going to have that much in stats. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 03, 2011, 06:26:31 am »

Yay! dead Blade Singer!

If I die I'm killing you.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:16 am »

I'm already dead though!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 03, 2011, 06:29:04 am »

That sounds good, but once you hit 15 you're back to auto-succeeding everything. :-\ Maybe instead of treating it as -5, you can get all the extra bonuses by treating it as "4+(tens digit)." So If you have a strength of 29 you can get all the bonuses by rolling as if you score was 6. At the lowest part (10) you can either roll your Strength as a 9 (to not get any extra bonuses) or as a 5 (to get the extra stuff). That would become a problem again once you get to 60, but honestly I doubt any enemy or player is going to have that much in stats. ^^;
Well, I was thinking of it repeating when that happens. Something slightly more elegant or automatic might be nice, but I'm not sure it's needed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 03, 2011, 06:29:43 am »

Soul vs Soul battle? And since you're here Krath, post in ASL. Taric just bumped it. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 03, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »

RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 03, 2011, 08:03:56 pm »

That's your strategy Adwarf?  :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 03, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »

That's your strategy Adwarf?  :(
I can't fight them they are ten times stronger than me. Do you have another plan help plz ?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19:51 pm »

Think about it. The more specific you are, you more likely you are to escape. I like well thought out plans, and you'll find the difficulty modifiers are lowered. Final word on this.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 03, 2011, 08:31:34 pm »

Silver Tree spoke to Alucard through their mental link saying 'Bite the one ahead of us in the leg, and while its in pain we will head for the woods. Once their I will shoot several arrows at the birds which will hopefully make them catch on fire. The next phase ios for us to run through the forest using rivers to erase our scent,a dns ticking to parts of teh forest where its hard for hte brids to get through. At first we won't head for the village, but once we run a little ways we will change directions, and hea dback to the village. Now get ready.'

Perform Above plan

((Like that ?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

Rough, but thats sort of what I'm looking for. Your chance of survival has somewhat increased.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 53, The Storm Abates
« Reply #1483 on: August 07, 2011, 10:29:23 am »

Turn 53

Silver Tree
thinks fast...only one chance. He whistles for Alucard, who comes leaping from the brush on command. It's a glorious charge-worthy of legend. The brave Wolf leaps upon the Thunder Lizard, almost a hundred times his size, gnawing and and slashing. The battle wont last long-Alucard is no match, despite his ferocity.

Silver Tree runs. There's no way he can win here. He hopes Alucard will follow...no. The last words he hears from his long time companion are...

"It was an honor."

Then, he feels their Empathic link snap like a broken wire as Alucard is slain and eaten defending his escape. He is nearly overwhelmed by their shared agony, and then there is a feeling of peace and light-the blessed afterlife? Alucard must have earned that. but, then...a sudden pull, and there is nothing. Cold. Something is very wrong.

And, unless he wants the same to happen to him...he keeps running, trying to shake the Mother Rex.

In time, he reaches a point where he believes he is safe. He leans against a giant mushroom stalk, staring into an unfeeling stone sky. His old friend, dead, because of him...he tries not to think about it, but it's impossible. The loss of an Animal Companion is never easy-it's been known to drive ither Animal Empaths like Silver Tree and Sheltering Leaves into despondancy, if not outright insanity. He almost feels as if he lost a hand or an foot...and the empty void inside of him will take a long time to heal, if it ever does.

And yet, his trials are not over. He can hear the steady stomping of the Rex pursuing him still. There's only one of them now-he's guessing the mother. The Father must have gone back to protect the nest. He's still a bit further from the village...where does he go now? Or perhaps, he should confront her. His choice.

Silver Tree has gained the following achievement
Broken Bond: This warrior lost his first animal companion to tragedy-closer than any friend, and more than a family member, it's a burden he'll carry for the rest of his days...ask yourself, were you worthy of his sacrifice?

----------------------------------

Blade Singer
(Luck Roll 3 VS 4 Fate Roll, unlucky!)

...can't help but feel uneasy. He's not sure if it's because he chose the wrong path, or he doesn't have the faith in himself to have chosen the right one...

(Spirit Damage d6=2)

The Road to the Shadow-Sisters doman is a long one and an odd one. As he rests near a stony brook, he meets a young Goblin in a red cape, who asks if he can polish Lord Greys Helm for a few coin...

(Charisma roll, 10, fail)

Against his common sense-he feels Lord Grey would have accepted this out of pride-Blader Singer allows the creature to do so, only to find the creature vanishing into a puff of red smoke, taking his helm with him...Blade Singer thinks it odd that this wasn't in the story, but it feels right all the same.

So, I Lord Grey lost the Helm of Command that day to a swindler...I would never tell anyone the real story...

