Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Paddlemet - Succession Fort  (Read 15284 times)

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paddlemet - Succession Fort
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:37:36 pm »

Does anyone feel like starting up a succession fort? Filled with fun, zombies, death and booze and with the intent to be greater then battlefailed? A world with custom parameters will be generated (Lots of forgotten beasts and titans, evil almost blanketing the land, average amounts of metal, extra embark points, no water, volcanos everywhere!, etc). As well, i think the starting party will look like this.

Leader - (Karakzon - Karakzon)
Woodcutter/Carpenter - (Ganondwarf - Ganon)
Miner/Mason - (ToaHero92 - Azoth Gor)
Doctor - (Dr. House - Gregory)
Farmer/Cook - (Slax - Slaxas)
Butcher/Brewmaster - (Myself - Choppy)
Axedwarf - (Svarte Troner - Svyatoslav)

Anyone in?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:58:59 pm by Mercenare »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succesion Fort
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:08:16 pm »

What the heck, sign me up. I'll take the Axedwarf, name it Olof Svyatoslav.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:30:55 pm »

I'll play. I'll take the miner, name him Azoth Gor (Immortality Pit)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:34:14 pm »

Sign me up. Ill take leader if you dont, and the brewer if you do.

Name: Karakzon.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:32 pm »

I wish I was a catfish. Or a cook/farmer.
Dwarf me!

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »

Yea, Ill join, As a Doctor, I'd fell it wrong not to go as a healthsmith for your crew, sing me up!
Name: Gregory.
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Fort
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:43 pm »

Alright updated, and carpenter/woodcutter is still free. Being my first succession fort as well, I'll try my best. The world will be gen'd tonight, but for now, a bit of prologue to get everyone in the mood....

Legends tell of a great fortress now long forgotten to the passages of time. A citadel forged from dwarf blood, alcohol and insanity; carved straight from the bosom of the world to be a testament of dwarfkinds vanity and for the glory of the mountainhome. From a mere party of seven stubborn and ambitious dwarfs, to ruins, it was a doomed endeavor from the start. However, beyond all odds it survived for some time, standing as a monument of sheer dwarfy resilience and utter madness. Just its existence laughed in the face of death and lady luck alike. Assaulted by fantastic titans, besieged by the ravenous goblin hordes and tormented by unspeakable horrors; Gentledwarves, i welcome you to the epic saga of Paddlemet.

Sound good? When i figure out the location, i will start the story as if someone is looking back in time and telling the tale(which we are of course writing), beginning with the butchers journal and so forth. As well, everyone gets one year to do what they want, the turn order depending on when you signed up (Svarte is next).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:53:16 pm by Mercenare »

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »

Alright updated, and carpenter/woodcutter is still free. Being my first succession fort as well, I'll try my best. The world will be gen'd tonight, but for now, a bit of prologue to get everyone in the mood....

Legends tell of a great fortress now long forgotten to the passages of time. A citadel forged from dwarf blood, alcohol and insanity; carved straight from the bosom of the world to be a testament of dwarfkinds vanity and for the glory of the mountainhome. From a mere party of seven stubborn and ambitious dwarfs to ruins, it was a doomed endeavor from the start. However, beyond all odds it survived for some time, standing as a monument of sheer dwarfy resilience and utter madness. Just its existence laughed in the face of death and lady luck alike. Assaulted by fantastic titans, besieged by the ravenous goblin hordes and tormented by unspeakable horrors; Gentledwarves, i welcome you to the epic saga of Spatterbones.

Sound good? When i figure out the location, i will start the story as if someone is looking back in time and telling the tale(which we are of course writing), beginning with the butchers journal and so forth. As well, everyone gets one year to do what they want, the turn order depending on when you signed up (Svarte is next).
Epic.....
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:42 pm »

Our perilous tale begins where the great endeavor was undertaken: The Dune Of Hunger. A desolate, scorching and barren place, haunted by vengeful apparitions and fallen beasts. With but only a few seasons supply, our courageous party of seven began their journey into oblivion....

The Journal of 'Choppy' Akirlogem, Butcher and Brewmaster of the Party

By Armok, i might as well be the luckiest damn dwarf this world has ever known - Or the unluckiest. Today i was assigned to a ragtag bunch of roughbeards; An expeditionary party. The description of our destination is terrifying, hell they might as well have just put me in my coffin right now. Oh well i suppose, might as well make the best of it - like that old saying goes, if there's no guts, no glory (Heh, i feel as if this could be interpreted literally). Time to make the best of it and make friends with these simpletons.

2nd Granite
Finally, we arrived. I don't think I've ever done so much walking in my life; I feel like my legs are going to turn into jelly (Or a thick honey). Aside from all the bitching, It doesn't seem to bad here. Sure I haven't seen a plant for several days, but its not so bad - at least there aren't any of those 'sk-elks' (as they are known) around. The miner, whats his name... Azo.. Azoth? I think thats it, but anyways he found a suitable location for the camp. The leader of the party, Karakzon i think (Strange name for a dwarf might i add) said he wanted a staging area infront of the camp, so hes got Azoth carving into the mountain. I think thats enough for day, nothing really worth mentioning happened.

I'll post more tomorrow, or something. I'm waaaaaay to tired right now. Also sorry that this entry was uneventful, I only played for a few minutes before realizing i should probably go to bed. Also, I forgot to name the fortress Spatterbones, so it looks like the fortress will now be called Paddlemet. Fuck  >:(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:54:12 pm by Mercenare »

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:58:29 pm »

Lol at the journal being written from the butcher's stand point.

So...much...death. So many kittens...by my own hands! OUT DAMNED SPOT! (MacBeth reference  :P

I would like to be the carpenter, if possible (name: Ganon). If you start taking names for successors, I would like to join...later (in real life time). I just joined another succession game (Crushedring) and my turn hasn't started yet, probably will start some time later this week...maybe.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 12:20:46 am »

I want a turn and ill take the carpenter half because hes the only one left and half for the i am the carpenter line.
EDIT: hes claimed i'll take the highest skilled migrant once they get there.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:24:16 am by Ahrimahn »

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:21 am »

SIGN ME UP! and do you mind making a list so that we know the order. I'll just be Edosurist, no prefered profession

ToaHero92, usually people dorfs use Dwarf Fortress File Save. It's free and easy, then anybody can download it. It's like mediafire, except DF based.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 12:32:17 am »

Actually once we are in the mountain that looks like a great place to start you always have a source of sharpenable stone so you can get sword dwarfs going quickly and that lava is going to have uses for a long time.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:37 am »

I'm in :D

I'm taking the woodcutter/carpenter. Nickname it as Brass if possible.
:3

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:18 am »

il take the woo.....
aaaah shit.

i would like to join. make me a soldier next wave
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12