Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270759 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10320 on: October 28, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »

But people won't get them. You won't get honor just for asking, and you'll probably get reported or tagged by the honor system and get your honor reset to 0 anyways.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10321 on: October 28, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »

And? Your arguing that there are not people on the internet stupid enough to think that asking for honor will get them it rather than reports and such.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: October 28, 2012, 09:35:25 pm »

Advertising helps, though. Reminding everyone that honor exists and requesting some will make some ambivalent people go ahead and do it.

Also, unless they're spamming it I don't think requesting honor violates any rules.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10323 on: October 28, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

I don't really mind people asking me to honor them its just that in the last couple of days the person asking generally is also saying things like they honored us all so honor them and such. If they said something like "don't forget to honor people" or something I might actually honor them just for that but its always a selfish request from my experience.

Also just had a good game with AD Nunu in the jungle though I guess that really comes down to more of a Jungle Nunu then. I only died twice and both times where directly from fail flashes, I have still yet to get that summoner spell even half way down though I keep trying. Edit: Dang it, the newest version of LoL borked LoLReplays ability to record in Spec mode. Atleast I caught it now and am downloading the newest LoLReplay to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:42:48 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:41 am »

Even if it is a selfish request, who cares?  If he's not being a giant raging dick in-game, that's a big improvement regardless of why he does it.  Are you gonna take away the only thing keeping him from ruining your game?
Shoes...

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: October 29, 2012, 06:28:38 am »

Most people on West (In my experience) calls you a noob for kicking their ass... and reports you, atleast they say they have, for no skill because of it. The only times i've gotten Honourable opponent is from people who's either Swedish, or know the refs i'm making.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

I get honorable opponent either when I carry very hard, or when I spend a while in the post-game lobby chatting with people. It works, I don't mind it. What kind of annoys me is people tend to give teamwork again when you carry hard, and that's not what it's for. But that's a petty thing to be annoyed about, and the honor system works very well as a whole. Anyone know how you get a ribbon? Not that I have a chance at one, just curious.

I even had someone honor me for admitting my own mistake, which was interesting. Guess people aren't fond of saying they were wrong, haha.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: October 29, 2012, 10:51:41 am »

You get ribbons for breaking a threshold in the amount you have, its different for everybody.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: October 29, 2012, 01:02:38 pm »

Spoiler: Look at this shit. (click to show/hide)

I hate this game sometimes. I had 9 kills before my first death and was happily kicking all the ass I could find, yet...I hate this game sometimes, have I told you that..?

On a side note, I am yet to see Elise in a game. How is she? Does she follow the trend of "new champs are always OP"? The newer trend of "new champs are UP", maybe?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: October 29, 2012, 01:47:19 pm »

Elise seems under powered to me... or at least unimpressive.

I have gone from 950 ELO to 1060 over the past week. I think what turned things around for me was picking an underused role and really learning it. For me it is support, Sona or Soraka.

I have also tried to make sure I can play any role at least decently, without feeding. I am worst at Jungle but even that I do "okay."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: October 29, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »

im pretty meh about the honour system, but its mainly because no one gives me any :( and thats the worst thing that I feel sad that I get no honour, but I won't beg for it! I still think getting a friend request is a much better sign of honour :D

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: October 29, 2012, 05:25:21 pm »

Nobody get's honour because it's honor. However you may spell it in foreignlandia, Riot is America-based and uses American spellings.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: October 29, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

I'm sorry I heard they spoke English over there, my mistake :P

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:19 am »

Twisted Treeline remake is out, along with a new AI mode for Twisted Treeline.  Now when I say remake.  I mean remake.  The whole map is different now, and comes with unique items that aren't available on other maps.  You guys got to try this.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: October 30, 2012, 04:46:16 am »

Elise seems under powered to me... or at least unimpressive.

I have gone from 950 ELO to 1060 over the past week. I think what turned things around for me was picking an underused role and really learning it. For me it is support, Sona or Soraka.

I have also tried to make sure I can play any role at least decently, without feeding. I am worst at Jungle but even that I do "okay."

Elise could be at a bit stronger spot, but once you get the hang of her, hoo boy does she give a good look at the potential. A few number tweaks here and there and she'll be golden. Mainly cooldown reduction, since a lot of her skills (Q in spider form, W in both) seem to be a bit lengthy compared to similar champions, and possibly some minor changes to her W in spider form to make the healing worth anything at lower levels if they expect her to jungle.

For human form, she has a good early game poke with her Q (which has a very low base cooldown), a good amount of initial damage and scaling with her W (with some interesting things you can do if the enemy decides that hiding behind creeps is a good thing to do), and a pretty good skillshot 1.5 second stun. Travel time could be a bit faster on that, though.

Spider form Q is a somewhat boring execute, with the inability to leap over walls, though it is funny watching the spiderlings rush at the target like cracked up zerglings after hitting your W. Her E though, dear god is it amazing for running away or acting as a gap closer. Since it turns you invulnerable to further things launched at you (you can still die if you're ignited at low health, though), you can use it to avoid any number of skills, at least until the 2 seconds is up and she goes back down. It's a Fizz Playful/Trickster, with a bit longer cooldown, but better overall. I've spent quite a few games getting chased by half (or all) of an enemy team in spider form, across the entire map, due to this beautiful bastard of a skill.

She is just a high skill cap champion, with a lot of options for what she could be doing at any given time. Her main weaknesses are being squishy even with the bonuses spider form gives, and a lack of slow without items with the movement speed on her ultimate not scaling past 10 and feeling a bit underwhelming after the spotlight advertising it as being her ability to get to lane or jungle faster. Rylais is extremely good on her due to Q in both forms affecting the full slow, I recommend it as a core. The spiderlings feel a bit slow to pop out after hitting R, and her W seems to have a minor lock on it when using Q on targets, but fixing those would just be minor quality of life improvements, akin to what Syndra received in this recent patch. Her gank potential is somewhat low compared to other jungles, because if you lead with spider form you end up likely having to use your gap closer just to catch up, with red buff being a must in most cases, and if you lead in human form then you end up that tiny bit slower and squishier, hoping that creeps aren't surrounding your target so you can E them to stun.

Twisted Treeline remake is out, along with a new AI mode for Twisted Treeline.  Now when I say remake.  I mean remake.  The whole map is different now, and comes with unique items that aren't available on other maps.  You guys got to try this.

I wish those items were available on all the maps. At least the sexy Madreds equivalent, and the Heart of Gold/Brutalizer combo.

The Madreds equivalent is a bit less sexy when I realized the entire map looks like a giant Maxi pad, though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:48:00 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1067