Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270730 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10275 on: October 23, 2012, 12:43:36 pm »

Simple question: which are the four "best" 3150 IP champions?
 I have 12k IP saved up, and I've already got most of the 1350s that I want, but none of the more expensive champs (edit: apart from Anivia, I almost forgot). In theory I want to have a diverse roster with several options for each role.
 So far I'm thinking
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:00:15 pm by baruk »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

Kael, that was funny as help.
 I have 12k IP saved up, and I've already got most of the 1350s that I want, but none of the more expensive champs (edit: apart from Anivia, I almost forgot). In theory I want to have a diverse roster with several options for each role.
 So far I'm thinking
What do you like to play?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: October 23, 2012, 01:38:16 pm »

Get Twitch, because DoT is the best.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: October 23, 2012, 02:03:43 pm »

So far I'm thinking

Using my mastery over the internet to remember who the hell were the 3150 champions, here is my personal thoughts on the matter, and I'll even include free Dominion advice since it's all I'm talking about anyway.

SUMMONERS RIFT
SUPPORT :
Sona - for more poke-oriented traditional support
Blitz - for aggressive newfangled "haha screw you" style support
AD CARRY :
Corki - one of the top 3 carries, along with Ezreal and Graves. You don't see anything else in tournaments from US and EU teams, basically.
AP MID:
Karthus : best choice, good ult to get assists and turn tides in general.
Gragas : Also incredible, but his ult can and will save enemies until you master it, which might cause raeg to ensue. Apart from that, he is cool.
Anivia : Good, I guess. I don't like her balls-short range, though.
Mordekaiser : fun, but more viable low-elo where people are still kind of insecure about dealing with him.
Akali/Katarina/LeBlanc - Feast or famine, generally fall behind lategame except katarina, but CC fucks her shit up.
Kassadin: <3 Kass. Used to be banned a lot even though he is kind of difficult to get through the laning phase with, since he's melee. If he gets to lategame, well. Guess the enemies could hypothetically have better luck next game.

TOP:
Olaf : Great top in general, really good at short engages since true damage.
Shen : Incredible ult, safe, mobile, no mana, almost always banned.
Udyr : Enemy top? What enemy top? I'm just here to farm.
Pantheon : go agressive hard on the enemy and hope you win by 20 minutes. It's really not as unlikely as it sounds.
Nidalee : go tanky ad, ignore pure ap builds because you'll end up in catform in the enemy team anyway, might as well survive a bit.
Gangplank : I love the plank, and it seems you can go tanky +goldperfive items, google Bankplank, but I'm not sure he's the most competitive pick, because I almost never see him.

COUNTERCARRY:
Urgot : He starts off as a carry, and transforms lategame into a sort of tanky bruiser-initiator. His range got hit and I don't think they reverted it, so he could be not as good as he once was.

DOMINION :

Kassadin > Blitzcrank > Urgot = Pantheon > Tanky Gangplank > Karma = Lux END OF STORY.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21:15 pm »

Cheers for the suggestions, I find it helps to bounce a few ideas around. I'll probably skip Shen and Karthus for now, I'll devote some time to learning them in season 3 - being super-aware of health bars to allow optimal timing of their ults seems to be the tricky part. I'll probably go for the very safe picks of Corki and Sona, and the unsafe-but-fun Kassadin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: October 23, 2012, 06:26:42 pm »

Gangplank was awesome the few times I played him. Pistoling things all day erry day.

Sadly I was saving up for Leona at the time, so no pirates for me. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: October 23, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

I finally bit the bullet and played my first ranked game. Went for support as every other role was called - wanted a low stress game to start out anyway. Asked Ezrael which support he wanted - as I hadn't pick up Sona yet, I went for his second choice of Soraka. I immediately managed to give away first blood by facechecking purple's brush in bot lane, only to find Diana and Gangplank. Surprisingly I wasn't raged at (the game wasn't too bad in terms of rage overall). The Diana/GP lane had a nice amount of poke, but couldn't match my OP heals. We gradually outfarmed the enemy team until we could win teamfights and push for victory - they surrendered after losing their first inhibitor. I picked up my first ranked kill along the way - on Teemo, naturally.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: October 23, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »

Not Teemo! D:

Also grats.

EDIT: Also just played a game as Morgana. We won, but I could not hit anything with my skillsnare. I felt like commenting on it anytime anyone actually got caught.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:24:48 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »

I find this both quite awesome, and quite relevant for Kael.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »

This will be the only time you hear me say this but...
 :P
Riot pls.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/shadow-isles-patch-notes

I don't even have words to describe this patch. It is absolutely amazing.

-Twisted Treeline is competitive now (Something I've waited a long time for)
-No more Ezreal every game
-Jayce now back on par with other tops
-Rengar nerfed into oblivion, no more zzz teammates fed Rengar gg
-Syndra might actually be usable now
-Tristana buffed a ton (!!!!!!!! I LOVE TRISTANA !!!!!!!!!)
-Trundle getting some help
-No more DFG making every champ ever viable as AP

Did I mention DFG isn't op as hell anymore?

There aren't any changes I don't like in this patch, other than maybe the fact Sona's base hp is low enough as is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10286 on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

Poor Veigar. >_>

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:16 am »

I was looking at all the items and going, OMG all so OP and then I saw it was Twisted Treeline only :(

Still I think I will have fun playing Singed on Twisted Treeline with the new items :D

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:10 am »

I think Veigar won't be affected much. He shouldn't have a huge problem breaking 1000 AP. It was more a nerf like that one LW got so long ago. The item was just so OP on some champions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: October 25, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

The item was OP on every champion. Now it's "get this if you want more burst" instead of "get this if you build AP".
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1067