Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270532 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Web, for the bit about his "full burst", I've seen somewhere say his ideal combo is something like QWQEQRQWQ. I've almost considered getting rylais just to see that work.
True, but I mean the get-in-get-out approach, which he'd have to do.

Cooldowns (40%):
Q - 2.1
W - 8.4
E - 8.4
R - 30

Your combo is the sustained solofight, and while I don't quite agree with that one, it does work a bit. I'd use QRWQEQ.

Your combo would be better if you started with R earlier though.

QW(1.1)QR(1.1)QE(1.1)QW(1.1)Q

This takes about 4.4 + 2 seconds for casting time and everything.

This combo needs requirements that don't happen often. To do this, you have to be running with your target(s). If you know where they are and where they're going, then you could do it, but more than likely this combo will never happen.

I prefer the QERQW (or QERWQ) combo, since I get to hit the two delayed spells (Q and E) into the enemy team. These won't hit initially. Hitting R before they hit allows the AoE to damage the team. You can then use your instant spell to hit whoever and a Q for more AoE.

And yeah, I wouldn't do Rylai's either. The slow just isn't worth it unless you really need some slows on the other team, but you don't really have an item that could be exchanged for it (unless you want to drop the RoA or WotA, but those items would probably be better). Or maybe you just need a lot of health.

Thing is, Ryze can bind people for almost 2 seconds. That's usually enough to smash a WQEAQ into him. That does your burst just fine, without the long wait. If you're chaincasting like that, you better be against one person. Most people aren't willing to stand and let you chaincast like that either.

Maybe I'm just spoiled because I smartcast, so I don't like waiting, but I don't think I'd use your chain.

Also, Ryze naturally counters Lee Sin.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted ryze to work, so badly, I had full mana per lvl runes (stupid, but i got a little addicted to karthus with 5 archangles and a rabadons one shoting everything -> stoped working at lvl 30-ish).

Build tanky or die, the amount of gap closers these days just screws you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Karthus is one of the few I'd seriously consider a glass cannon build on, actually. That passive man.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, question that probably doesn't have an answer: has anyone played Karma on PBE recently and noticed a larger range on her Q and maybe a little more base damage? I feel like I was doing much, much better (both in survivability and damage) than I was when I last played her. Then again, it could just be that I haven't played her in a long time and I've never played her in ARAM before this.

Also, for some actual content, possible Jayce ability leaks: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/vddt4/potential_leak_for_jayces_abilities/
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted ryze to work, so badly, I had full mana per lvl runes (stupid, but i got a little addicted to karthus with 5 archangles and a rabadons one shoting everything -> stoped working at lvl 30-ish).

Build tanky or die, the amount of gap closers these days just screws you.
Ryze can work really well. You just need to get used to how he works, and build him tanky. He is not the squishy type. He's the tanky dps type. In mage form!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

So Jayce might be a mixed melee/ranged champion? That seems sweet, I loved the amazon in D2 exactly because of that.

In other news, is it possible to transfer an account from the US to EU? I'm not complaining, and I have a ton of fun playing Dominion on the US, but my latency is kind of high, and if I make a smurf I lose all my champions bought, runes and stuff.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

From my reading of the Chinese, he's going to be a "stance" character like Nidalee, with two sets of powers (Mercury Hammer / Mercury Gun)

Passive looks like a chargeable that gives a MS buff, with some "gate" mechanism to make it an area friendly speed buff. At full charge, it grants an additional AS buff that goes away after a certain number of attacks.

Mercury Hammer stance boosts armor and magic resistance. Presumably, Mercury Hammer trades those for the ability to do ranged attacks.

Lightning Field ability has an active/passive component. Passive converts attacks to mana (not clear if it's incoming attacks or outgoing attacks). Active is an AoE attack with DoT component.

The "gate" thing is a bit confusing, but yeah...looks like it's deployable onto the battlefield and then allies can run through it to get a speed buff. Interesting idea.

Thunderclap -- does damage based on max HP, knockback

Sky Leap -- jumps to target area, does damage + slow. Sounds a lot like Pantheon's ult.

