Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131147 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #810 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:59 pm »

Did Mission 45.
It took a god-awful amount of checkpoints.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 13, 2015, 10:39:30 am »

I still haven't shot a person with lethal bullets...
But I did just throw a tranquilized man in front of a truck as his buddy was getting in.  It worked exactly as planned, the poor driver even cried out in anguish.  What are ethics

Anyone in a tank, or marginally a truck, is also fair game to rockets/c4.  I'm considering making an exception for helmets as well.  They're practically forcing me to kill them, I say! :P  (I do love that the hitbox is precise enough to still shoot them in the face) (sometimes I think about shooting darts into someone's face being "nonlethal".  A lot of my "employees" should probably have eye patches.)

Also I'm almost done with all the side quests in the first area.  20%.  I really want to unlock certain things, but the completionist in me is having so much fun.  Also sandstorms are wonderful.
Smoke grenades are even better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 13, 2015, 11:23:58 am »

Do smoke grenades cause an alert? I remember watching someone playing through Peace Walker and they were ridiculously OP in that game.

Also note that even after you cvlear the side quests, as soon as you return to ACC you'll probably get more of them. I've held off on trying to complete aaalll of them until I'm further in.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 13, 2015, 11:25:50 am »

I don't think so, they do cause hilarious coughing fits though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

That's kinda strange, because the people even yell out "grenade!" when it lands near them so you would think that they would suspect something is amiss after it clears.

Also, gas mask guys aren't affected by the grenade as far as I can tell, but it doesn't matter since you'll most likely be smashing their face into the ground anyways since they can't see you.

E: Their gas masks don't protect their face from tranqs either...?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:53 am »

Do people know if non-combat alerts invalidate perfect stealth no kills?

Because there's a ton of good tools like the decoy that cause alerts when you use them.  I've never been able to actually do a mission where I got an alert without also triggering reflex or something.

Spoiler: Good decoy opportunity (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2015, 11:52:04 am »

Do smoke grenades cause an alert? I remember watching someone playing through Peace Walker and they were ridiculously OP in that game.
Yeah I was very pleasantly surprised.  Not only do enemies see the grenade and dive for cover, but the smoke makes them stand/lay there coughing for the entire duration...  I just wanted some cover, these practically double as quiet stun grenades.  I assume they don't do that for gas mask mooks though (and even so, the cover is invaluable).

Enemies within the cloud can't even radio out, but it does seem that others will see it and raise the alert level, like hearing gunfire.
Also note that even after you cvlear the side quests, as soon as you return to ACC you'll probably get more of them. I've held off on trying to complete aaalll of them until I'm further in.
Been through many cycles of this, heh.  But actually yeah, I might not be as done as I thought.  I've cleared the 5 Afghan "Highly-skilled soldier" ops (and, as someone pointed out, the target is often less skilled than his friends).  I've taken out 2 tank units, and am working on the third armored vehicle unit now.

But yeah, once I finish this I'm going to the next area.  I presume I need to in order to

E: Their gas masks don't protect their face from tranqs either...?
They don't, probably because they're soft rubber.  And they should count their lucky stars for that!

Out of curiosity, doesn't anyone use the stun arm or the riot smg?  I really don't see the purpose of either.  Unless the stun arm breaks through riot-shield enemies or something.  The riot smg seems almost entirely inferior to the basic tranq pistol.  I don't even think it's silenced.  I do sometimes use the rubber-bullet assault rifle though, once the alarm's up.  (wish I could silence the tranq sniper, someday I know).

Do people know if non-combat alerts invalidate perfect stealth no kills?

Because there's a ton of good tools like the decoy that cause alerts when you use them.  I've never been able to actually do a mission where I got an alert without also triggering reflex or something.

Spoiler: Good decoy opportunity (click to show/hide)
I'm pretty sure even being spotted in reflex mode invalidates perfect stealth.  I cleared C2W with no kills or alerts whatsoever, but didn't get perfect stealth.  So, probably.

Huh, I haven't even researched decoys.  That fight was honestly really easy with the tranq sniper, though.  The End, they aren't.  Just pop out of cover briefly and they give away their position.  Do it again so they fire again, then take the shot.  I even tracked them moving from cover to cover a couple times, they kick up dust and move pretty predictably.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 13, 2015, 12:21:36 pm »

Spoiler: Quiet (click to show/hide)

Out of curiosity, doesn't anyone use the stun arm or the riot smg?  I really don't see the purpose of either.  Unless the stun arm breaks through riot-shield enemies or something.  The riot smg seems almost entirely inferior to the basic tranq pistol.  I don't even think it's silenced.  I do sometimes use the rubber-bullet assault rifle though, once the alarm's up.  (wish I could silence the tranq sniper, someday I know).
Well... the loud stun shotgun has its fun uses with reflex on.  Practically 1 hit stun and as long as you arn't in the open or anywhere you can be spotted while out of shotgun range...  Main problem is the very low stun time and the need to reload very often.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 13, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »

Huh, I haven't even researched decoys.  That fight was honestly really easy with the tranq sniper, though.  The End, they aren't.  Just pop out of cover briefly and they give away their position.  Do it again so they fire again, then take the shot.  I even tracked them moving from cover to cover a couple times, they kick up dust and move pretty predictably.

As for increasing her bond I think you can just take her on missions and not let her actually do anything.  Gotta be careful if you're serious about not killing anyone at all, but there you go.
Shoes...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 13, 2015, 01:29:21 pm »

Spoiler: Legendary Gunsmith (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 13, 2015, 01:32:10 pm »

Spoiler: Legendary Gunsmith (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 13, 2015, 01:38:20 pm »

I'm fairly certain I'm able to
Spoiler: Mild endgame spoilers (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 13, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »

[spoiler=Legendary Gunsmith]
Ah, I only saw the one in africa. I haven't done either of those ones yet.
I haven't actually seen any bears the whole time I've been playing. :(
[spoiler]

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 13, 2015, 01:42:59 pm »

Riot SMG does, in fact, have a suppressor. It's 100% better than the tranq if you can score headshots, and the best early game weapon ever.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 13, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »

Ah okay, so the recoil is crazy but it should only really be fired one shot at a time?
I didn't assume a single rubber bullet to the head was enough, seemed to take more...  I didn't try it long.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 124