Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271195 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9180 on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:11 am »

I don't know what level you're playing at, but Trynd and Yi actually get shut down pretty regularly where I am.  Yi gets bursted and Trynd gets kited.  They both need a lot of support to get fed and really do their thing in a team fight, if they're playing against a team that knows how to handle them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:53 am »

I don't know what level you're playing at, but Trynd and Yi actually get shut down pretty regularly where I am.  Yi gets bursted and Trynd gets kited.  They both need a lot of support to get fed and really do their thing in a team fight, if they're playing against a team that knows how to handle them.
Yi starts with 100ad when I play him, and Trynd is too fast and critty to get kited. Yi bursts more than mages at level one with his dual strike, and Trynd has that 40%crit chance so he just needs to dash in at level 1 and burst them. The weakness of both of these champs are slow and heavy CC. The only one of my friends that are decent pick Nautilus in the cases I Pick any of these champs.

Edit: it's easier to shut down Darius IMO.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:48:40 am by Exerosp »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: July 25, 2012, 04:38:46 am »

Kassadin has a somewhat steep learning curve, since he just doesn't spam his abilities like Veigar.
...Really? Huh, guess I did something wrong when I got 24/4/12 with him by ulting to the enemy, doing Q-E-R, if he's still alive, W and melee.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: July 25, 2012, 04:41:18 am »

...Really? Huh, guess I did something wrong when I got 24/4/12 with him by ulting to the enemy, doing Q-E-R, if he's still alive, W and melee.
I must admit that it's because i've tried to Mid with him, and that I haven't tried him since before Athene's.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: July 25, 2012, 05:12:46 am »

Yi starts with 100ad when I play him, and Trynd is too fast and critty to get kited. Yi bursts more than mages at level one with his dual strike, and Trynd has that 40%crit chance so he just needs to dash in at level 1 and burst them. The weakness of both of these champs are slow and heavy CC. The only one of my friends that are decent pick Nautilus in the cases I Pick any of these champs.

Edit: it's easier to shut down Darius IMO.

AP Yi is a bitch.  He seriously pisses me off.  AD Yi just goes squish, though, unless he's very careful about running in after all the powerful stuff has already been used up.  He's basically the ultimate mop-up man.  You get caught without some major trump card to drop on him, and you're screwed.

Trynd... well... he's still really dangerous and will easily decide the game if you give him a chance... but most people have some way of being able to burst or wear him down, keep a safe distance while he goes invincible, and then close again for the finish.  With Mundo, for instance, I can cleaver him in the face whenever he spins towards me and he'll come out of it slowed, hit him in the face once while he wastes his slow, and casually walk away.  When I think it's safe to try and kill him, I can pretty easily knock him down until he uses his ultimate, disengage while he's invincible, and then go back in for the kill if possible.  If not, he's still worthless until he gets his ultimate back.  Or I can play Teemo and just blind him.  He'll pop his ultimate and try to run before the blind is even over, and the poison will not quite kill him.  Then he just has to not run into the forest of mushrooms I've planted along all his retreats.  You just always have to be mindful when he's around, and always keep a distance and some form of CC handy that prevents him from sticking to you.

And yeah... I think Kassadin is one of the more difficult champions to pick up and play.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:14:45 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9185 on: July 25, 2012, 05:28:10 am »

Yi and Trynd are quite easy, but they're AD champs. They're low strentgh early on, but late game all they need to do is right click once and then maybe use an ability or two to win. Mages aren't easy in the same way, since all need to use abilities. I'd say the easiest mages are the ones who can both deal high damage, and escape easily, such as LeBlanc and Ahri. LeBlanc is probably one of the easiest mages, you can have up to 2 blinks, up to 2 silences, and up to 2 slows/snares. That is some super easy escaping, especially when combined with flash. Ahri has Charm and 3 fucking blinks, it isn't a challenge to escape as her either.

