Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Paddlemet - Succession Fort  (Read 15320 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paddlemet - Succession Fort
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2011, 01:23:33 am »

Meh. Forgotten Beasts. Next thing you'll tell me there are fluffy wamblers down there.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

then wed have a problem, but no. :P
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:58 am »

It's working, I had to edit that stuff in reaction_other.txt.
My turn will be up by Tuesday.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »

Okay, does anyone mind if I customize each dwarf's profession name? 'Cause otherwise I've got miners not mining and carpenters not carpenting and it gets really confusing...

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2011, 09:57:23 pm »

As long as there not too obtuse for the next turn to get.

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:52 pm »

Or acute.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 03:40:43 pm »

Or acute.
Well duh. They have to be right.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 06:43:46 pm »

Or acute.
Well duh. They have to be right.
8) epic
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:47 pm »

So... how's it going? Vladimir still alive?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »

Everyone's still alive, sorry I haven't posted yet. I've been pretty busy, but I'll be done maybe today, probably tomorrow.
By the way, this is only my second succession game, and my last one I joined in like the second MONTH so I have to ask...is it always so damn confusing when you play someone else's fort?!!?

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 11:37:29 pm »

Everyone's still alive, sorry I haven't posted yet. I've been pretty busy, but I'll be done maybe today, probably tomorrow.
By the way, this is only my second succession game, and my last one I joined in like the second MONTH so I have to ask...is it always so damn confusing when you play someone else's fort?!!?
Not much more than playing my own fort.

Which... is actually pretty confusing...  :-\

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2011, 09:34:32 am »

Yeah probably, unless the person who played before you is extremely organized and not completely batshit crazy (But most people who play this game have gotta be atleast a little bat shit crazy ;D). I haven't played anyone fort besides my own, since this is my succession fort but i can imagine it being confusing since everyone has their own play style and means of organization. Taking that over can be confusing D;

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 09:55:09 am »

Playing succesion forts is addicting the insanity adds to the fun of it all and the drama that erupts because of everything is just awesome.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 03:55:59 pm »

Playing succesion forts is addicting the insanity adds to the fun of it all and the drama that erupts because of everything is just awesome.

Hm...maybe I made a mistake limiting the epic by breaking through the insanity...was that even a real sentence? Anyways, I guess it's just that I can't bear to not know what everyone's doing. I mean, I NEVER have idlers in my fortresses, and I started with 20 and no idea how to fix it. I'll be posting the save later today though (I hope) and probably my chapter tomorrow.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:35 pm »

Hm...maybe I made a mistake limiting the epic by breaking through the insanity...was that even a real sentence? Anyways, I guess it's just that I can't bear to not know what everyone's doing. I mean, I NEVER have idlers in my fortresses, and I started with 20 and no idea how to fix it. I'll be posting the save later today though (I hope) and probably my chapter tomorrow.
We need someone sane every now and then to keep the fort alive.

Too much fun just means a dead fort. A dying fort is fun, a dead one...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12