Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271202 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9150 on: July 24, 2012, 03:01:26 pm »

Well played a game as Eve she worse the she was.. her invis it **** the range is way to big the old her was better I thought she play like riki from dota I liked to play as her but now not so much.

She does tons more damage now and most people don't have the response time to make the invis loss actually matter if they're just farming. Every time I've played the new Eve I've done way better then pre-remake Eve.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: July 24, 2012, 03:59:44 pm »

I've been playing Mundo a bit too, mostly jungling. It's hilarious until someone comes with the ignite, then party's over...  >:(
I've been using masochism a lot more than the cleavers though. Felt like the better choice when I had to get burning agony anyway to jungle and you have to get pretty close up with it later.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: July 24, 2012, 05:07:28 pm »

I love Mundo, but I've mostly stopped playing him.  The whole problem is he relies so heavily on his health regen, but there are too many healing debuffs in the game.  Almost every team has at least 3 ignites and the chance is pretty high that one of the enemy champions will also have their own healing debuff ability (Katarina, Miss Fortune, Tristana, etc).  These things don't make Mundo worthless, necessarily, but they very severely stunt his ability to participate in team fights.  The only thing that makes Mundo special is his heal baiting and going where he pleases, but it's way too likely for those capabilities to be denied.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: July 24, 2012, 05:44:02 pm »

In the words of Siv HD you need the 'Mundo is going to fuck you up bad with this item - item" a.k.a. Quick Silver Sash

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: July 24, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »

In the words of Siv HD you need the 'Mundo is going to fuck you up bad with this item - item" a.k.a. Quick Silver Sash

While I'm not inflexible about builds (in fact, Warmogs is the only item I see as required on Mundo), I'm not a fan of being forced to buy an inferior item to mitigate a design flaw.  It's a decent amount of magic resist, but still not as much as other major magic resist items and completely lacks any other benefit besides preventing you from being completely shut down.  So you may not be completely shut down, but your effectiveness is still reduced overall vs other champions who don't have such drastic weaknesses to make up for.  It would make more sense to simply play a character who is less likely to require use of a subpar item.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: July 24, 2012, 06:27:55 pm »

Well played a game as Eve she worse the she was.. her invis it **** the range is way to big the old her was better I thought she play like riki from dota I liked to play as her but now not so much.

She does tons more damage now and most people don't have the response time to make the invis loss actually matter if they're just farming. Every time I've played the new Eve I've done way better then pre-remake Eve.
Well it was me and olaf vs a xin and monkey so that didn't help next time I play I'll just be Taric.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: July 24, 2012, 06:35:06 pm »

It would make more sense to simply play a character who is less likely to require use of a subpar item.
So, uh. Who does what Mundo does without that? I think what I primarily enjoy is the ability to just keep the harass/CC coming, mixed with decent farming and enough of a tank/sustain I don't just dissolve when someone looks at me. Mundo gets a little silly when the tank part snowballs, but while that's amusing I've generally been enjoying the moments when I'm being a terrible bully (No, Soraka, you may not sustain your lane. Cleavers say "Away!"), so to speak, more than when I've been facerolling their entire team in a 4v1 (leaving half them dead, the other half running, and me, admittedly, laughing my arse off with half my health left.).

Still haven't played LoL enough to really have an encyclopedic knowledge of who does what, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: July 24, 2012, 07:20:34 pm »

While I'm not inflexible about builds (in fact, Warmogs is the only item I see as required on Mundo), I'm not a fan of being forced to buy an inferior item to mitigate a design flaw.  It's a decent amount of magic resist, but still not as much as other major magic resist items and completely lacks any other benefit besides preventing you from being completely shut down.  So you may not be completely shut down, but your effectiveness is still reduced overall vs other champions who don't have such drastic weaknesses to make up for.  It would make more sense to simply play a character who is less likely to require use of a subpar item.

Compared to FON you lose 28 MR the 40 HP regen and the 1.75 of max health per five and the move speed. I consider the 30% of your max health in regen you get back to be more then worth that loss. This is like saying that having to build defense on a carry makes them useless because armour and MR are subpar. Everyone has weaknesses, and the fact that mundo can buy one single item to completely remove his is actually really awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: July 24, 2012, 07:40:19 pm »

I'll just... keep playing mundo for a bit, I think. 4v5 in their favor just went 44/17 in ours, 12/2/12 for me. That said, only one of them (ashe) had ignite, though trist was on their team, too (didn't seem to do much vs. mundo, this time). For the time being, I think I'll just roll with mundo and keep an eye on the enemy summoner spells, build sash when more than one of them have ignite :P

I'm digging shield-> sorc boots -> warmog -> Zeke's herald -> FoN (swap with sash if many ignites/healing reducers), though. Have rylai and guise queued up for after that, but haven't managed to get that far yet :P

I seem to be building sort of... what is the term, offtank/support? Something like that? I really like how it's ending out, so far, though I've been facerolling more than my actual intent (and that 4v5 game had a number of not-exactly intentional killsteals. My burning need to throw more cleavers does that sometimes...). Need more attempts, to see how a losing game plays out, and some where ignite/healing reduction is more ubiquitous.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:41:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:10 pm »

Compared to FON you lose 28 MR the 40 HP regen and the 1.75 of max health per five and the move speed. I consider the 30% of your max health in regen you get back to be more then worth that loss. This is like saying that having to build defense on a carry makes them useless because armour and MR are subpar. Everyone has weaknesses, and the fact that mundo can buy one single item to completely remove his is actually really awesome.

