Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131138 times)

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #765 on: September 09, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »

I've actually had a big issue with the new metal gear solid game. I just got an xbox 1 controller and it's -UNPLAYABLE- because holding down the rb button gives me massive pain in about 10 seconds. It's unbearable and I have found no way to fix it.

What I need is a bunch of people to call/email support to fix the thing so they actually look at it.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 09, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

Just beat the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Oh yeah.  If you want to play FOB but don't want to deal with the bullshit, just spam support on randoms until you've got like a hundred.  I just got 500,000 GMP and 6 B-A recruits for ganking an intruder who never knew what hit him.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:59:06 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

fredred

« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2015, 05:52:53 pm »

I lost interest in Metal Gear, the earlier versions were great, but they ruined the franchise, just like they did with Resident Evil.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 09, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »

Bah...  worse case scenario, d/c from server while hitting FOB.   Apparently the door was locked or something, else I'd have won before that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2015, 06:27:53 pm »

I lost interest in Metal Gear, the earlier versions were great, but they ruined the franchise, just like they did with Resident Evil.

Well that's a very interesting story Mark.

Also

EDIT:  I did it.  Check the codename, bitches

Also multiplayer's really fucking stupid.  How am I actually supposed to win when the door's locked and the guy can respawn infinitely?  I killed him like five fucking times but since we kept fighting I could never actually win the mission
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:17:56 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 09, 2015, 07:46:16 pm »

Also it just occurred to me.  Has anyone ever actually gotten a serious injury?
I got mauled by a bear once when my horse refused to run away. The horse controls are not as responsive as I would like.

Just got to Africa the other day but haven't really gotten the chance to play since then. Something tells me it's gonna be a loong time before I actually beat the main story.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 09, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »

You have no idea, dude.
Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 09, 2015, 08:21:57 pm »

I'm personally at the beginning of chapter 2.  Going through the old episodes and completing everything/S Rank. 
Now screwing around with FOB shenanigans, record: 2/9 times, I die like a scrub.  Victories only in 'easy' bases.  Victories snatched away by poor Konami network: 1
Also joined 1 FOB defense with random person I supported.  Supporting buncha randoms so I can get more Base v Intruder for easier win.

Fun Tip: Lethal, if you bring non-Snake in offensive and die...  I'm assuming if you get fultoned in a non-lethal base, but not entirely sure on that.  I didn't check from the one and only time I fultoned someone in a defense.
Doesn't seem death is death while on defense, but... we had a victory in the end.

EDIT: Shotgun is Lord and Savior.  Tried to LMG a guy.  It did not work..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:32:23 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 09, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »

I use the grenade launcher.  As they say when in Rome, launch grenades.

The melee is pretty annoying.  As a bonus, on PC people can use macros to instantly beat the wake-up minigame.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 09, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »

Who needs a macro, I just spaz out and wake up immediately.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »

I use the grenade launcher.  As they say when in Rome, launch grenades.

The melee is pretty annoying.  As a bonus, on PC people can use macros to instantly beat the wake-up minigame.
Yea, people have turbo controllers or something.  I take a long time to wake up compared to them.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 09, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »

Because my security team sucks, my #1 priority in FOB missions is never getting detected. I also live for that sweet "You got robbed and here's their username but you can't rob them back, because fuck you" feeling afterwards.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 09, 2015, 11:45:48 pm »

Because my security team sucks, my #1 priority in FOB missions is never getting detected. I also live for that sweet "You got robbed and here's their username but you can't rob them back, because fuck you" feeling afterwards.
Sarcasm?

Anyways.  If you want to deter/stop people, go all in on expenses/loadout/base building of FOB. 
If you only have the 1 Command Center platform, you will be laughably easy pickings.
If you only have 1 platform of anything, you will still be laughably easy pickings.
If you don't invest in the security items, you will be laughably easy pickings.  (Decoy's also pull in auto-aim, so every bit helps.)
If you have 2 platforms of anything, you will be harder to loot, but the better players will still get by.

As for the enemy 'winning', getting an alert will close the final objective room, until they neutralize each and every defender on the main platform.  So basically, all in is how you do it.  Lethal is pretty effective, since the intruder cannot get back up after getting shot up...  I've lost a number of people to that like a newbie.  (Low combat stat guys have a lower health pool/die much faster.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 09, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »

Okay I watched a video of an FOB infiltration and it looks awesome. I am certainly getting hype to play this once I get home... and get my payment sorted out. Ehhhh. I just can't wait to... to... do all the stuff, basically. And obviously there's the actual multiplayer to come, too.
I'm about to watch your video now, Zangi.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 10, 2015, 12:20:03 am »

I've been binge-playing MGSV since it came out. Great game. Hate FOBs with a passion because of the lack of hack protection, but I've been lucky enough to not run into the problem myself.

Mostly got S-ranks, but there are a few As and one C (which taunts me). Definitely looking forward to co-op, and S-ranking everything. :3

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 124