Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272933 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5325 on: November 06, 2011, 03:34:15 pm »

Jungle Shyvana can shut down enemy junglers so hard. She's just so fast! You run in and take camps and leave before anyone can mess with you. That more than makes up for her terrible ganking.

I played a game where I was just stealing everything the enemy fiddlesticks knew and loved - he ended up being 2 levels below everyone else in the game. Sure, I couldn't really 1v1 him that well, but he's really damn slow so Shyvana just walks all over his camps.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: November 06, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »

Why would you use AS blues over MR/level blues? It boggles my mind.
It's always good to be flexible. A lot of junglers use it too. Shyvana in particular comes to mind.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:17 pm »

I always grab MR/lvl blues (except on casters, love those AP/lvl thingies) since i tend to postpone defensive items and this along with Merc's (which are my usual pick) provides me with enough resilience to last me trough the early and midgame phases.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: November 06, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »

Man, someone teach me to Talon on SR - I just played a game, went mid cuz I heard it be good for Talonnin', went up against Graves... Let's just say the game ended 2/11/8. I had to play a Gangplank after that for a much more satisfying 19/7/15 because I kept running ahead of the group to one-shot a skinny TF.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: November 06, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »

I take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that Malz handily beats Cass in lane. Hopefully *SOMEONE* will slowly begin to realize Cass isn't the end-all-be-all of mid laners.  8)

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: November 06, 2011, 07:09:16 pm »

I wanted a challenge so I decided to use some of the IP I had lying around to buy Kayle. Anyone have any experience with her after the last nerf?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: November 06, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »

Here's a weird one:

Katarina is pretty good against Cass, if she's played very well.  Obviously if she can't play very well she'll be eaten alive, BUT.  Her lack of mana costs means she can out-sustain Cass mana-wise.  Her shunpo is good for both dodging poison and, when she inevitably gets hit, getting out of range before twin fang takes off a third of her health bar.  Her bouncing blades can last hit multiple creeps and harass at the same time, a well-played Katarina effectively has longer harass range than Cass.

Obviously there are better choices, but if you know what you're doing you can pull it off.   You won't beat her, but she won't walk all over you either. 

Also, you were right in the counters list.  Garen will fuck Cass up bad.  The passive means he'll sustain all her damage and past level 6 getting hit with his Q is game over.
Shoes...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: November 06, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »

Gotta keep up appearances : P

Anyway, yeah I stand corrected that Malz does win all the time. Any champion with a gap closer beats Cass aswell.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: November 06, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »

Here's a weird one:

Katarina is pretty good against Cass, if she's played very well.  Obviously if she can't play very well she'll be eaten alive, BUT.  Her lack of mana costs means she can out-sustain Cass mana-wise.  Her shunpo is good for both dodging poison and, when she inevitably gets hit, getting out of range before twin fang takes off a third of her health bar.  Her bouncing blades can last hit multiple creeps and harass at the same time, a well-played Katarina effectively has longer harass range than Cass.

Obviously there are better choices, but if you know what you're doing you can pull it off.   You won't beat her, but she won't walk all over you either. 

Also, you were right in the counters list.  Garen will fuck Cass up bad.  The passive means he'll sustain all her damage and past level 6 getting hit with his Q is game over.
Yup. Garen is basically AD Kassadin. With the flash nerf coming, it probably won't be the case any more but we'll see.

Katarina is actually a really strong laner. Past level 7 or so, I don't think anyone can outlane her provided equal farm. Her problem is that she's really shitty outside of the lane.

Edit: I also beat a Warwick in top lane with Vlad. Again, so proud (anyone who plays Vlad will understand my esctacy). Hell, I even started with boots and four pots and I didn't even use one.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: November 06, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »

So tried my first game of Shaco in PvP

5man tryhard team, got invaded at level 1. 

Remember, blind pick normals is serious fucking business, so you better pull out all the stops.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: November 06, 2011, 11:01:11 pm »

So tried my first game of Shaco in PvP

5man tryhard team, got invaded at level 1. 

Remember, blind pick normals is serious fucking business, so you better pull out all the stops.
They didn't score a pentakill?

They weren't try hard enough.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: November 06, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »

Eh sorry guys, that probably looked like a ragequit but it was just my internet dying. On my phone for now, but doesn't look like I'll be back. bleh
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: November 06, 2011, 11:22:23 pm »

Yeah, I didn't think you did.

Trynd madded and badded.  Doing something new guarantees your team will be fucking stupid.

How will I learn Shaco?  If I 4queue we'll have some dumb fucker badding it up, if we 5queue we'll go against other 5man teams and I'll get tryharded.  It's impossible.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: November 06, 2011, 11:27:01 pm »

"Doing something new guarantees your team will be fucking stupid. "

Wat?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:08 pm »

It's just a law for me.  Whenever I play a new champ, try an experimental build or playstyle, or anything, my team will be really bad and make it impossible to learn.

I'll play Shaco for the first time and our Tryndamere will try to 2v1 against Caitlyn and Annie and lose all three towers, so now everyone has lots of gold and it's harder to gank.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1067