Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131139 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #780 on: September 10, 2015, 12:57:17 am »

Eh, if you are interested, I can link my 1st 2 FOB invasions wins, on the easier bases.  Mind you, my win ratio is like 1 out of 5.
Pretty much highlights the 2 ways to win, kinda.  I still gotta upload em.
EDIT: Apparently I've only saved 1 of em.  The other one was only 6 seconds for some reason.

Also, this one japanese guy has been a pain today.  2 times today, he attacked, but I showed up to defend.  The mission ends before I could even load in.  (I think he purposefully d/c since there is no apparent damage/losses.)  Then I find that he finally succeeded.  Holy carp though, he just straight up wrecked my defense with non-lethal without even bringing up the alarm.  In less then 3 minutes.  There were a total of 3 platforms.  I can't compete with that. (On PS4)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:11:52 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 10, 2015, 01:09:59 am »

PSA: The emblem creator is patched! Perfectly usable now.

Soon the world will learn to fear the Sons of Groznyjgrad!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 10, 2015, 05:31:54 am »

My emblem is Platinum Fox. Very original, I know. Thank you.
Because my security team sucks, my #1 priority in FOB missions is never getting detected. I also live for that sweet "You got robbed and here's their username but you can't rob them back, because fuck you" feeling afterwards.
Sarcasm?
No, I mean I love doing it. To other people.
Also, that bit about getting an alert isn't true. If you stay hidden long enough that they start a search, as in they lost you, you're good. I know firsthand. :P
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 10, 2015, 08:35:23 am »

I almost went with Platinum something, or Sons of Silver, but now it's Octopus Island :D
I really like Decoy Octopus and am happy to have his codeword can you tell

Also I just realized you can sell the mortars and things for a hefty product.  Phew...  For a second there I was having doubts about fultoning ALLLL THE THINGS.  My waiting room is permanently full now, but I started 3 facility upgrades before I had to quit yesterday.  And 300/person is a low price for permanently removing people.

Though I used a c4 to disable a car, and accidentally killed a VIP ):  Which was technically the mission but aw.  I tranqed the driver as he tried to get out, but then the car asploded.  Ah well, if I *never* kill anyone then I'll miss out on some of the game's cooler toys, like close air support.

Supply-drop grenades seem kinda pointless though.  Is the only benefit that you don't have to open the map to make the request?  Because I can see that being a little useful, but not worth the cost.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 10, 2015, 08:43:30 am »

Supply-drop grenades seem kinda pointless though.  Is the only benefit that you don't have to open the map to make the request?  Because I can see that being a little useful, but not worth the cost.
The grenades themselves are 100 gmp, if you keep it at the lowest level.  Otherwise, maybe convenience.  Players choice there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 10, 2015, 09:08:56 am »

Eh, if you are interested, I can link my 1st 2 FOB invasions wins, on the easier bases.  Mind you, my win ratio is like 1 out of 5.
I'd probably watch 'em at some point if you upload 'em.
Maybe not for a while, since the internet connection here isn't great. Also, it's cool that you're on PS4- once I'm home and once I have the money to grab a copy (and a PS Plus membership, I guess... hnnnng.) we'll have to play. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:26 am »

I figured it out, the formula for winning or losing FOB missions as the invader.

If a player spawns you lose, if he doesn't you win.
Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 10, 2015, 11:37:18 am »

I figured it out, the formula for winning or losing FOB missions as the invader.

If a player spawns you lose, if he doesn't you win.
Yea.  I've come to that conclusion too, when facing off against defenders.
Basically, your goal is to survive for the 5 minutes before the wormhole opens up again... and making it there.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:29 pm »

So, what about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 10, 2015, 12:49:31 pm »

So, what about
*Shrug* No sense in contemplating new stuff.  I still have to delve into chapter 2, if I don't get sidetracked...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 10, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »

So, I should have a bit of money tomorrow, is there still a way to get this cheaper than the gazillion dollars it is on steam?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 10, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 10, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »

You'll want them during the
Black lives matter.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 10, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

btw have some discount coupons if anyone needs/wants them. They convinced me to get the game earlier than planned.
This is what I used, thanks again Furtuka.  I don't know if they're still valid though.
Huh, weird, apparently GMG can't sell it to me because I'm in Canada? Odd.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 10, 2015, 02:30:29 pm »

So, I should have a bit of money tomorrow, is there still a way to get this cheaper than the gazillion dollars it is on steam?

I preordered from Nuuvem. 44 dollars. Not sure if the deal's still there, though.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 124