Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270982 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10410 on: November 05, 2012, 01:34:05 pm »

Yeah we noticed you'd say that, but it isn't true. Darius' range is much shorter on his pull and its a cone, not a skillshot; Cho has an additional silence, Darius's slow is an ability - W, not a passive. Cho'gath isn't really kiteable since he has a knockup which can help him escape unlike Darius' pull, which is why he is played a lot more often in tournaments than Darius.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: November 05, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »

• Draven is exactly the same as Darius! He has a passive that encourages autoattacking, an AOE interrupt, a slow, a speed boost, an execution ult, a DoT, and an on-next attack ability.
  • Nautilus is exactly the same as Darius! He has an autoattack promoting passive, an autoattack-related DoT, a pull, an AOE interrupt, and a slow.
  • Ziggs is exactly the same as Darius! He has an autoattack damage passive, an AOE push/pull, a Q that deals AoE damage and is powerful for trading in lane, a slow, and an ult that conditionally deals bonus damage.
  • Taric is exactly the same as Darius! He has a passive that benefits from autoattacks, a ranged CC that lets him close the gap, armor shred, and position-based AOE damage.

On-paper similarities are highly misleading.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:58 am »

... on second examination, I completely misinterpreted your point.

Sorry, I'm a little oversensitive about on-paper ability comparisons. There are a ton of people in the community right now that constantly use them as shallow and semantic arguments that Riot isn't being creative. See this reddit post complaining about on-autoattack passives.

Nautilus' and Draven's passives couldn't be further apart, but since they're applied by right clicking then of course they're stale and repetitive. Next up, "Riot, every single champion you've released has had an activateable Q. Release one with a passive on their Q or you're being uncreative."

Sorry for going off on you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:12 am »

Brilliant idea, that last. By why release a new one, when you can rework some old ones? I always thought the veigar's Q could stand to be purely passive! Let's go with that, to start. We can work with other Qs, too!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: November 06, 2012, 10:29:57 am »

Brilliant idea, that last. By why release a new one, when you can rework some old ones? I always thought the veigar's Q could stand to be purely passive! Let's go with that, to start. We can work with other Qs, too!
I guess the reason a lot of Q's are similar instead of spread out on w or e most of the time is because it's easier to get used to new champions if similar skills are on the same key. If that made any sense.

Also, why rework old champions when you can make new ones that people don't already have so they can spend their moneys? (But I do kind of like the fact that they rework some of the old ones slowly but surely).
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: November 06, 2012, 11:05:48 am »

I'm not going to provide links because I'm lazy, but Xypherous and friends have been talking about some of the S3 changes on the forums. Check the Devtracker.

Guardian Angel is getting the stats nerfed and the cost reduced so people stop buying it just for the awesome defensive stats.

Force of Nature is going away and its various pieces are being moved onto other items where they can be more efficient, so I'd expect a defense+MS item and a powerful health regen item.

Those little bits of movement speed on random items are going away, like on Lich Bane. They have the tendency to make champions faster just because they can use Lich Bane while the champions who can't use it don't have options. I'd expect the movement speed to go onto simpler items everyone can pick up if they need it.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:50 am »

Force of Nature is going away and its various pieces are being moved onto other items where they can be more efficient, so I'd expect a defense+MS item and a powerful health regen item.

But my Shen build is Warmogs -> moar Warmogs -> Force of Nature. This is bad news. : <

Also, got my first honor badge! The one for teamwork - not as common as "honorable enemy", yay!
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:01 pm »

Grats Tomas :) The odd thing is I got the badge for honorable opponent, but I have 34 HO tokens and 50+ teamwork - guess the requirements for teamwork are a lot higher. Also noone gives me the Happy token ever :(

Also I finally hit a new low, teamwise. I just got accused of staying in the back and not engaging. A reasonable accusation, if only I wasn't playing a god damn Varus against a team with a Leona and Kha'Zix. The team's explanation was "ad carries work differently on Dominion".

Edit : Noone has seen anything at all, for sure.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:18:11 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:46 pm »

Grats penguin :)
Pssst. I'm not Penguinofhonor. Also, I get the "happy tokens". Because I have a habit of typing stuff like "SHEN IS ALWAYS BRO" when I play Shen and save someone with my ult or "SHEN STYLE" when I manage to have the highest k/d despite playing a tank.

Edit: Also, I have 37 teamwork and 21 HO. It also depends on who gives you honors, so if you play with friends often, and they give you honor, it doesn't mean as much as getting honor from a complete stranger. That may explain a bit, since you usually get HO from random strangers.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:00:50 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

God damn I swear I checked three times and it said "Penguinofhonor" at the top of your post x]

Also yeah, I'm not playing with friends, usually because whenever I do, we all play terribly. I mostly get Teamwork for carrying and Honorable Opponent for chatting in the post-game lobby, since I have allchat off - it saves a lot of nerves.

And I try to be as happy as I can, but people just spam teamwork at me :|

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: November 07, 2012, 12:44:39 am »

I'll accept any congratulations even though I haven't gotten any honor banners yet.

Here's the generic Season 3 changes preview post. I expect a more detailed post on one of the specific subjects in about 14 hours.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: November 07, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

Flash can never be nerfed enough to make people stop using it, unless it can't reach the other side of walls or the timer is greater than 8 minutes. Instead, if they made Ghost better to use or some of the other summoners, there'd be more variety. But, the straight utility of Flash makes it too powerful not to use.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:19 am »

Flash can never be nerfed enough to make people stop using it, unless it can't reach the other side of walls or the timer is greater than 8 minutes. Instead, if they made Ghost better to use or some of the other summoners, there'd be more variety. But, the straight utility of Flash makes it too powerful not to use.
Ghost is very easily countered with CC, unlike Flash. Ghost should either get less cooldown or add some CC resistance like Yi's ultimate (at the cost of a higher cooldown, probably). Though ghost IS a bit more useful at chasing opponents.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: November 07, 2012, 11:14:11 am »

I have a feeling CC reduction on ghost would be too strong on some champions (i.e. Singed, Irelia).

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: November 07, 2012, 11:31:40 am »

I have a feeling CC reduction on ghost would be too strong on some champions (i.e. Singed, Irelia).
Yeah, I thought so too, which is why I mentioned it would probably require a larger cooldown.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1067