Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270541 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Uninstalled.  Again.  I've done this at least half a dozen times.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

What for?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Webadict, you're lucky. I've got 1 hour and 50 minutes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

What for?

Because games should be fun.  I invest my time in a game to raise my spirits, so that I have more positive emotional energy to burn when it's time to go back to being a responsible adult.  Half the time I play LoL, I end up finishing in a worse emotional state than when I began.  It's horrible.  I can't afford to do this.  I've known this for a long time, and it frustrates me that a combination of addiction and social circumstances keep pulling me back in. 

Lastnight, I played Drawception for 2 hours instead, and felt great afterwards.  I laughed frequently.  I basked in communal praise in the abstract form of +1s.  I know that every time I play Drawception, I will have fun. 

I also know that in a couple weeks I'll come home and see my wife still playing LoL with my friends.  I'll look at it and think "I wish I was there helping her win…" I'll hear my friend's voices and think "Haven't done anything with them in a while…"  I'll crave the adrenaline that only comes from competitive action games.  I'll re-install and waste my time being angry until I get fed up again.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:52:25 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

What for?

Because games should be fun.  I invest my time in a game to raise my spirits, so that I have more positive emotional energy to burn when it's time to go back to being a responsible adult.  Half the time I play LoL, I end up finishing in a worse emotional state than when I began.  It's horrible.  I can't afford to do this.  I've known this for a long time, and it frustrates me that a combination of addiction and social circumstances keep pulling me back in. 

Lastnight, I played Drawception for 2 hours instead, and felt great afterwards.  I laughed frequently.  I basked in communal praise in the abstract form of +1s.  I know that every time I play Drawception, I will have fun. 

I also know that in a couple weeks I'll come home and see my wife still playing LoL with my friends.  I'll look at it and think "I wish I was there helping her win…" I'll hear my friend's voices and think "Haven't done anything with them in a while…"  I'll crave the adrenaline that only comes from competitive action games.  I'll re-install and waste my time being angry until I get fed up again.
I find playing with friends alleviates some of the stress. As long as you play with at least one pubbie, it's fine. Because it's always his fault if you lose!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Actually, after getting the IP boost and since I have this weird tendency to minmax, therefore BOOST MUST BE APPLIED TO SR GAMES FOR MAXIMISATION OF IP, I fully commiserate with Salmon. As I've been playing Dominion ever since it came out (damn, that's a lot of time playing Dominion only, now that I think of it), my SR elo has dropped well into the negatives, and the people I queue with have the same elo only without the benefit of never actually playing.

So of course I'm trash, I have a high latency, my pc lags, since the map is a lot bigger and packed with stuff than Dominion, I can't lasthit very well, and although I can cope reasonably well in a full scale teamfight, teamfights in Dominion are a whole different matter...but god DAMN if the people I end up playing with aren't the greatest concentration of stupid per square centimeter on the planet.

People can't last hit far worse than me, they can't play their characters, we end up with 3 ap carries, teemo and me playing something with initiation, no teamwork, ARGUING... and it's like everyone is a 2k elo superstar who by mistake came to play with the peons. I don't mind people not playing well but there's so much rage it rubs off on me.

No, if I were forced to play like this every single game I'd go crazy and uninstall at least once every 3 or 4 days. At least now I can go back to my relatively high elo Dominion games and have actual fun.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I've managed to get up to a nice SR normal elo. Consistent junglers, consistent nice metagame teams.

And I've been learning to enjoy losses! It's a nice feeling, to sit back while you're losing and almost start raging, realize you've been playing your best, and then keep calmly trying. I believe I've reached League nirvana. I'll admit I can only do that for like two games a day, tops.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:47:03 pm by penguinofhonor »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I've managed to get up to a nice SR normal elo. Consistent junglers, consistent nice metagame teams.

And I've been learning to enjoy losses! It's a nice feeling, to sit back while you're losing and almost start raging, realize you've been playing your best, and then keep calmly trying. I believe I've reached League nirvana. I'll admit I can only do that for like two games a day, tops.

I don't mind losses in the right circumstances, such as when it's a close game or losses haven't been too frequent.  It's those games where you get crushed early on and cannot even see an enemy champion on the map without exploding instantly and can't do anything but feel absolutely powerless for 10+ minutes while the enemy team refuses to push because they're having fun toying with you until the game allows you to surrender that really make me rage... or those nights where you lose 6 games in a row (because you won 6 games in a row the previous night)... these kinds of things just happen too often...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just keep at it, and you'll get better :) Watch some streams, too, and if you haven't, Studio's Dailies are a great way to learn things : http://www.youtube.com/user/SovietWaffles/videos

A 2k+ elo player watches other people's replays and breaks them down, and he really knows what he's doing. Also check out SivHD's guides for some wacky things you could try to break up the monotony.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Reinstalling... because I'm wwweeeeaaaakkkkk!!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just keep at it, and you'll get better :) Watch some streams, too, and if you haven't, Studio's Dailies are a great way to learn things : http://www.youtube.com/user/SovietWaffles/videos

A 2k+ elo player watches other people's replays and breaks them down, and he really knows what he's doing. Also check out SivHD's guides for some wacky things you could try to break up the monotony.

Meh... I file this under "not fun".  Learning what builds to use and what to do in any given situation is less like play and more like following directions... and the process is too much like work.

I'm not bad at the game anyway.  I understand everything pretty well.  It's just that if you get in a good winning streak, you then start getting matched up against people who are fucking perfectionist tryhards.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not perfectionism I can't stand.

It's all the whining.

I would probably be a better player if not for all the whining...

Do less retarded shit, learn more, ect.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats what happens when you give players a plethora of things to blame that have nothing to do with their skill.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well to be honest, people will always find things to blame rather than admit they are not as good as they think they are. As a ton of people have said, the only constant thing in your games is you, so if you suck, guess what - a lot of your games will suck too. Think of it this way, there are 5 people on the enemy team which can possibly be outright bad, but assuming you're good - only 4 on your team, so in the long run, you're at an advantage.

If you keep having really bad games, you might want to think about what you yourself are doing and how you can be doing that better.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So, I'm at a crossroads again, have over 6k IP and I want a new champ, thing is, I can't decide between Xerath, Ezreal, Fizz or that new champ that sounds really interesting. And the longer I wait the more champs will start looking very appealing :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in the same spot, only I have about 10k, and my advice is - wait for the new guy to come out, Draven will also be free this week, but I'd suggest against Fizz. He takes great reflexes to play optimally, has the inherent problems of a melee AP caster and can be hardcountered.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1067