Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270550 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

If you keep having really bad games, you might want to think about what you yourself are doing and how you can be doing that better.

The matchmaking just rubber bands like crazy.

Played four games tonight so far and won each of them.  The first one started out fucking awful.  I was Veigar in mid, and both other lanes fed horribly.  We were 0-12, but I hadn't died once.  They brought down every lane and started pushing us to the second row.  I actually wanted to surrender, but two voted no.  As soon as we started having team fights, my score skyrocketed.  I was 10-1 in just a few minutes.  I ended the game at 22-5.  The very last team fight had the entire enemy team flash on top of me all at once.  I landed the perfect stun and took down three people before they killed me, and my teammates (who all had less than 5 kills) pushed the win after that.  My next game was 9-0 Veigar.  The next I was 12-4 Teemo.

Now tomorrow I'm going to be punished for this.  I'll lose horribly every game.  The matchmaking will go "hmmm... he needs more of a challenge" and put me up against people playing super-meta teams with super timing and everything.

It's not perfectionism I can't stand.

It's all the whining.

I would probably be a better player if not for all the whining...

Do less retarded shit, learn more, ect.

I don't like it, because I don't care about being super serious perfectionist.  I play with friends, regardless of how good they are.  Some are not that great.  We try to arrange a sensible team comp, but we don't stress out about it.  We don't play the perfect super-meta teams.  If what people want to play doesn't amount to a perfect team, we just won't be super strict about it.

And now that I've won all four of my games tonight, tomorrow night will be against nothing but tryhards who make the game a negative fun experience.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I'd disagree with that assessment of Fizz, Graven. You don't need great reflexes to play anybody, except maybe Sivir if you spam your ass off, but it certainly helps and makes using trollvault less instinct based.
As for "inherent problems in an AP caster", what are those? Easily getting zoned until you get your dash? Have you ever seen a good Kass? Fizz gets like that at level 3 instead of 6.
Everybody has counters, but I can't really think of any hard counters (IE, should ALWAYS win against Fizz). I guess maybe Ryze or Annie?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'd disagree with that assessment of Fizz, Graven. You don't need great reflexes to play anybody, except maybe Sivir if you spam your ass off, but it certainly helps and makes using trollvault less instinct based.
As for "inherent problems in an AP caster", what are those? Easily getting zoned until you get your dash? Have you ever seen a good Kass? Fizz gets like that at level 3 instead of 6.
Everybody has counters, but I can't really think of any hard counters (IE, should ALWAYS win against Fizz). I guess maybe Ryze or Annie?
That's not true at all! You need great reflexes to play everybody! Or at least play them well.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

You might disagree, but that don't make you right :D

Fizz's main advantage is being able to dodge skillshots. Now check out this video, see the things this guy does : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzidHTPVing&feature=plcp ,especially dodging the Ashe ult at 00:59. If you can't do these things there is 0 reason to play Fizz.

The inherent problems I'm talking about are melee lasthitting, no ranged harass, and to some extent susceptibility to ganks since you have to be all up in their face, though Fizz has great mobility in that respect.

Hard counters are people with instant CC - Ryze, Veigar, Malzahar; great pushers - Morgana, Ahri, Brand; I'd also say people with good harass - AP Ez, Vlad, Xerath, since you can't retaliate all that well - this is for AP mid, mind you. If you go with the Triforce Top build in the video it's a whole different mess.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Fizz's main advantage is being so goddamn slippery with ALL of his kit, not just trollvault. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just buttmad about popped skillshots and blames it all on trollvault. 3 of my 4 buttons stop you from towerdiving all while making myself godlike at them, and have fun trying to gank a good fizz.

Melee last hitting is alleviated by the fact you get mr and you get to hit like a ton of bricks, your harass has range (I think it's about Ryze W range, but I could be mistaken), and a good Fizz should almost never die to a gank. QE, maybe R, and you're half a mile away.

You seem to be confused about the difference between a hard counter and a regular counter. A *hard* counter has 0 counterplay, except for facing a bad player. You just listed off regular counters, of which Fizz has plenty of ability to play against. For example, pushers can be stopped by maxing E second instead of Q. Malz telegraphs his ult massively with the void pool, so just q him and walk the other direction. Chuck some fish bait at ryze and laugh as he blows up just like anybody else, but I guess that applies with anybody else, so Ryze is probably the best counter you're going to find.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, you're right, I went a bit overboard with the "hardcounters". Morgana and Ryze, however, are exactly hardcounters, thankyouverymuch :D

Fact remains, in the rare occassions where I play SR, and in Dominion bot I'd much rather see Fizz against me than any other AP. Also I don't ever need to towerdive a Fizz, I just need to push my lane and laugh as I go gank other lanes and fizz is stuck, since the only way to clear waves easily is to level the pole, and if you level it then your damage remains extremely low.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Morg is nowhere near a hard counter. He has two ways to avoid that snare, and he's one of the few champs that can actually stop her from afkspellvamp.