In time, he arrives in Neegas domain-the burned out homesteads where her own people, the Hill Orcs, once dwelled, before being destroyed by Yelkmor the Dark Wolf. Now, only she and her coven of Shadow-Blade Assassins guard this dreary place. The ruins still remain, however-and Lord Grey...

I could see them, crouching in the shadows. They had probably seen me long before. I knew I needed Neegas blessing to gain the Great Fathers ear...so, to do this I had to meet her. I was indecisive. A direct attack would no doubt draw her out. I doubted my sneaking skills were good enough to fool the Shadow-Blades, but I could try diplomacy...in the end, I...

The Godlands pause in anticipation..well, what does Blade Singer do?

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 13/15 (Your Spirit is strong)
Body 11/16 (Your Body is stable)
Mind 13/13 (Your Mind is strong)

Quest Artifacts
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

Spoiler: Blood Battle! (click to show/hide)

Round 3
The Kai, now three strong, renew their assualt. Sheltering Leaves sidesteps the Wolfs jagged lunge, and stabs his blade deep into it's body. The Kris pierces through, and sinks in like he was trying to stab at mud. Hasilty withdrawing his hand, he watches the creature begin to shudder...it doesn't react how he thought it would. Instead of being harmed by the poison, it adds it to its mass! The beast now turns a pale shade of purple, and Sheltering Leaves caught off guard as a tentacle wraps itself around his leg. He can feel the familiar burn of Shade Cap poison in his veins again! Molten Heart jumps in at that moment, his Earth Elemental by his side, hewing off the tentacle-it burns and sputters as it comes in contact the Earthens Elemental Bane blade. The resulting slop reforms itself into a blood Eagle, which begins illogically flying minutes after it's 'birth'. Claystone swipes at it, but the bird, merely flies up beyond his reach.

((Sheltering Leaves, -2 HP, (12 HP Remaining)
Sheltering Leaves poisoned, -1 HP (-1 damage for three rounds)

Blood Wolf changes to Poisoned Blood Wolf , -8 HP (15 left)
Poisoned Blood Hawk Summoned!))

Round 4
Despite his injuries, Sheltering Leaves knows he must destroy the mutated Blood Wolf before it can do further harm. He judges the angle, then summons up his inner will...and lashes out with an explosive punch that blows the Wolf into pieces!

He doesn't have much time to congratulate himself though, as the remnants of the Wolf jump into the air, and merge with the hawk, and come down upon him, forming themselves into stabbing blades. They bite deep...he feels the poison drawn into him again, but it can't infect him any worse than it already has.

((Sheltering Leaves, -7 HP, (5 HP Remaining)

Blood Hawk, -12 HP (destroyed, 2 HP return)
Blood Toad Killed , (0 HP return)
Poisoned Blood Wolf Killed, (0 HP return)))

Round 5/6
Pressing Tide snaps at it with a chain to drive it off, but it holds on! Sheltering Leaves can feel his life force draining, as he hits the ground...the Earth Elemental Claystone, proves his worth at that moment, tackling the creature off the Elf-and, the Blood Elemental cannot absorb stone. It wrestles, comes out on top and tosses the Blood Hawk toward Molten Heart, who cleaves it into two points with a massive swing.

The warriors who can still stand spend the next few minutes stomping the last twitching vestiges of life out of the blood pools, until nothing can return. A difficult battle...but the way to the Shaman is open to you. Sheltering Leaves hurriedly downs his antidote. He feels the poison abate, thankfully, but he's still gravely injured. The Kai look for the knife, but all they find is the twisted ball of metal that it once was covered in gore.

((Sheltering Leaves, -1 HP, (1 HP Remaining)
Poisoned Kris Lost

Poisoned Blood Hawk, -21 HP (-7 HP remaining)))

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: Sheltering seems to come within an inch of death alot, doesn't he? Stabbing a Blood Elemental with a poison knife didn't turn out well...point out any mistakes. I always make them!

@Adwarf: I should say sorry about your wolf, but it was either you or him.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:51:19 pm by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 53, The Storm Abates
« Reply #1484 on: August 07, 2011, 10:37:12 am »

Silver Tree hesitated for a moment looking at the ground as he thought about his friend who had been with him since almost birth. The pain was massive as it weighed down his heart, and tears rolled down his cheek as he turns, and begins running towards the village. "Spirits of Nature guide my friend to his finally resting place, so that he may find eternal peace. Forest mourn his passing, skies weep with sorrow, and wind sing the song of remembrance for the one who is fallen. I guardian of the forest, Silver Tree ask that you spirits of nature guide this being in his passing." said Silver Tree as he ran through the forest trying to reach the village as swiftly as possible.

Run to the village, and give respect to the lose of Alucard's life
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110