Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Paddlemet - Succession Fort  (Read 15292 times)

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
Re: Paddlemet - Succession Fort
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2011, 05:02:30 pm »

Yea "sane" Anywaaaaaay, how the fort going as of now?  Not rushing anything, just a question :P
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

So... I had a virus that was being a stupid-head, and so when I removed it, not a single exe file worked... including Microsoft Word but most importantly DF!!! So, until I can take it into the shop (thursday or friday) I won't be able to play. For now, assume I'm not on the list, but I'll come back when all the nuclear fallout troubles has been scrubbed removed from my computer.

Edosu"tu"rist, the EXE Challenged
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 10:07:57 pm »

Can I get a quick confirmation that the only trees in this map are in the caverns?

Yea "sane" Anywaaaaaay, how the fort going as of now?  Not rushing anything, just a question :P
It was going great until I needed wood. :(
Enjoy, next person! I'd check the name, but I'm busy constructing a final solution to end the madness...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:19:41 pm by Ganondwarf »

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:49 pm »

*sigh*

Sorry guys. You might have to start from the last save.
It was more than I was used to, and a lot of things like caverns, I had only briefly explored before.
Anyways, the long and the short of it is: I needed wood, and the only wood was in the caverns. It might have been easier if Oreme had just stalked out of there and killed me, but instead I've decided to end it on my own terms. At least I'm doing it with magma! :D

And I'm only at mid summer. :(

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2011, 08:33:05 am »

I'll Start my turn using the old save when i'm home for the day expect an update.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »

Oh, thought I might just add, I got another forgotten beast while I was playing, named Cirol I think. It seems to have left--it's not in Units anymore, but...yeah.
Also...there ARE still 30 dwarves alive, mostly in the caverns. The fortress is drowning in magma, and everyone's on or over the brink of tantruming, but if anyone wants...I could upload the save. :/

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2011, 10:02:53 pm »

Journal Of Ahrimahn Servant Of Tzeentch God Of Change

So i have been made overseer of this illustrious fort early apparently the overseersupposed to go before me cracked under pressure and I have to cover for him.

4th Granite

Began the building of a gate to stop invaders from walkung through the front door.
11th Granite
Began Project to disconnect the volcano from the mountain and instead use it as a forging area

2nd Slate
Migrants Arrived and they look to be useful sorting any with military experience into a squad of hammer men.

7th Slate
The animals have been fighting the dwarves in the meeting area so I ordered they be put in a pen

10th Slate
Jeweler Has been possessed! He immediately gathered stones and started building.

14th Slate

Fastest artifact building ever! Sealed off the fort from the outside world using bridge walls only allowing in migrants and caravans! Set up nest boxes for food production.

19th Felsite

Refuse pile full setting up another one.
22nd Hematite

Just checked on the forgotten beast he is fighting the same Antman he was fighting months ago and the Antman is winning!
7th Malachite

You may think that i have not been updating out of laziness no it really is this uneventful!

27th Malachite

Actually Useful Migrantstm arived today bringing the forts population up to 114
9th Galena

A baby has been born it may die of old age.
25th Galena

A Bowyer has gone started giving me the silent treatment then claimed a bowyers workshop and grabbed ONE LOG he better have plans for that log.\
30th Galena

Bowyer made an artifact crossbow with spikes of birch im going to start a crossbow squad to make this not totally useless
7th Limestone

Built some levers one links to the danger room the other links to the bridge.
21st Limestone

Just noticed this but that forgotten beast has been fighting a worker Antman for the past year and neither side has managed to tire out starve to death or sustain many injuries at all the ant one injured arm the forgotten beast looks like if you put it in a blender.
15th Sandstone

Migrants arived i threw a Sow into the cavern where it find and kill the quivering still living remains of the forgotten beast.

16th timber

Fuck opened up the volcano to the open while not really paying attention now the country side is being flooded with magma :-[ Oh and the caravan did not melt but the idiot miner did.

The garbagemen gave us enough food to last past eternity and enough wood and metal to work through any megaproject.
Recomended Vladimir as baron for his amazing running of this fortress.

30th Timber

Fixed the hole in the volcano by dropping a bucket of water on it YAY :D\
25th Moonstone

Build Baron Vladamir Harkonan a tomb and am improving his quarters and a fish cleaner had a fey mood and took over the gemcrafters workshop.

18th Obsidian

HOLY SHIT the Antwoman killed the forgotten beast how the fuck did that work out! Seriously how did after nearly a year of inconclusive fighting the ant killed the damn thing? She also seems to have decided that dwarfkind isn't that bad and has now become friendly.
1st Granite

Im stepping down its just kind of boring here and i have nothing to do for giggles ive heard some interesting things about Failcannon recently maybe they wan an overseer.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »

Also does this map have a second or third cavern layer beecause the first layer is really weird in its glitchy existince

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »

Also does this map have a second or third cavern layer beecause the first layer is really weird in its glitchy existince
The second cavern layer opens up at 6 below 0, and the third layer is at 12 below 0. But yeah... that first cavern is huge.

But yeah, those antmen are vicious. Did you see the lake of blood?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:44:15 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2011, 06:51:50 am »

Huzzah! All hail Baron Vladimir!
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2011, 09:05:49 am »

I changed his name to Vladimir Harkonen.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2011, 12:14:05 pm »

I changed his name to Vladimir Harkonen.

Harkonen? Is he Finnish or something? I was going more for "Vladimir, Son of Svyatoslav, slayer of the Bulgars" type thing.

edit: Oh shit, that guy from Dune.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:15:44 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2011, 02:43:52 pm »

oi! I was me who orderes all that wood! ad the food and drink and metal too!
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

I really wish there where goblins the fort is slowly becoming stable and successful nothing like a propper fort.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »

We just need to spend more time in the caverns, is all.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12