The ones with no real escapes are actually harder to play I'd say, if your Flash is down. Sure Veigar can just spam his skills, but he actually works like an AD carry: He needs farm. It isn't gold farm, but AP farming with his Q, so when the other mages can gank and get their wealth off of kills, Veigar needs to sit in lane and last hit with Q all the time, always when he can. Good Veigar has near 100 AP at 20:00 min from that only, which can help a lot. If Philosopher's Stones could still be stacked, I'd say 3 of them would actually make Veigar super good if let to farm with no resistance.
Annie is easy to play too, though, because all of her abilities can stun. Veigar needs to rely on a long cooldown stun which can be escaped if you have a blink, all Annie needs to do is BAM TIBBERS IN YO FACE and if the chaser is low enough, maybe cast the two other spells.

This is also why someone such as Karthus can be extremely hard to play even though "he can just press R". Those Lay Wastes need aim, and if you can't do that, you do awful. Karthus is actually a ranged carry, he just doesn't stack AD like others do, and he doesn't just right click on the target like they normally do. Karthus has to fucking aim all of his shots, make sure Lay waste hits either only one enemy, or all the possible enemies at the same time.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: July 25, 2012, 06:32:59 am »

Yi is slow? Since when? What about his targeted blink on Q and his insane R?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:06 am »

I leave you people for 3 days and you go crazy. ::) Mundo is not shut down by ignite. It takes 4 ignites to completely stop his ultimate, and then you've still got about 10k effective up to burn through.
The easiest mages to pick up are Annie and Ryze. (Hard to hit) skillshots and the hardest part of mages to learn.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57:26 am »

Yi is slow? Since when? What about his targeted blink on Q and his insane R?
Meant that their weakness is getting slowed.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: July 25, 2012, 06:58:40 am »

I leave you people for 3 days and you go crazy. ::) Mundo is not shut down by ignite. It takes 4 ignites to completely stop his ultimate, and then you've still got about 10k effective up to burn through.
The easiest mages to pick up are Annie and Ryze. (Hard to hit) skillshots and the hardest part of mages to learn.

Ryze carries games easily from like level 10-25. From that period of time, I had Ryze mid as my main and I just chewed through everything.

For Yi and Tryndamere, I would prefer Jax over either of them nowadays, although I acknowledge the utter ridiculousness of AP Yi. I mean, REALLY, it's like a Brand ultimate... that scales on a 1.0 AP ratio and can be refreshed, with a bit of luck. I know I'm probably comparing two very dissimilar champions, but AP Yi... is just...ugh! Unkillable in lane and anywhere else. The prevalence of AP Yi right now is why I absolutely will not use a jungler who does not have one form of hard CC. AP Yi is that much of a problem.
Also often called Boowells.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: July 25, 2012, 07:20:33 am »

Ignites do not stack, and if his healing is reduced, how does he have so much effective HP? Especially considering he should only be using his ultimate when he has taken heavy damage in the first place.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:31 am »

Ignites do not stack, and if his healing is reduced, how does he have so much effective HP? Especially considering he should only be using his ultimate when he has taken heavy damage in the first place.
He meant that the duration of Mundos ulti would need 4 ignites to completely negate that duration.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:21 am »

He meant that the duration of Mundos ulti would need 4 ignites to completely negate that duration.

This isn't usually the problem, though.  As has been mentioned before.  You don't use your ultimate until you're already low on life.  At that moment, you're most likely depending on that healing to sustain you through the fight.  You can heal faster than most people can damage you.  If you've built all defense items, you can even survive a full team focus for a few seconds.  Until you're ignited.  Then all of a sudden you go squish.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:34 am »

I dare to claim that any champ that can only deliver his main damage at melee range has a outragously hard time in high ranked / elo play.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: July 25, 2012, 09:57:23 am »

clg.eu vs lgim is on at the moment, pretty good match so far:
http://www.twitch.tv/azubuogn/popout
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1067