Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270768 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10290 on: October 25, 2012, 03:23:11 pm »

I've only played one game on the new TT but so far it seems pretty fun! I hardly played the old TT after Dominion came out because it felt too much like Summoner's Rift lite.

I was playing Lee Sin and had a blast even though my team lost pretty hard. The enemy team had a Hecarim who was just too strong for us to stop.

I really like the pacing of the map, it feels very fast and full of action with several objectives you need to think about. I never got to fight Vilemaw though, but I did catch the enemy team fighting him. He seems very strong  - they were all low from fighting him and I managed to kill one and would have gotten another if I was on the ball.

I'd be up for playing some TT with B12ers later if anyone is interested. I usually play 10pm ish Atlantic time and my username is Slapfish in game.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48:28 pm »

Did they still manage to kill Vilemaw? What does he give your team if you do?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: October 25, 2012, 05:14:10 pm »

Did they still manage to kill Vilemaw? What does he give your team if you do?

They did kill him later in the game. He gives a buff, I didn't catch what it did in game, so I looked at the LoL wiki and it says it gives: This unit's health and mana are regenerating, and this champion has increased attack speed and cooldown reduction.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: October 25, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »

So... you know what's a friggin great skin? GOD DAMN ZOMBIE BRAND. THAT IS ALL.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

On one hand, twisted treeline is kinda' enjoyable, at least with go one at it.

On the other hand, I kinda' continue to suck (Sure, ended up 11/4, but I blame most of that on my team mates).

On the third hand, Teemo seems kinda' enjoyable on TT. Shrooms go everywhere, and blind seems a fun thing to have when the optimum critters seem to be bruisers.

I wish TT had Co-op vs AI :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: October 25, 2012, 09:59:43 pm »

Those super minions always scaled way too hard. RIP eve.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: October 26, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

Wow, this sure was a patch.

First off, Rengar seems ruined. Yes I know I like to overreact, but there's no reason to play him now, for me at least. Either the Q damage nerf or the ult duration nerf were definitely needed, not sure about both at the same time. The ult CD, however, along with how fiddly it suddenly became - no. I got killed at least 5 times after pressing R and nothing happening. And then I had to wait around a forthnight to try again. No thanks.

Impulse-bought Elise after seeing people fail with her a lot, and she's really weird. I had a stupid game, because it was my first. My build was RoA->Abyssal-> Rylai -> FH, I was legendary at some point after being 100% percent useless at the start. Then people suddenly started dropping. The spiderlings are really strong, not sure if they scale on something, though. The E->W->Q-> Spiderform combo is strong, not sure it's what I'm supposed to be doing. It was really weird since I could almost go toe-to-toe with a jax with that combo, and it wasn't an underfed jax. All in all, I felt really weird playing Elise, but god damn if it wasn't fun. Maybe I should look for builds or something, though. Also I levelled whatever I panic-clicked in the braws.

The thing is, you're this ap caster, who however ends up right in the middle of the enemy team, but unlike Nidalle you can't build tanky bruiser... I think. I'll prolly try it at some point. Maybe a Lichbane would be good?

Oh yeah, all of this is Dominion, so bear that in mind.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: October 26, 2012, 10:03:40 am »

I'm getting Headless Hecarim so I have someone to play if I can't autolock Elise fast enough. I was considering Underworld Twisted Fate as well, but I've come to the conclusion that he has better skins. His new ult animation is pretty cool but not that noticeable.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: October 27, 2012, 03:26:10 pm »

You know how I keep saying people should stop playing after the first loss? Well tonight I didn't, because I was mad. And it  turns out while winstreaks are incredibly hard to get beyond 4, a 6-loss streak is so easy it's kind of ridiculous. I got afkers, trolls, retards, got pretty retarded myself, got really, really mad at videogames and I guess what I'm trying to say is, Dominion is packfull of stupid shitheads. God damn this was the most pathetic waste of 2 hours I've ever, ever had.

In other news, Elise can be really good if you rush Rylai, Abyssal and Frozen Heart and don't let your team let you initiate fights. It takes a lot of formswitching, and often the payback feels really meh, but once you get going you get GOING. Start fights in normal form, E-Q-W combo then switch to spider and chomp.

Also for some strange reason switching between forms feels much more natural than Jayce, with whom I suck almost infathomably bad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: October 27, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

I hear this is one reason why "Smurf" accounts are becoming more popular.

Because the level 30 match system is dreadful.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: October 27, 2012, 03:52:41 pm »

There are a couple of reasons smurfts are popular, mainly IMHO:
A) No matter how hard you suck, its hard to suck more then someone who has only played 10 games
B) You don't even have to pretend about teamcomp or being a jungler, and can instalock whoever you want
C) You don't have to get a full rune set with a champion in order to play competitively with it

I don't think that the match system is really that bad, since there are those crappy players out there no matter how you set it up (and even bad people will complain a bunch if they are only with equally terrible people).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: October 27, 2012, 04:02:08 pm »

I've been thinking about making a smurf account, especially since my main is on the NA server and I live in Eastern Europe, but my pc is dreadful anyway so I might as well wait till I get a better one. Would be pretty nice to work with low latency AND good fps.

Also I'm going to play one more game god forgive me.

edit : See this is bullshit. All day, this happens. The whole god damn day. And yes I was whining in the postgame lobby. Sue me.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:32:10 pm by Graven »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: October 27, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »

How... how does that even work? Every single number in that post-game thingy was in your team's favor. More green thingies, more grey thingies, more kills, less deaths, more assists...

Hrm. Though the combined points were in their favor. Not sure how, but...

Still, that seems almost a comedy-of-errors scenario of some sort or another.

Maybe do a comp stop to degauss? Or TT or somethin'.

E: Also... revive is a thing in dominions? I've seen it pretty often speccin' and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:50:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: October 27, 2012, 04:59:23 pm »

I don't know how you can even play Dominion, Graven.  SR is bad, but no one in Dominion has even the faintest clue what the fuck they're doing.
Shoes...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:25 pm »

How... how does that even work? Every single number in that post-game thingy was in your team's favor. More green thingies, more grey thingies, more kills, less deaths, more assists...
The only numbers that matter as far as the game outcome goes are the red zero and the green 89 (the nexus health totals). Dominion is about take-and-hold, so for example, if blue team takes all 5 points at the start of the game, purple team can still win by only taking 3 points as long as they hold them until the end of the game.

Still, that seems almost a comedy-of-errors scenario of some sort or another.
Looks like a typical dominion game to me. There's usually someone with an impressive KDA score on the losing team. The trick is to turn those kills into damage on the enemy nexus. Sometimes players will suicide into the enemy team capping a point, just as a delaying tactic - so even deaths can represent engagements that cost the enemy some nexus health.

Also... revive is a thing in dominions?
Yes, the health and movement speed buffs are quite effective on a smaller map.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1067