Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131002 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #540 on: September 01, 2015, 09:08:24 pm »

Are there physical copies of this game for PC?
Yes there is a physical copy but it's a goddamn joke. All it comes with is an 8mb installer for Steam, so have fun downloading the entire game anyways!

As for the game itself, I found some of the acting kinda strange, especially after having just come from Peace Walker (or having watched someone else play it). I guess the characters changed quite a bit in those 9 years (Ocelot is looking to be my favorite character so far just because he has personality while the others just seem to have issues). I was also pretty confused, as Snake stated that he was 'already a demon' despite having done nothing other than bringing Miller back to Mother Base (Not a spoiler, it's pretty much the first thing you do in the game after the hospital section). Would've been more appropriate if Snake had... well... kicked a dog or something beforehand.

On a side note, before I went to bed Yesterday I chose free roam Mother Base instead of a mission just so I could look at some of the tech trees. It's good for players who want a bit more of the backstory to listen to conversations soldiers have around MB, as they discuss things like how he became to be known as 'Big Boss'. Useful if you don't want to go looking through spoiler-tastic wikis and such.

I'd also like to note that while Rocket League recognizes that I'm using a PS4 controller, MGSV does not recognize it as one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:11 pm »

Game is so damn good.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »

So has anybody experienced the multiplayer yet?  Is it good?  Does it work?  Can you consistently get into games without lag and disconnects?  Does it seem like you're getting invaded by bug-exploiters, hackers, impossibly good players, or otherwise game-ruining opponents?  Are your invasions fun? 

The multiplayer is what'll decide if I buy this.  I've been burned too many times on similar multiplayer promises.  Dark Souls for example I'd consider a burn, even though it did eventually work it was never what it was cracked up to be.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 01, 2015, 10:02:39 pm »

If you're too impatient to wait eighteen minutes for part of your FOB to build when you can simply continue to play the game for those eighteen minutes you might need to reevaluate something about yourself.
They're optional microtransactions anyway, and they use ingame currency. It's not, say, base-building smartphone games, with hour-long waits for upgrades to things. You need to tell the whole story with this stuff. :P
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 01, 2015, 10:05:33 pm »

The FOB stuff is what I'm referring to.

Server issues in what way?  Because if it's the exact same shit that happens to every single game with multiplayer like this, count me out.  Not even for the singleplayer, I'm not gonna buy another game with broken multiplayer as a selling point.

So guys who've actually played the multiplayer!  Server stability, how is it?  Microtransactions, how are they?  Can I expect to have a lot of fun with the FOB multiplayer without paying money?  Or will I be paying money and getting disconnects and lag on half my games?
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:17 pm »

Then you may or may not be talking to the wrong people. (I might be a wrong person to talk to...!)
But, with the microtransactions, I am almost completely sure they're only in-game currency that you earn by playing, unless microtransaction automatically means using real-world money.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:49 pm »

90% of the time, it does. And no matter what I will hate them. I mean, usually, I ignore them, but I still hate them.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2015, 12:48:02 am »

*salivates*

come to me delicious plamo
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2015, 02:29:36 am »

I'm pretty bad at this game apparently. I have 7-ish hours played and I've only beaten that mission 6 or something? Too lazy to open game back up and look. I keep getting B ranks =(

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2015, 02:32:59 am »

*salivates*

come to me delicious plamo
For some reason, I now want Metal Gear lego.
Doesn't matter if it's Solid or Rising or whatever. I want/NEED it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2015, 07:30:52 am »

I haven't gotten to FOB stuff yet, but it looks like you can get MB coins as daily rewards for logging in.
I'm also going to say the game is totally worth it just for the single-player.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2015, 09:21:36 am »

I'm pretty bad at this game apparently. I have 7-ish hours played and I've only beaten that mission 6 or something? Too lazy to open game back up and look. I keep getting B ranks =(
Don't beat yourself over it.  The score is partially based on time and you probably have no clue what the layout of the area is.

You either spend a lot of time scouting the place and go in to get caught anyways, go in guns blazing or go in blind and get caught anyways.  Though, personally, I think I've got somewhat proficient in the art of running away and picking them off for the tactical takedown bonus, which can bring the rating back up to A if you do it enough. 
Cause who knows how often I've taken some poor sod down and there is this other guy I never noticed showing up behind me.  Half the time, he is the one that is revealed from interrogation...

Headshots and Tactical Takedowns give +1k points each, so if you do spend the time to take most everyone out, you can still potentially get an A, maybe even up to S if you are quick enough and don't make a lot of mistakes.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:54:36 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:09 am »

Peace Walker gets you a bit of backstory. Ground Zeroes is basically the "prequel chapter" for Ground Zeroes, but so far it doesn't seem to be 100% necessary. It does include some semi-hidden tapes you get in Peace Walker right off the bat for some instant backstory. You can finish Ground Zeroes in about the time it takes to complete a single mission in Phantom Pain, much less time if you know the speedrunning tricks.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

Well, the coupon was enough to get my buy, against my better judgment.  I'm in class now, it's downloading.  We'll see what happens.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 124