Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270976 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10380 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:31 am »

Nautilus is awesome and incredible, and he even got nerfed, so. Sejuani... ok, I'll give you Sejuani :D

I want another AD carry but I assume it's hard to make up gimmicks for autoattackers. Draven is pretty fun and really well designed, I just hate his axe-catching thing.
I loove the axe catching! It makes you pretty much a high DPS ranged since you just need to go forth, throw the axe, run scaredy back and repeat :P (Atleast early)

And King, they're planning on reworking the percentage ArPen too so they'll be counted before flat. That way, you might be able to slap their armour away. But yeah, another champ with passive Flat ArPen would be nice.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:53 am »

Abilities for AD carries:
1. AS boost
2. Movement boost
3. Damage boost
4. Shield
5. Stun
6. Lifesteal boost

Frankly I'd like to see more obscure steroids. How about an ArPen boost that scales with either AD or AP? There's so few things that you can get really good ArPen from...an ult that gave you significant ArPen could be scary effective.
I want a crit chance AD carry. Lately I've been always building Infinity Edge, followed by Phantom Dancer on Varus and it's just so much fun dealing crazy auto-attack DPS.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:34 am »

1. AS boost
2. Movement boost
3. Damage boost
4. Shield
5. Stun
6. Lifesteal boost

Frankly I'd like to see more obscure steroids. How about an ArPen boost that scales with either AD or AP? There's so few things that you can get really good ArPen from...an ult that gave you significant ArPen could be scary effective.
I want a crit chance AD carry. Lately I've been always building Infinity Edge, followed by Phantom Dancer on Varus and it's just so much fun dealing crazy auto-attack DPS.
You mean Ashe? :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: November 02, 2012, 09:45:12 am »

1. AS boost
2. Movement boost
3. Damage boost
4. Shield
5. Stun
6. Lifesteal boost

You mean Ashe? :P
No, a true crit AD carry. Ashe is the "slow" CC AD carry and she is also boring and lame and I don't like her.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:35 am »

I really wouldn't hope for a crit AD carry since crit has been detailed numerous times as the weak point of the current damage system and a lot of players actually want it removed, along with Infinity Edge. The arguments most often provided are the multiplicative scaling of attack stats with crit and the subsequent uselessnes of other builds. I'd say remove lifesteal from crits and IE and we're set, but hey, what do I know about balance.

I really can't think of anything interesting to do with an AD carry.  It's a niche role all in all - sustained damage via autoattacks.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:03 am »

Yeah, but at the same time I feel like there are so many champs out there that even though you'd think should be played AD get built AP.

I guess the problem is balance. If you make AD abilities scale off AD, it's ridiculously OP. It's adding damage on top of more damage. Scaling on AP forces what should be an AD character into a hybrid build, and doesn't OP a caster because they live and die by their abilities.

For a good example, look at Xin Zhao's Q. It scales on AD, which makes it ungodly powerful early if you spam a few Doran's Blades.
Miss Fortune's Q scales on AD as well (although I build her hybrid and focus AP first, so I rarely even use Q). By adding an AD item, you're getting double-benefit in that your autoattack increases and your AD-scaled abilities increase. Early on, when armor and health are relatively low all around, you can crush people with an AD scaling AD champ.

I dunno....maybe Riot needs a third statistic beyond Attack Damage and Ability Power. Or more characters that scale off a different stat (like Mundo and Hecarim and Malphite).

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: November 02, 2012, 10:44:03 am »

I'm a little confused about Zed's lore. In Shen's lore his father was tortured to death in front of his eyes by his masters to test Shen's resolve. In Zed's lore Shen's father was the master of his clan and was killed by Zed. Am I missing something or have they just not yet got around to taking a bat to Shen's lore like the did Kat?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:48 am »

They never said Shen's dad was tortured to death.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: November 02, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

Sejuani is probably the worst champion right now. Nautilus is a good...bruiser...
Let me rephrase. Riot doesnt know how to make *balanced* tanks. Naut was more than a good bruiser at release. He was godlike. Look at all of the tanks in the game.
Sejuani- Useless
Mundo- Always a bruiser
Galio- Situational counterpick
Rammus- Walking E
Maokai- Godtier jungler
Amumu- Permabanned
Malphite- Permabanned
Shen- Permabanned
Alistar- Permabanned
Volibear- Always a bruiser

And now the unholy grail, Blitzcrank. I don't even need to say a word.

