Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270543 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Boy, it sure is fun when the enemy tank picks an early oracle, but because of naturall tankiness, items, runes and masteries, you can't do jackshit to them. If you wanna get rid of the oracle, that means you have to focus the tank. How ridiculous is that. Pay 400 gold early/mid game, destroy a dozen wards with no problem.
Are you complaining about killing someone who devoted 400 gold to Oracle's?

Lol.

You're so right. I've never been able to kill a tank.  ::)

You're taking 400 gold of money that could be spent on tank items and making yourself a target. Kinda the point of a tank. Besides, they aren't unkillable. And you don't have to focus the tank. You can still leave the tank for last. That Oracle's isn't making them stronger...

lol. I swear, people complain about the dumbest garbage.
Have a Nasus or something farm top for a while. When he decides to leave the lane fully fed from minions, he'll get oracles. Now, do you really want to leave this Nasus completely alone, last to kill? Cause if you do, his Q will rape your ass. If you do focus him first, your team probably dies because Vayne/Kog'Maw/any carry will be ignored, all because that oracle needs to be taken down. And buying the oracle isn't all that expensive if you have to do it only once or twice, a few minion waves only. Really often in the games today the guy holding the magic eye isn't a no-dmg tank like Blitzcrank, it is more often some bruiser that fucks you up because you ignore him.

Maybe it might seem dumb for you that I complain. Maybe you just haven't played against enemies that can actually keep the oracle wearer alive. And last time I checked, bots don't buy oracles either.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Boy, it sure is fun when the enemy tank picks an early oracle, but because of naturall tankiness, items, runes and masteries, you can't do jackshit to them. If you wanna get rid of the oracle, that means you have to focus the tank. How ridiculous is that. Pay 400 gold early/mid game, destroy a dozen wards with no problem.
Are you complaining about killing someone who devoted 400 gold to Oracle's?

Lol.

You're so right. I've never been able to kill a tank.  ::)

You're taking 400 gold of money that could be spent on tank items and making yourself a target. Kinda the point of a tank. Besides, they aren't unkillable. And you don't have to focus the tank. You can still leave the tank for last. That Oracle's isn't making them stronger...

lol. I swear, people complain about the dumbest garbage.
Have a Nasus or something farm top for a while. When he decides to leave the lane fully fed from minions, he'll get oracles. Now, do you really want to leave this Nasus completely alone, last to kill? Cause if you do, his Q will rape your ass. If you do focus him first, your team probably dies because Vayne/Kog'Maw/any carry will be ignored, all because that oracle needs to be taken down. And buying the oracle isn't all that expensive if you have to do it only once or twice, a few minion waves only. Really often in the games today the guy holding the magic eye isn't a no-dmg tank like Blitzcrank, it is more often some bruiser that fucks you up because you ignore him.

Maybe it might seem dumb for you that I complain. Maybe you just haven't played against enemies that can actually keep the oracle wearer alive. And last time I checked, bots don't buy oracles either.
Question: Why did you leave him top to farm by himself?

That's your fault. Not his. Him buying Oracle's doesn't make him stronger. It doesn't keep him alive longer. Fact is, you're going to lose to him anyway, because your top screwed up.

I still wouldn't focus him. Why? Because why would him having an Oracle's make me focus him? It doesn't help me. It doesn't help my team. There's no reason to do that. The Oracle's doesn't need to be taken down. Nasus needs to be taken down.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Oracles is 400 gold. That's... A mana crystal. It's nothing.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

The point is, oracles in it's current form completely shuts down guys like Twitch and Evelynn, it completely destroys the plans for those who like to ward the map, it turns Teemo's ult into extra gold, and so on. 400 gold to make a champion lose it's edge. 400 gold. Thats way too cheap. Only thing which make Evelynn and Twitch stand out, is their ability to stay stealthed. Oracles fuck this up big time, and the nerf to it will make it actually plausible to play as these champs. No longer 400 gold to turn the game into 4 vs 5.

And if someone touch - especially if they have CC - is in the control of the oracle, your Eve/Twitch can't go near them without getting torn to pieces. Shaco's ganks become as effective as ganks made by lvl 3 Soraka. If the enemy bot support gets oracles, they now have absolutely complete control over dragon and the whole bot river, unless your support also buys oracles.

