Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 15\  (Read 15579 times)

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD.
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 05:41:50 pm »

Sorry I missed it, time zone differences and all. :(
Go to lower levels

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »

It's okay. I would run the turn now, but I'm going out in about 5 minutes. I just wanted to say sorry to you all. I'll run it when I get home... which might be a while.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »

Ehh, don't worry, we can wait.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »

Indeed. No worries, we can chill out for awhile. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2011, 09:26:14 am »

Turn 2

Quickly, you all scatter. Hanging around is the worst thing to do. Split up, they won't find you easily and you probably have better chances at stealth exits.

Taric sees opportunity down in the lower levels. Heading to one of the numerous doors heading down there Quickly descending the stairs, he dashes off one of the landings. The Lower Levels. With a shiver, he starts running along the corridor. Left. Right. Forward. Right again. And then, a room. [6] Empty, for the most part. A quick look is enough to tell that it's a filing room. he spots a number of files lying on a desk. A quick glance tells him the name of this wretched place. 'Metalab 24A-6'. A lab for the Genetic Modification program of Yr'Toth. Now, a choice: Stay and browse, or leave and continue looking.

Desmond knows about one side entrance that is broken or something that can be used to escape from. It will be lightly guarded, if at all. He takes a step, only to find a cute 8 year old attached to his leg. Shawn Ordo decided to tag along with him. [1] Desmond cannot resist the cute 8 year old look, and starts walking. After a few twists and turns, Desmond finds the stairs. Up two flights, then left. And then he's home free! Taking the steps one at a time, waiting for a few seconds so the 8 year old can catch up, he emerges from the top flight. Bursting through the door, elation fills him. He can see the door! But then he pauses... he can hear something, along with an odd ringing noise... 'Stupid Jaimes... making me patrol here. It's not like any of them know about this door! It's just retarded. There's no point.' he can also hear faintly footsteps, getting slowly louder. He blinks, just as the guard rounds the corner. The ringing noise resumes 'Oh... shit! How did they find this place!' He knows before the guard even moves that he's about to draw his sword. With a burst of speed, Desmond is off! [5x2 vs 4] Punch to the gut to wind him, knee to the face, slam him into a wall. [10 damage] The guard staggers back, and the words 'I didn't even see him run at me...!' seem to ring through the corridor, even though he couldn't possibly said anything. [4] The guard recovers and quickly draws his sword. Things are looking down for Desmond and Shawn.

Cal, while crazy, is prudent. Tear off the vent covering, crawl through and escape! Easy and simple. [3x2] After a bit of prying, the covering comes off. The vibrations must've shook the screws loose. He starts to crawl through the vents, going by luck to navigate. [5] Seeing some light, Cal begins crawling towards it, and quickly finds his way out. Unfortunately, The Guard are patrolling the perimeter, and notice him. Atleast two guards are incoming! The first one starts to charge earlier and faster, his sword drawn already. Cal knows it's going to be a feint, going from a side slash to an underhand up-swing. [6] Easily, despite his frail looking body, he slips between the feint and the strike, driving his fist straight into the guards chest. [9 damage] A crack resounds, and the guardsman is sent flying a few meters. This distracts the second guard enough for Cal to attack him aswell! [6] [10 damage] This one pretty much runs into Cal's fist. As it connects, blood sprays out of the guard's mouth, and an impression of Cal's fist is left in his chest. His eyes glaze over, and he dies. Cal can hear the other guards coming, but he manages to hide before they come.

Rebecca wandered down into the Lower Levels, hoping to find intructions of some sort. Managing to get down there unmolested, Rebecca looks in the first room she finds. It contains a few files, and a computer of some sort, on a desk with a chair. A workstation perhaps. Glancing at the files, she finds some information about 'Test Subject 84-D7, Desmond Black. Perfect.' and a map, with an exit marked 'Emergency Exit, in case of power loss.' Useful, huh?

Herbert also goes to the Lower Levels. After an uneventful climb, he finds himself in a large room. Many desks in rows are in this room. And there is only one other exit. As he moves through, he hears footsteps. And comes face to face with a scientist rummaging through some files in a cubicle. A glance at the file he was holding currently told him who Herbert was. His face went pale immediately, and he slowly started to press himself backwards, shivering. "Stay away, I'll do whatever you want, just don't touch me! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" Herbert manages to get a glance of the top of the file. 'Test Subject 102-F12, Herbert Bryce. Failed.'