The only 2 tanks in a reasonable place are Leona and Bait. One was considered useless until she found a niche that's filled by Blitz right now, the other was a monster on release and is only reasonable now because he's a tank version of Vayne.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: November 02, 2012, 11:52:36 am »

They never said Shen's dad was tortured to death.

Just read Shen lore over again, you are correct sir. Had it in my head that the torture was lethal for some reason.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: November 02, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

Psh should just ignore all the lore.

When they re-modelled Soraka they changed her lore and Warwicks but Singed is still old so incompatible.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: November 02, 2012, 02:51:59 pm »

Let me rephrase. Riot doesnt know how to make *balanced* tanks. Naut was more than a good bruiser at release. He was godlike. Look at all of the tanks in the game.
Sejuani- Useless
Mundo- Always a bruiser
Galio- Situational counterpick
Rammus- Walking E
Maokai- Godtier jungler
Amumu- Permabanned
Malphite- Permabanned
Shen- Permabanned
Alistar- Permabanned
Volibear- Always a bruiser

And now the unholy grail, Blitzcrank. I don't even need to say a word.

The only 2 tanks in a reasonable place are Leona and Bait. One was considered useless until she found a niche that's filled by Blitz right now, the other was a monster on release and is only reasonable now because he's a tank version of Vayne.

I'm not sure what you actually want, though. By the driest definition out there LoL has only 3 tanks - Shen, Rammus and Galio, since noone else has a taunt and noone can force players to attack them. If you count initiators that does in no way coincide with tanks - Ashe can be a very good initiator and is most certainly not a tank.

Neither are Mundo and Volibear, both of which are neither initiators nor intended to tank. Sejuani is in a bad place because she has no damage at all, nor survivability boosters. She just has CC, which alone doesn't help. Maokai isn't a god tier jungler and hasn't been for quite some time, though he is decent. Also not sure why you count amumu as permabanned, as I don't recall ever seing an Amumu banned in any of the streams I watch, and Lolking doesn't even have him in the top 10 bans :
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=ranked&type=bans&range=monthly

Galio is a situational counterpick, yes. That's how things are supposed to be, though? If champions are good against all teamcomps they end up banned until nerfed - Jayce and Shen, for example.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but a good deal of the s3 changes will be directed against tanky bruisers and by extension, tanks and everyone stacking defenses. Then there'll be an even bigger gap between tanks and initiators.

Also I have no idea what Bait is  :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: November 02, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »

Also I have no idea what Bait is  :(
Taric, probably, because that's the only one he hasn't mentioned. I have no idea either.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

My definition of tank is someone designed to tank hits, but not do 1 zillion damage trying to get "aggro". This pretty much means cc. However, Mundo at least (Volibear is debatable, but Riot gives him the tank tag, so I threw him in) was designed to be a huge jackass and tank all the damage.
Maokai is definitely still a godtier jungler, and anybody who thinks otherwise is being stupid. Point-and-click ganking (His W. The nearest comparison I can draw is like a low cooldown low damage Noc R) is just that great. It wouldn't make him godlike alone, but his E's usefulness in control over the entire map is undeniable. Mao's R is just godmode. -20% damage..... What can I say?
My bad on Amumu, he was permabanned last season and I was thinking the he still was for some reason. Either way, Mumu has R, and that's all he really needs. I've seen games won with a single well placed R on his part.

Galio's problem is that all of the 'good' tanks can fit onto any team. Unless you have one of a few specific champions that he synergizes really well with, there are always better choices, and you don't build a team around a tank so Galio has a really hard time finding a place to shine.

I really want to see what s3 changes too. Until then, we have a mess of useless tanks and a mess of crazy good tanks.

What I put for bait should've been Naut, fuckin autocorrect.

Ninja: I wouldn't consider Taric a tank especially, at least, not any more than any support gets by the end of the game with pretty much every support item having 300 or so hp each. If any supports were to count, it would be Nunu who might as well have a taunt on his R, and gets naturally tanky.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: November 02, 2012, 04:02:55 pm »

Amumu's R is great in a teamfight, but it's that eye-watering (pun intended) W damage that I live for. Boost that AP through the roof and stick an Abyssal on there?

Come here and let me melt your face with my tears....

It's also awesome for laning early on because you can bleed away a surprising amount of HP from melee champs by strategically keeping the minion waves between you and the enemy. They're trying to shove their way through the crowd to get a hit in on you, and meanwhile you're just dancing around in the crowd and the next thing they know, half their health is gone. I always build W first on Amumu and prioritize mana regen items, building up to an Unholy Grail. Once I've got that, W just stays on permanently.

Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1067