Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270980 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10395 on: November 03, 2012, 01:43:18 am »

Tanks can have a soft taunt through slow damage. Amumu is the epitome of this, and Rammus is also a good example with his ult (and passive to an extent).

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: November 03, 2012, 06:55:33 am »

Amumu's R is great in a teamfight, but it's that eye-watering (pun intended) W damage that I live for. Boost that AP through the roof and stick an Abyssal on there?

Come here and let me melt your face with my tears....

It's also awesome for laning early on because you can bleed away a surprising amount of HP from melee champs by strategically keeping the minion waves between you and the enemy. They're trying to shove their way through the crowd to get a hit in on you, and meanwhile you're just dancing around in the crowd and the next thing they know, half their health is gone. I always build W first on Amumu and prioritize mana regen items, building up to an Unholy Grail. Once I've got that, W just stays on permanently.

See I love Amumu because you can pretty much build him any way you want and he will still be awesome. I don't like W too much because I go Amumu jungle mainly and I prefer the hard burst damage of Q and E to deal tons of damage when ganking and passive damage reduction which is so op, but I don't ignore W, my priority is more like a shallow V so Q E get raised first then W. Also I have changed my build a bit so I start with phil stone then lvl1 boots then I work on getting RoA, that way I don't have to worry about mana too much especially when levelling up so I can jungle longer, harder, faster.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:08 pm »

Could you add me to the list of names? I go as tidalCadence.

Edit: I'm on the NA server.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:49:08 am by Edio »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »

Oh. Huh, never noticed that list before. I'm on NA as Pan Luoyi (primary) or as xYordleKombatx (secondary). The latter is just for trying a self-challenge mode of only using yordle champs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: November 03, 2012, 07:31:27 pm »

Do you... do you heimerding people often? Even... even those you don't know well?*

Seriously though, I've been doing TT with Heimerdinger vs bots a bit, today. I'm trying to conceptualize how a human would do against the guy... I know they'd be more capable, I'm just not sure exactly how that capability would manifest so I can start trying to work counters into my play before slipping more PvP in there. Pretty sure they'd be more careful about dealing with the 'rets, but I'm not sure that's entirely a negative thing. Am wondering what the hell you do with Heim's E, though :-\

There's just... a lot of champs that the treeline pretty massively inflates their usefulness, because everything's smaller. The map's more cramped than dominion, it feels like, but built so there's somewhat less freedom of movement (and, of course, you still have to knock down towers, so you don't have quite as much freedom of objective). It seems to play pretty well with several of the yordles, Heimy and Poppy in particular, of the ones I've played there so far (Them and Ziggs is it, though. I did have a kennen do pretty good besides my Heimerding tidal wave.).
*Pervert~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: November 03, 2012, 07:42:13 pm »

Heimer is at an interesting spot in Twisted... the only time I've seen one he got shut down hard by a Zyra (since her main mechanic shuts down his main early source of damage). Two free wards on a wardless map has its advantages, but I don't think he really fits well, since most of Twisted is bruisers and long ranged AP burst mages.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:21 pm »

Riot has actually used Heimerdinger as an example of what champions bots are especially terrible against.

They aren't programmed to have specific reactions to specific champions, so they do badly against champions with quirks. If you pretend Heimerdinger's turrets don't exist, he will destroy you. Unfortunately if you pay attention to them then he can be shut down pretty easily.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: November 04, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

Ah soon the reset, and soon hundreds of people will be trying hard on ranked. Guessing a lot of people want to get a good ranked team as well for the chance to go pro.

Am wondering what the hell you do with Heim's E, though :-\

From what I see most people who play him do, the answer is fail.

Heim is only good as a support champ because he can't really use his abilities to focus an enemy. Turrets are hard to get to shoot what you want them to and rockets are just w/e is closest, grenade without ulti is slow, he is great as a support though because he practically has free wards so can get gp10 and useful items earlier then opposing support and doing suicide run to get a grenade hit on enemy ad carry can be super effective by doing the blind, stun and hitting with rockets.

Otherwise I would say do AD Heim so you can actually do some damage.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: November 04, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »

If you're playing Heim, do what everyone else is. Wait for the remake.

Or, on the off chance Riot has a fit of stupid Shen-tier, they'll make his E hit turrets again and he's permaban.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:32 pm »

If anyone is watching the MLG Azubu Blaze v CLG.EU game... it's magical :D Blaze is ahead a Baron, 2 dragons and EIGHT towers by 20 minutes. Makes me so happy.

Edit : Oh wow, Azubu Blaze won a 2:1 against Najin Sword at the MLG finals, coming from the loser bracket, and right after that won ANOTHER 2:0 to get first place. Pretty wild stuff, a ton of bizarre laneswaps the entire match up, Maknoon got crushed top 4 out of the 5 games, not that many different champions were picked, but the literal ton of swaps made the games really dynamic. Also I think none or at most a single baron throw the entire matchup, which is sadly kind of rare.

And apparently Blaze.Shy has been playing LoL for only 7 months?!?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:52:42 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: November 05, 2012, 10:14:32 am »

Would you guys say Darius is OP?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: November 05, 2012, 11:15:17 am »

No.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: November 05, 2012, 11:17:37 am »

He's arguably more binary and kiteable than Udyr. If you don't let him get that first hit then he doesn't have anything he needs to be ridiculous. No passive movement speed, long cooldown on his slow, and his ult damage is cut considerably.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: November 05, 2012, 12:00:29 pm »

And have AOE hard crowd control, and have an AOE silence, and have better lane sustain for both mana and HP, and have a ton of passive health.

It's almost like the only similarity they have is a true damage execution move.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:20 pm »

Well, they ARE both meant to be in the thick of it being assholes, but yeah. That's as far as the similarities end.

Another thing is Darius can actually end up starving his team of kills, since the optimal Darius build is tanky with emphasis on survavibility - if you go overboard on damage you are incredibly killable, which means he generally doesn't scale that well with kills.

So what happens if he gets a ton of kills is, he either goes damage and, as said, is extremely kitable and gankable, or goes defensive in which case those kills could've gone on the AD or AP carry.

He's pubstomp territory like Akali, Katarina and to a lesser extent Jax.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1067