Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131136 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #795 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

Fun little thing... one of those prisoner extraction side ops.  Guards are killed by dogs.  People driving by kill surviving dogs, brings area to caution, but leaves.  I waltz in and extract prisoner.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:34 pm »

I've also had some odd experiences with prisoner extraction missions.

D-Dog especially breaks prisoner missions since he can spot them through walls from more than a hundred meters away.  In the one where you have to rescue your intel team member and he tries to escape on his own via truck, when Kaz told me to cover his escape and extract him after he's gotten to a safe distance I was already carrying him off.  I got to him before he could actually get in the car.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 10, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

FOB successes up to 7. Only one I did today out of three or four gave the enemy my location, too. And now I have about 7 digits of GMP. :D

Also why is the "Extract the Highly Skilled Soldier 0X" target, this time, a soldier with a top skill level of B? He doesn't even have a skill! There were at least three guys there with A+ stats, too!
Also I tranqed the entire base and shot, maybe, one guy that wouldn't have survived the Fulton probably. Good pickings.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 10, 2015, 07:33:26 pm »

Just got 850,000 GMP for grenade spamming a guy to death.

FOB is completely broken.  Normally games with this kind of gameplay are asymmetrical.  I've got guys on my side and bigger guns but the enemy has stealth abilities and special pathways I can't take, like air vents.

This really isn't thief vs guards, this is a one on one deathmatch where one guy has a bunch of guards on his side.  I've actually snuck up on the invader before, just cause he has to worry about guards and I don't.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 11, 2015, 10:54:46 pm »

Just unlocked weapon customization. Surprisingly a lot of things you can do that look outright wrong... an AK with an M16 type forgrip and barrel, lol.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 11, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »

You can put an AMR barrel (specifically the one with side/bottom mounts) on a Bame... Balme... The Somethingtov sniper rifle.
And apparently you can silence enormous machine guns you carry on your back? Who knew.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 11, 2015, 11:12:03 pm »

Machineguns are basically just assault rifles with heavier barrels and belt-fed mechanisms, suppressors for them exist in reality. When you say 'enormous' I assume you mean normal ones and not some crazy 50 caliber man portable beast that shouldn't exist.

So I'm low on GMP and selling some stuff... sad that you can't type in how much of something you want to sell using the keyboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:39 pm »

Yes, I do in fact mean normal ones. The primary-weapon kind that you strap to your back. The
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sure is a master.
After you unlock customization you can also silence a weapon as long as you can silence at least one of its type. So you start with all silenced assault rifles, pistols, and soon after sniper rifles.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 12, 2015, 12:53:28 am »

Speaking of that guy, does he appear to have a special skill in the unit management thing? I can't seem to find him even though he should be one of my newest guys.

And yeah, using that method I have a suppressed tranq sniper without even unlocking it. I also have a suppressed LMG so I can go nonlethal and still silently take out comms using the LMG without warning anyone.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 12, 2015, 03:33:01 am »

people are complaining the game doesn't answer questions and/or doesn't provide closure

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 12, 2015, 06:24:29 am »

Basically the entire end of chapter 1 is a mystery to me right now.

But I'm okay with suspense.  I'm sure I'll learn more.

Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 12, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »

...I did. I'd seen way to much of the game before I even considered playing it. :P
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 12, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »

I'm playing it almost 100% blind.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 12, 2015, 12:41:49 pm »

Huh.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 12, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »

Hmm, I was having some trouble with Mission 13. Then I switched on some music and beat it first try.
Hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 124