Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Silverfires the Second (.25, open) - Goblin Attacks Daily!  (Read 3475 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires the Second (.25, open)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 09:59:09 am »

Can I have one turn?

EDIT:
But I'm warning - I'm not very good at this game ;)
Skill is not a requirement for any succession game. It just helps. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 10:02:31 am »

Really? ;P What about this - I'm from Poland and my english is really on medium level :D

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 12:08:14 pm »

Cats logs burn equally well in any language  :P

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »

1st Hematite
The meeting hall is finished. While the miners are working on digging out the workshop floor, I am ordering the construction of chairs and tables.

14 Malachite
Immigrants! 8 of them. We have effectively doubled our population. Amongst them are celebrated blacksmith Dariush Colorplanks, Angle Highknife the mason, and a potash maker who I decided to thrust into the unglorious but more useful position of manager.

13 Limestone
Construction has started on a security system...

3rd Sandstone
Migrants are waiting for the bridge to be built. Angle is working as fast as he can.

12th Sandstone
The bridge has been completed and the migrants are coming in. Population is now 21.

23rd Sandstone
Savolainen5 is acting as though he was possessed. I will have to keep my eye on him...

25th Sandstone
After shambling about like a zombie, Savolainen5 has claimed the Carpenter's workshop and took two logs and a platinum nugget. He is beginning his work...

1st Timber
Savolainen5 has waken up from his stupor, dazed, confused, and holding an oaken chair called Ubasosust.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This will fit quite nicely in the Administration office.

12 Timber
The traders are here! Get all the crafts out to the depot, quick!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:27:05 pm by aussieevil »
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Nem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 01:22:08 pm »

Oh can I be dorfed? I can be a gem cutter/farmer. But most i want to be a militia commander xD.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »

21st Timber
Jeeves has traded some of our craft pile in exchange for three anvils, some turtles, booze, and some blocks. The traders looked very pleased with the transaction. And he's not done yet, he says. Wait until the rest of the stuff is at our golden depot, he told the traders. They are staying put.

3rd Moonstone
Over a barrel of ale, I talk with Zasit, the outpost liason. I make respectful requests for steel, glass, and training weapons.

6th Moonstone
Jeeves trades the rest of the crafts for a good amount of food. The trader, Reg, would later tell me that Jeeves was the most polite trader that she has ever met.

7th Moonstone
Here is what the Mountainhomes want:

9th Moonstone
As the traders leave, the miners tell me that they have discovered a cavern.

That cavern contained a few cave crocodiles which made short work of everyone in the fortress. I will have to reload from a backup.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:09:31 pm by aussieevil »

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 07:24:03 pm »

Damned crocodiles.  :o

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 07:46:48 pm »

21st Timber
Jeeves has begun his series of trades with the merchants. He is putting on quite a show, I tell you.

23rd Timber
Jeeves takes a short break from trading.

28th Timber
I sit down with a meeting with our outpost liason. My requests are for sand, glass, iron and steel.

1st Moonstone
Jeeves informs me that he has just finished a series of successful quick-fire trades and that all the crafts were traded away.

3rd Moonstone
Here is the wish list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12th Moonstone
The traders depart.

4th Obsidian
A weaver has just been taken by a fey mood.

17th Obsidian
A clothier's shop has just been claimed...

1st Granite 252
Well, as is tradition, today is the day I hand over the fortress to someone else. In this case, I will be relinquishing control to the legendary miner cappstv.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:10:14 pm by aussieevil »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 09:38:00 pm »

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:09 am »

Downloading...
I haven't actually play DF in a while, so I will probably get a few dwarfs kill. That is just my style.

Anyway I will get some posts up tomorrow, need to do a few things tonight.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 07:00:14 pm »

Good luck!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »

1st Granite
Some fellas just have the worst ideas. Aussieevil seem competent enough as our overseer when he was running things, but his final decision as overseer is making me question whether he was indeed competent, or just lucky.  He has chosen me, a humble miner with no past experience in a leadership role, to lead our glorious settlement. He claims that I have some sort of sparkle in my eye, but I am pretty sure those were my tears for fears that I then and now possessed. It seems that no one else is trouble with Aussieevil's decision. Even my own lover, Lafiel, seems to be content with his decision.

Alas, I alone know what trouble times I shall bring to this place. It will be no one's fault but my own. Fortunately all these troubles will probably make an entertaining read to whoever finds this journal.

6th Granite
It has been five days since I first became overseer. In those five days I did absolutely nothing. I just sat back and let the place run itself. Today I have finally gain enough confidence to give out my first true order: The construction of a brand new art gallery. Now I know this may not sound as glorious as a long narrow magma pump that sprays hot steaming liquid over goblins, but I strongly believe in supporting the arts.

14th Granite
Lovely Lafiel is currently throwing a party. I am of course attending. It seems rather fine so far.

2nd Slate
The partying was pretty much nonstop. I forgot all the woes of being in charge, until I heard news of Tobul Adoludil going insane. It appears he has been struck by melancholy. The partying has finally come to a close, as everyone who attended walks away with their heads hanging so low their beards almost touch the floor.

14th Slate
Migrants. Twenty two migrants. With livestock. We need the meat.

2nd Felsite
By some miracle our home has not yet suffer a terrible disaster at my hands yet. Hopefully when the rest of spring will be uneventful. The art gallery is coming along nicely, hopefully the first phase will be finish as soon after summer starts.

19th Felsite
The pointed ear pretentious nature lovers have arrive wishing to trade goods. I wonder how many varieties of twigs they have. To signal their arrival mother nature is letting the water drip from the heavens.

27th Felsite
Lafiel has died. She was working too hard, too hard on my gallery. She was working too hard and she didn't even realize she was dehydrated.  I don't know what to do with myself. She was died because of my orders. I can't bring myself to write anymore, for I know it is my fault.

1st Hematite
Summer.

Her body is in a casket.

I can't bring myself to look at it.

The art gallery will be her tomb. It will all be dedicated to her.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 08:06:32 pm »

I'll take a turn, dorf me as a miner or stonecrafter. Is there a time limit?

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »

Lafiel has died.

Wait, so soon? And I hoped to get some goblin action  :'(

Oh well, I'll use any suitable migrant that comes by.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »

2nd Hematite
I have been digging lately. When this "honorable" position was bestow on me I stop digging there for a while. But I am digging again, it keeps my mind off of things. They don't need me up there anyway.

15th Hematite
An animal dissector has decided it would be best to go crazy and begin work on some sort of item. Tobul, the last dwarf to be taken by such a mood, died a couple days ago in his room from dehydration. Lets hope our animal dissector will find the items he needs. Knowing how morbid the dwarf is, he probably will find the things he needs in the body of the late Tobul.

21st Hematite
Ever since I became overseer I often find myself going to the workshop of JohnnyDigs. He has become a legend around here, and almost ever work he produces is a masterpiece. He is probably the best stonecrafter I have ever seen. Watching him work one is something that I feel every dwarf should experience before they die. Unless if that is not your type of thing.

14th Malachite
Sometimes I still dream about her. And when I wake up I feel like I have lost her all over again. Once I finish the gallery I don't know what I am going to do with this settlement, or with my own life for that matter. Maybe it would be best if to just disappear.

I have been thinking a lot about drowning. It is one of the top things I think about nowadays. That and digging.

OOC:
Sorry for the small update.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:29:03 pm by cappstv »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4