Remains to be seen if it's legit or not, but if it is, it's nice to see some original ideas for powers. Sounds like he may have multiple passives (speed buff/gate speed buff/AS buff) and charge it both over time and by shifting between melee and ranged. All in all, sounds like a pretty kickass champ BUT also sounds like he'll have a steep learning curve.

Given this, I'd guess Mercury Hammer/Gun transform is Q, Lightning Field is W (those active/passive things almost always seem to be W), Thunderclap is E and Sky Leap is ult. That, or Thunderclap and Sky Leap are both ults (depending on form), and E is that speed gate thing? It's not clear how that would be deployable as part of a passive.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:09:49 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some updates to Eleisa's Miracle, buff to wards, and a hardcore nerf to Oracle's are possible changes.

Not sure how accurate these changes might be, but I really hope they don't make them. Eleisa's Miracle will still be garbage.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Some updates to Eleisa's Miracle, buff to wards, and a hardcore nerf to Oracle's are possible changes.

Not sure how accurate these changes might be, but I really hope they don't make them. Eleisa's Miracle will still be garbage.
I really like these. Wards will become infinitely much more effetive as teams can have only one oracle per 7 minutes. This helps guys like Evelynn and Twitch a lot too, so if these changes happen, expect to see a spike in the amount of sewer rats. And Eleisa's Miracle actually seems like a really good item for supports once it can plant wards. I'm expecting to see supports get Philostone --> Eleisa and another Philostone --> Shurelya's and possibly another Philostone, for massive regens.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like these. Wards will become infinitely much more effetive as teams can have only one oracle per 7 minutes. This helps guys like Evelynn and Twitch a lot too, so if these changes happen, expect to see a spike in the amount of sewer rats. And Eleisa's Miracle actually seems like a really good item for supports once it can plant wards. I'm expecting to see supports get Philostone --> Eleisa and another Philostone --> Shurelya's and possibly another Philostone, for massive regens.
Not likely. You're building support items first before you build that Shurelya's anyway. So, you'll maybe get this item at about 20 minutes. That 1 ward every 3 minutes is not helping anyone, as you could just buy 5 wards for much cheaper. It's also easier and faster. The only reason you'd grab it is for tenacity, if you really needed it.

And nerfing Oracle's like that is horrendous. Oracle's is a late game item. Stealth champs are strong late game. This is meant to be a way to combat that strength. It also dies when you die. It is also a way to combat warding your jungle, so all it does is make the game incredibly boring. Junglers can't buy wards and clear them if a gank fails because of them. Wow. So much fun with no ganks. Almost as fun as sitting in your lane for 15 minutes. Sure, you can pink ward. But that's not as risky as going for an Oracle's.

It doesn't make sense. It seems like a change to make the game less fun. That's why it's bad.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I actually like those changes. For one thing, it'll allow supports to always keep a given place warded no matter what. I fail to see the issue with that. As for Oracles, it'll be a nice way to make stealth champs slightly more useful until stealth rework comes out, and Teemo will have an ult again.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Boy, it sure is fun when the enemy tank picks an early oracle, but because of naturall tankiness, items, runes and masteries, you can't do jackshit to them. If you wanna get rid of the oracle, that means you have to focus the tank. How ridiculous is that. Pay 400 gold early/mid game, destroy a dozen wards with no problem.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

IN OTHER NEWS:

NA Servers offline again. God fucking damnit Riot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boy, it sure is fun when the enemy tank picks an early oracle, but because of naturall tankiness, items, runes and masteries, you can't do jackshit to them. If you wanna get rid of the oracle, that means you have to focus the tank. How ridiculous is that. Pay 400 gold early/mid game, destroy a dozen wards with no problem.
Are you complaining about killing someone who devoted 400 gold to Oracle's?

Lol.

You're so right. I've never been able to kill a tank.  ::)

You're taking 400 gold of money that could be spent on tank items and making yourself a target. Kinda the point of a tank. Besides, they aren't unkillable. And you don't have to focus the tank. You can still leave the tank for last. That Oracle's isn't making them stronger...

lol. I swear, people complain about the dumbest garbage.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That Oracle change is horrendous. I cannot see that happening.

Wards don't need 5 health either.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1067