Nerfing it to last only 2 minutes will be good. It can be bought to check all areas Dragon/Baron before attempting to kill it, since wards will most likely become more common if Oracles get nerfed. It can be bought if you know you need it in a teamfight with a stealther. When you could buy only one oracle every 7 minutes, people learn to ward & counter ward better. If the enemy Twitch/Shaco gets fed, you don't need to keep burning 400 gold over and over and over again to counter them: Forcing people to learn warding will mean that they won't be dependant on oracles when against stealth. Currently it is the only way to shut stealth champs down effectively, but it is doing that a bit too well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

If oracles only lasted 2 minutes, it'd be a way better choice to just buy 3 pink wards (which costs less and lasts longer).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Oracles is too strong, and I like the change, but as a jungler I'm appalled at this. Why? Wards are going to be way too strong.

Riot hasn't liked oracles for a while. It's a huge drain on supports' gold and it leads to a decent amount of interactivity with warding and counterwarding, but the end result is just a drain on both teams' gold as wards get destroyed and replaced. In addition, it creates snowballing in map control where the winning team's support/jungler just never dies and the losing team basically can't ward anymore.

Those problems are all solved by the change. But the change also ruins the one upside oracle's had: when wards are killed, ganks happen. And ganks are fun. Ganking is going to be harder now, and if I spend gold on oracle's then I'm going to need to kill some wards in that two minutes or waste my gold.

Also I don't like how your teammates can screw you over for 7 minutes if they use it dumbly.

The best solution, I think (and this is the part of this post I'm least sure about, so take it with a grain of salt), would be to buff pink wards. Then oracles isn't needed as much and it's less of a big deal and more of a neat tool you can use when pink wards don't cut it.

---

And then I looked at the source again. This was dismissed as fake like a week ago.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oracles is too strong, and I like the change, but as a jungler I'm appalled at this. Why? Wards are going to be way too strong.

Riot hasn't liked oracles for a while. It's a huge drain on supports' gold and it leads to a decent amount of interactivity with warding and counterwarding, but the end result is just a drain on both teams' gold as wards get destroyed and replaced. In addition, it creates snowballing in map control where the winning team's support/jungler just never dies and the losing team basically can't ward anymore.

Those problems are all solved by the change. But the change also ruins the one upside oracle's had: when wards are killed, ganks happen. And ganks are fun. Ganking is going to be harder now, and if I spend gold on oracle's then I'm going to need to kill some wards in that two minutes or waste my gold.

Also I don't like how your teammates can screw you over for 7 minutes if they use it dumbly.

The best solution, I think (and this is the part of this post I'm least sure about, so take it with a grain of salt), would be to buff pink wards. Then oracles isn't needed as much and it's less of a big deal and more of a neat tool you can use when pink wards don't cut it.

---

And then I looked at the source again. This was dismissed as fake like a week ago.
Hmm. Was it? I only briefly looked it over.

What a relief.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Basically RiotNasus got fired, so someone put out this text document of potential changes with something like "RiotNasus: Now don't tell anyone about this" at the beginning. Just someone taking advantage of a controversy to give their hoax a little more legitimacy.

[condescension]Of course, I wouldn't expect LeagueCraft to actually check whether their sources were legitimate.[/condescension]

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

See, you could buy an oracles, or you could upgrade 8 wards to pink and have continuous vision over an area and also check it for wards. I fail to see an issue.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Penguin, no - if you check the Riot posters' in the Something Awful thread, basically RiotNasus changed his Twitter, and someone grabbed his old one's name to post bullshit. I believe this entire leak was confirmed bullshit as well, but I do know the oracles' change is for sure, because there has never been a "per team" item in LoL, and riot posters have repeatedly claimed any counters to stealth remain and stealth itself is getting nerfed at some point.

Also god damn Riot just give up on this patch please.

edit : also noone told me if i can switch servers with my current account, or do I have to make another :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I'm fairly sure you can't switch accounts between servers. Would be too much work for Riot that they can't profit from.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I was there during the leak. The "item leaks" were from before Nasus switched his twitter. He called them fake.

After he switched, someone took his name and said "No stealth rework until mid December." That's the one you're thinking of.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And so, today, June 22nd, marks the day of the Yorick Patch. The day where Riot stripped Eve of her stun, and took off half of her ult healing. The day Eve died.

It's been a year.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And so, today, June 22nd, marks the day of the Yorick Patch. The day where Riot stripped Eve of her stun, and took off half of her ult healing. The day Eve died.

It's been a year.
Meh. 2/10 would not play.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Queue time:

1 hour 41 minutes.

What.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1067