Dominion is vastly different from SR. Fizz is probably the assassin I fear most right now, other than a good Shaco early game. In Dominion, though, Fizz should probably be going top.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The main reason I am considering Fizz is that the few times that I've played him he's been an insane amount of balls-to-the-wall fun, plus besides Vlad and Ryze (which I never play) I don't really have a regular AP champ (heck even Vlad isn't regular the way I play him, full on hp tank monstrosity that has 5k hp and 500 AP)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

The main reason I am considering Fizz is that the few times that I've played him he's been an insane amount of balls-to-the-wall fun, plus besides Vlad and Ryze (which I never play) I don't really have a regular AP champ (heck even Vlad isn't regular the way I play him, full on hp tank monstrosity that has 5k hp and 500 AP)
Looking for balls-to-the-walls action? Mordekaiser is your man. He can basically 5 vs 1, as long as he manages to get a good ghost (AD Carry) then he can solo the entire enemy team. You don't play Mordekaisi as a behind-the-lines mage, you play him as the tank. But instead of doing tanking, you do goddamn enormous amounts of AoE damage. And because nobody ever focuses his ghost when they are in range to attack Morde, his pubstomping power is immensely high.

My build for him:

• Amplifying Tome + HP Pot
  • Amp Tome --> Hextech Revolver
  • Sorcerer's Boots
  • Haunting Guise
  • Negatron loak & Chain Armor
  • Abyssal Scepter
  • Deathfire Grasp
+ Once you have DFG, nuking enemies becomes super easy. DFG --> Ult --> Ignite. If you're in range with no minions around, pop a Q on the enemy to deal additional 500 damage to them. Instant ghost most of the time you manage to pull it off.
+ True damage to everyone who has less than 70 MR.
+ Immense heals due to high damage.
+ This build is also quite cheap.
- Can't think of anything. The cheapness means you get early advantage, which means you get to farm much better, which means better late game. You don't get as much straight durability, but since you get more damage, Hextech Revolver + Iron Man keep you alive better than when stacking tank items.

Once you have DFG, you can get either Rabadon, Lichbane and/or Zhonya's hourglass. Sell Haunting Guise when you're going to buy more AP items. Ignore Rylai's Scepter, it is useless. The slow isn't going to help you all that much because all of your damage besides ult is AoE, the slow % is low. Stacking flat health also is a bad idea: The healing from Hextech Revolver and your ult don't work well with flat health: Armor and Magic resist increase the effective healing a lot more. I'm not entirely sure, but if your passive shield gets reduced damage from resistances, then stacking those will also be much better than stacking health.

Ignite + Teleport naturally. if you don't want teleport, take Ghost, Heal, Exhaust, Cleanse or Flash. For runes, I generally use Health/level Seals, CDR blues and MPen reds and quints. You can get flat AP & MPen runes for better early game too. Masteries... Get durability and AP. Focus on whichever you want, but I'd suggest on 21/9/0.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:14:03 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Starting with Amp tome? Real?

All the pros start 13 pots. I've actually considered going 9/0/21 on him to get that extra pot, not to mention MOAR SPELLVAMP.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I used to main Morde, loved the bastard, then they kinda raped him with nerfs (he was buffed back some afterwards) but I could never look at him the same way again, it's sad really, a true love lost so easily :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just take Annie, she's 450 IP, free right now, and still relatively amasing for soloqueue, since a good Tibbers combo can stomp a team. From what I've heard other people say about the Kaiser, if you can position yourself so he has to choose between hitting you OR hitting the creep wave, you can relatively easily harass him early on, since if he hits you he doesnt get a lot of shield, and if he hits the creeps he isn't hitting you.

No personal opinion, since he kind of sucks in Dominion and I don't play high-elo SR. Guardsman Bob occasionally plays him (right now as a matter of fact), but he's 2k elo, so I can't offer decent commentary on his performance.

edit : God damn I'm tempted to blind buy Draven... I really don't like his Q mechanic, but his ult, his appearance, his ARROGANCE - if I could play him well it'd be the best possible combination for pubstomping! Sadly I most likely can't :( Oh well, he should be free soon - too bad I have state exams in uni in like 2 weeks and haven't even started studying :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:42:05 pm by Graven »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Mord got fixed back up after the nerfs. He's still a little below par, but one of the best APs for carrying a team to victory still.

Annie is in a terrible position right now. She holds absolutely no power without her stun up, but she can't farm for shit without using skills, so she basically has to stop herself from farming to have any sort of lane presence. It's sad, really.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

From what I've heard other people say about the Kaiser, if you can position yourself so he has to choose between hitting you OR hitting the creep wave, you can relatively easily harass him early on, since if he hits you he doesnt get a lot of shield, and if he hits the creeps he isn't hitting you.
I just level W (The cloud o' metal shards) first, and Q next. Ignore E (the cone attack) until level 13 where you get the first point to it. I can cast the cloud on an oncoming melee minion and let it farm some shield for me, if I'm being harassed. If not, I can cast the cloud on myself, go in between the melee and the ranged minions and bash the ranged ones with Q autoattack. Clears the wave super quick once you have a few levels, gets good shield, and if 1 vs 1 with no minions near, deals the best damage.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

O,o That sounds... unorthodox? But then again, I don't really know a lot about the Kaiser. I always thought you're supposed to level E first, since ... something? I guess I read it in guides, but doesn't it do the most AOE damage, making it easiest to push waves AND harass, since it has the longest range?
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1067