Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85578 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 53, The Storm Abates
« Reply #1500 on: August 08, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 08, 2011, 04:22:27 pm »

((Taricus probably was referring to Shield Bearer Amalar'anet, Pressing Tides spider elf prisoner. Decidely less epic though, and he's a male.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 08, 2011, 04:23:15 pm »

((Well, Irony should remember the R next time :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 08, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

((Oh, that. Yeah, he's clearly one of her descendants [and/or just named after her I guess], banished for brutal executions, ruthlessly sacrificial tactics, and generally being too awesome and/or dwarfy for the rest of the elves to handle. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 08, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »

((We know what we must do, give Amala a spider fetish :P))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:37 pm »

"Damn my idiocy I have let my beliefs slide in place of money, and have been blinded by greed." says Silver Tree as he turns, adn pelts towards the catacombs where the beast lived. It might fear thats beings presence, and not approach.

RUN TO THE CATACOMBS CONTAINING THE BEAST THING

((He most likely is.))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:12:08 pm by adwarf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 08, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »

Blood shaman's probably either in the village or outside it in such a way that you'd have to get through (or take the long way around) to reach it anyway. Plus, your odds of shaking it solo are arguably better than our odds of being able to take it down as a team.

Personally, I'd try to train it into the tentacle monstrosity. Either the Rex refuses to chase, we find out what the tentacle monster's afraid of, or you scurry away while they duke it out Godzilla-style.

Or just jump into a river, I guess. Or try diplomacy again, or something. Maybe you can offer it a service in compensation?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 08, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »

Personally, I'd try to train it into the tentacle monstrosity.

That's a :3-worthy idea. So... :3 (I noticed adwarf is doing that. You also get a congratulatory :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 08, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

If it comes to it I will kill both of them (I have a plan, but I would rather not use it.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 08, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

Dude. Epic idea. Lure the t-rex into the tentacle beast, right? Now, if the t-rex wins, hopefully it'll be massively injured. At this point, you talk to it and start trying to get it used to you while it's too injured to attack you, build up a friendship with it...

BAM.

Epic animal companion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

would be fun if he gets an tyrannosaur kid named Eversor
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 08, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

I just want an ally to ride a t-rex into battle. :3 Anything else is just gravy.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 08, 2011, 08:03:49 pm »

Commence self mutilation Lightly drag the knife across my arm. MY WILL IS AS STEEL!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 08, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »

I'm not afraid of any spiderelf. I've killed them before and I can do it again. Plus all earthen, being subterrainal creatures, hate spiderelves. They know what horrors they could unleash and that they are all evil inside, despite how they act. So it's not really my choice since it's a history thing.

Also, how on earth will you know where the beast is? Just jump in a river dude.

Moltern heart noticed the little furry thing tugging on his tunic, and as he crouched down to see what it wanted, he saw that it was offering the cream back.

"Ah, thank you little one. I am glad that it wasn't needed."

After sparing a glare at the spiderelf, he went inside with the others. After letting the others say their piece, he noticed all the soul fetches hanging around.

"Wise shaman, what are all the soul fetches for? Are you expecting to be cursed sometime soon?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 11, 2011, 03:05:56 pm »

-Mini Turn-

Silver Tree turns toward where he is sure the way to the beasts den is. It's a long way.

The problem is, he's running out of breath...

(Endurance roll 9, fail)

He's been running too long without rest. His lungs are about to burst...Sprite and Kai though he may be, every mortal has limits. As in response, the Mother roars behind him, picking up the pace on it's own.

Perhaps he can try to put another burst of speed-he can hear the river slowly flowing ahead of him...but it's a terrible risk. If he gets there, he may throw her off for a awhile at least. Or, he may falter and meet his doom.

----------------------------------

Blade Singer grimaces, and draws the poisoned blade across his arm...

(Endurance roll 1, pass)
(Charisma roll, 4, fail! Body damage d6=4, Mind Damage d6=4)

Blade Singer wakes up an unknown time later. Neega seems pleasantly suprised he's still breathing.

"Good. You will bear a scar for the rest of your days...but the scar is the proof you need to gain what you want. The blade is yours to keep or destroy as you wish."

Blade Singer feels Lord Grey either destroyed or threw away the fang as soon as he could. If he's sticking to the story, he should do the same....

"Also, you will need this to defeat my mothers magic-if she corrupts your true form, it's gaze will restore it.". Neega handed Lord Grey a small mirror, and not long after, they departed for the capital.

(Luck Roll 3 VS Fate Roll 9, unlucky!)

As he and Neega travel they meet with Thrak. Blade Singer feels a shudder in the God Planes-he knows Thraks Heroquester was not able to enlist the help of Okus, and was not able to obtain the Thirsting Blade.

(Spirit Damage 1d6=4)

Blade Singers connection to Lord Grey is still strong, though, as he has been faithful. He hopes his partner doesn't fall...then they both would fail.

The meeting with the Orcish Great Father goes smoothly. With Neegas help, they manage to to overturn Okus's opposition, and the way to the Great Mothers den is revealed.

Thrak and Lord Grey arrived at the Great Mothers Den. It was well guarded...only one way in, or out, and not much cover.

I and Thrak were not surprised. There must have been at least a hundred black wolves prowling about the Den. Many of them seemed to be barely alive-little more than zombies, bent to starve while defending the den, at the Great Mothers will. We had to get past them, and quickly. We didn't what sort of defense she would be able to put up given enough time...but, she must have known we were coming. I figured we might be able to build torches and fight our way inwards, then hopefully deal with that Orcish Witch before they came back. Thrak suggested we go down and slaughter them all. That was also a good idea...

Thraks Heroquester is prepared to charge as well. He's afraid of falling from the Godplanes, and wants to reenact the story as he was told-through physical combat alone. But...Blade Singer is in danger of failing the test of strength-he still must fight the Great Mother and win afterwards. What shall he do?

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 9/15 (Your Spirit is stable)
Body 7/16 (Your Body is weakening)
Mind 9/13 (Your Mind is stable)

Quest Artifacts
The Mirror of True Sight
Yelkmors Venomous Fang
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

Blade Singer has earned the following achievement
Scarred: This warrior will wear a scar on his lower left arm for the rest of his days

The Shaman listens to you each in turn, showing little visible emotional response. Though his mouth does twitch a little when Sheltering Leaves mentions the beast.

"Yes...the only creature I could say matched me...his stench is more than merely annoying-it saps your endurance and strength. Many warriors who have tried to fight it fall unconscious, and are eaten at leisure...

The first time I faced him, I nearly passed out myself, so I made one of these."

He rummages in a crate for a large, rubber insect looking mask, with large glass eyes and a long tube leading to a can.

"I use this to breath free air when facing it. It works, but the stench is so acidic, it melted through the filter-this one is useless now. I actually purchased the plans from that little Kobold trader who sometimes peddles ring in town...I have the materials at hand, and can make you all some, given a little time."

He then turns to a comment from Molten Heart

"Blood Magic is quite dangerous...the Spirits I work with I am well defended against, but if they got loose they could do horrendous damage. Never work with spirits without at least having one fetch, that's what I was taught." He gestures around the room, where at least twenty of them are hanging about.

Then, he turns to Pressing Tide

"You'll have to be specific about what you want to know...speculation isn't my specialty.

But, I think you can be trusted with certain techniques in time-but your not skilled in Magicka, I believe. You could barely handle that ring during the fight. I saw. Without a working knowledge of Elemental Magic basics...well, there's little I can safely teach you right now.

It's a horrible shame the Kai Silent Fox is not here. I heard the Elemental Spirits lament his passing from this world...he could have learned much from me."

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:25:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110