Kin had been planning this for a long time! Now was the time to act. Quickly rushing to the vents, she finds one already open. Perfect! Climbing in, she crawls through the ventilation. Unfortunately, she finds herself in a dark part of the metal tunnels and can't see... she feels a slope, and slips, slamming into the opposite wall... then falling. With a scream, she falls into a corridor.. and thumps onto the floor. What the...? She seems to be in the lower levels now...

Jannele decides to head deeper into the heart of this lab, to ensure what has been done to her cannot be done again. She finds noone on her way, and ends up in the lower levels without hinderance. She continues looking. Minutes pass before she finds a hapless guard patrolling, probably the only one still down here. "Halt, Test Subject!" He draws his sword. Over the other side of the room, she sees two other 'Test Subjects' like herself, already stalking up on the guard. Tarran and James sneak up on the guard before he realises it. And now he is facing three potentially lethal people out for his blood. With a clatter, his sword drops. "I give up."

Spoiler: Codex Updates (click to show/hide)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2011, 09:27:27 am »

Sorry about how bad it was, it's midnight here and I couldn't think of anything. Tell me what you think of the writing style, if you don't like it I could use my usual of 1st person. (Referring as the player as 'You' in posts specific to them.)

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:44 am »

Regardless of what the other two do, janelle is out for blood, anyone that helped has commited an inexcusable crime for wich the only answer is death, Jannele leaps on the guard, and evicerates him, making sure he is still alive, yet dying afterwards you do not want to piss this girl off
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2011, 09:40:50 am »

Look at the guard in a sad eight year old fashion.

(Hopefully generating enough cognitive dissonance for big buddy to kill him easily)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2011, 09:52:04 am »

Rebecca folded up the note about Desmond and the map and put them in a pocket, then looked at the computer. These things... what are they? She stared at the monitor for a minute before it struck her. I've seen these before... you press this button here, then this one, and then you move this little oval thing and press buttons on this thing to get it to do things, and you have to put in a password. I've seen it... when did I...? She pressed her fingers to her forehead as the flashback struck her. She was standing behind someone using a - a computer, that's what it was called. What had they been typing? The flashback faded and she shook her head.

It's not important. I don't remember when I learned to read but I can still do that, she reasoned. There was no use sticking around; even if she used the computer she didn't know the password, and it probably needed one. There was a loud thump close by outside and she cautiously left the room to go investigate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:55 am »

Keep searching this lab.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2011, 10:25:12 am »

Listen with hyper-senses for guards coming; try to see if I can telepathically communicate with any of the other escapees.
Try to find a way out of here - and take the guards' weapons.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:43:50 pm by choobakka »

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:09 am »

"What's going on down here and what are you doing here ? Where's the nearest exit? And what the hell means Failed ? Answer or i stop being nice." Take the documents from him if doesn't cooperate.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46:55 am »

The slide down had not been in Kin's plan. And had she known about it she wouldn't have taken Plan A. Looking around the room and recognizing the it as one from the Lower Levels she had to reassess her plans. Seeing as Plan A had gone wrong and Plan B not possible at the time she had to choose between Plan C and D. Plan C was to search the documents of her being born from a test tube and then return to her Cell, while Plan D would act the same half way but instead of returning to the Cell she would escape by hiding in an outgoing vehicle. If there was one. Thinking hard she started walking in circles again.

"I'll take Plan D: find my documents and escape this place. I don't think I could go back to the Cell anyway."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:26 am »

Desmond smiled broadly "Hey buddy, you can just back away, you know? Let me walk right out, I'm a dead man anyway, we both know it, only a matter of time. So why risk your life for nothing? Just tell them I was too fast for you." In between the words "too" and "fast" he had already begun lunging at the guard.

Action:Psyche him out!
Whatever his response is to the above statement, I'll disarm and kill him anyway. Go for the throat!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:43:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

It would be nice if we had statuses, even simple ones. Not only is it easier for you to remember, but it helps us. Also, be sure to write the player's character name and player name so we don't have to go back to the first page all the time to find out people's names.

Ignoring the crazy woman on a killing spree, search the lab for anything that might prove... useful (mutagens, perhaps?).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30