A carry doesn't need much defense, and it's built into the items that they commonly buy anyway.  There are also plenty of other tanky dps characters who may be less on the tanky side and more on the dps side than Mundo, but are still more free to focus on more optimal items and have a better chance of playing to their full potential. 

The comparison to FoN is kinda ridiculous.  That is a ton of stuff you're losing, especially the health regen scaled with HP that synergizes with Mundo's innate strengths better than any other item in the game.  Being forced to buy an MR item besides FoN is devastating, in my opinion.

And it doesn't even completely remove his weakness.  A champion ability debuff will get applied multiple times, in which case the sash is almost worthless.  Most teams I play against will also be coordinated enough to use their almost-certain multiple ignites sequentially -- one before and one after you active your sash.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: July 24, 2012, 08:16:29 pm »

Wait, people are burning multiple ignites just to try and kill Mundo? Great, that means less ignites are available to be used on the damage dealers..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:19:12 pm by baruk »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: July 24, 2012, 08:34:54 pm »

Wait, people are burning multiple ignites just to try and kill Mundo? Great, that means less ignites are available to be used on the damage dealers..

I mentioned specifically in team fights.  By the time team fights are happening, ignite generally doesn't mean much to anybody but Mundo.  A damage dealer will steal that puny amount back in one or two hits, while Mundo is effectively denied thousands of HP.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

... thousands? Doesn't ignite only last five seconds, i.e. one full HP tick or whatever that is? Stagger'd definitely be pretty nasty, but half regen seems... still pretty decent, with Mundo level regen? I'unno, maybe on a raw tank mundo (which I guess is all that's played at higher skill levels, or something?) it would make a hell of a difference*, but Mundo seems more useful when you're putting a bit of emphasis on CC (i.e. cleavers via some CDR and mpen) and support. I actually kinda' like using the spinnies to soften up a wave for whoever's in lane, while I'm passing by to gank somewhere else or whatever.

Definitely just had a more even game, went 7/3/11 -- three of the other guys had ignite, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they were actually using them on me. Damage output is staying a pretty consistent 4-5x magic to physical, which made one of the fellow's comments in the chat that our team had no AP kinda' amusing :P We didn't, actually -- was me, vayne, ashe, malphite, gangplank(... actually, can't the latter two run AP?) vs nunu, annie, vayne, jayce, noct -- but that didn't mean no one was hurling out magic damage.

*Well... a difference. What kind of HP/5 does a pure tank mundo get? Two, three hundred? Half of that is still pretty significant, innit? I've been ending up around +100-120 on the health bar, whatever that translates into, with basically just a single warmogs. Keeps me in the cleavers.
Ask not!
Ask!

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: July 24, 2012, 09:03:30 pm »

Ignite's 410 true damage (at level 18) is not to be sniffed at. Is it better used on the Warmog stacking Mundo, or the glass cannon AD carry trying to live through the fight with lifesteal?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:42 pm »

I regenerate 6 hp/sec with my current set of Mundo masteries/runes at level 1.  I used 9/21/0 masteries and a full set of %health/level runes.

What I actually build is very, very highly dependent on the enemy team.  I'm very flexible.  I always build a lot of health.  At the very least, a Warmogs and Frozen Mallet (sometimes a Rylai's), and usually an Atma's.  It all depends on my ability to match the enemy team's damage output.  Against really high AP, you just need to survive the burst and you win.  Against really high AD, I stack shitloads of health with a Thornmail, and then I can sustain through the damage long enough that your fully built Yi, Trynd, etc will almost kill themselves.

The other most important thing on Mundo besides health is movement speed.  Screw merc treads.  You're Mundo.  You can live through whatever CC and burst gets dropped on you, and then outrun damn near anything when it's over, whether it's for vengeance or escape.  With your ult and setting-yourself-on-fucking-fire (I also take ghost), you can even escape all but the stickiest of sticky characters.  This is why I favor Force of Nature so very much, and I usually get a Phantom Dancer, unless I'm forced to build super tanky. 

You have to remember that you're essentially a melee character with no hard cc or rapid distance closers -- stuff that almost everyone else has.  You have to be super fast and tough to make up for it.  Cleavers are great perma-slow if you can land them consecutively, but most people will have flash or some kind of dash/jump/whatever ability to ensure that the next cleaver never lands and they can get away.  You have to make up the difference in raw speed.

Ignite's 410 true damage (at level 18) is not to be sniffed at. Is it better used on the Warmog stacking Mundo, or the glass cannon AD carry trying to live through the fight with lifesteal?

Yeah... at level 18, most glass ad cannons will be lifestealing at least 3x the rate the that ignite is dealing them damage.  Have you never seen one of them refill their entire health bar with 3 attacks?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:24:45 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1067