Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567257 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3795 on: July 26, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »

Breakfast is serioulsy overpowered in E+. You genetic engineer cooking onto your slaves(I think you only need to do one cause the same one cooks) and if you go sleep and wake up between morning and noon (not 100%) the pet wth the highest cooking makes breakfast. Everyone in the party gets an increase to attribute potential. This is a large increase even at low levels and the cooking levels fast. It did not take me long to get a pet to 20 cooking and all my attributes are between good and superb and level 49.  They were all bad or worse before. It was a number of sleeps to get them up, but they stay up and my attributes go up faster. They supposedly go up for pets too, but doesn't look like as much.

in 1.38R, learning isn't so nerfed. you have a chance that when you sue a skill it will train between 2-5x. The formula is based on learning. We are not sure how often it happens or how the formula works. So learning isn't totally useless anymore (they had nerfed it).

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: July 26, 2014, 06:30:38 pm »

Thinking about playing Elona+ again but i haven't played since around version 1.20 or so. Any big changes?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:31 pm »

I'm away so I can't write a good post, but for now I'll do my best. Check the wikia's changelog (it is out of date though) and the Elona+ page there for some ideas.

Notably, magic was really buffed (I don't remember when sorry). Spellbooks are way more affordable, casting uses only a third the stock it used to, and spells gain 20% potential (which can now be viewed) every time you sleep rather than only when you gain stock in them. Sometime after (1.35??) it was slightly nerfed; spells do less damage the further away you are.

The third continent Lost Irva was added, and the main story was fleshed out more. You'll have to beat both North and South Tyris' stories to go there though. It's a long way off.

AP and related stuff was greatly changed; now it's based off an INI stat and some other stuff. See the page for more info.

Plenty of new artifacts, places, and NPCs, as well as a slightly smaller number of new spells.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: July 27, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

So are potions of descent (for decreasing level - cursed) worth it? Considering buying a farm and farming zombies for them (if they still drop them).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: July 27, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »

So are potions of descent (for decreasing level - cursed) worth it? Considering buying a farm and farming zombies for them (if they still drop them).
From what I recall from this discussion when I last played (which, granted, was an entire year ago, so it may have changed since then), the overall mood was no, unless you were playing Elona, rather than Elona+. Reason being, things generally get harder with fame, not with levels.

You can do a little bit of cheesing with them in E+ to get skill points easier (as you apparently keep getting them, even if you hit a level before, then got bumped down), but even that is negligible. And since levels help with certain things (hp, mp, and a few other things), decreasing levels in E+ wouldn't be that big a gain, if it were even a gain at all.

In just plain Elona, it may be useful, since it does actually have some benefits (like lower tax).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:09:11 pm by alway »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: July 27, 2014, 03:44:29 pm »

Breakfast is serioulsy overpowered in E+. You genetic engineer cooking onto your slaves(I think you only need to do one cause the same one cooks) and if you go sleep and wake up between morning and noon (not 100%) the pet wth the highest cooking makes breakfast. Everyone in the party gets an increase to attribute potential. This is a large increase even at low levels and the cooking levels fast. It did not take me long to get a pet to 20 cooking and all my attributes are between good and superb and level 49.  They were all bad or worse before. It was a number of sleeps to get them up, but they stay up and my attributes go up faster. They supposedly go up for pets too, but doesn't look like as much.

What creatures can add cooking to a pet? The elona wiki didn't list any.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »

zombie i think was mentioned

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: July 27, 2014, 05:31:47 pm »

Farmers do if you can catch them. I think the rogue warriors/archers/wizards might. Check the wiki, I'm 99% sure someone asked.

And potions of descent aren't zombie drops anymore. At least, they are much more uncommon. Not really worth it. Taxes are much weaker than they were in Elona as they don't scale on fame anymore, just amount of gold on you.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:49 pm »

And overall you seem to have a lot more money in E+. Way back when I tried E, I always seemed to be scrabbling in the muck for api nuts just so I wouldn't have to spend money on food and could sell any leftovers for a tiny pittance. Meanwhile in E+, I actually had enough money to not die of starvation.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:00:33 pm by alway »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: July 28, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »

Are there any gene machines available for free prior to completing the 'capture little girls' quest, or wishing?

The gene machine article on the wiki only mentioned the quest, but I thought I'd see one somewhere else... somewhere.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: July 28, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

Are there any gene machines available for free prior to completing the 'capture little girls' quest, or wishing?

The gene machine article on the wiki only mentioned the quest, but I thought I'd see one somewhere else... somewhere.
I think they sometimes pop up in dungeons, but very rarely.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

Something I really want is a way to identify cursed non-equipment items - especially food. I know you can just use the various methods of identify (chiefly the wizard NPC since the other methods aren't easily accessible or convenient), but this is prohibitive in terms of cost and convenience, I'd much rather a passive method of doing so.

Maybe high level cooking can clear curse status from food, or faith skill auto-detects curses on non-equipment, or a pot of fusion faith/cooking skill that turns cursed food into some all-stat-but-weaker-than-high-level-non-adjusted-cooked food, or just expand sense quality to identify status on non-equipment.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: July 28, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

There's definitely one in Melugas in South Tyris... which is super late, but you certainly CAN get there before doing the quest. Other than that, they do appear in dungeons sometimes.

And I totally agree on cursed food. I have only ever gotten anorexia from being a lazy bum and eating all my farm products without a care, leading to mass vomiting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:14 pm »

Uhhhh, I opened my elona folder after a long time and it seems broken. The selection bar's movement is accelerated, the screen just blinks when I press generate a new character, and loading up a new character has him with different body parts, makes him uncontrollable (moves semi-randomly and own his own), and exiting just freezes the screen.

Wtf?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: July 28, 2014, 11:41:26 pm »

...Redownload? All I got, sorry. Very weird.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 291