Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153020 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn -1: Char sheetz time.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »

erm does polymorphing only include living things?
(gonna choose it either way)

well enchanted aluminum armor and shields... hm..
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 11:36:01 pm »

erm does polymorphing only include living things?
Transforming body parts of a being of flesh requires polymorphing.
Transforming polymorphing any being of any material into another being of any type (it's random) requires polymorphing.
Transforming body parts of a being of non-flesh requires elemental knowledge.

Also, I think I'm going to make enchanted item's spells weaker than casted spells because otherwise it would be plain overpowering.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:30 am »

Wow, Indestructible gives a nice damage boost.

I'm like a smelly booze filled tank without any armor... This going to be fun.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 12:31:01 am »

Not really. It's just that that bottle is special: It's wielded by a crazy ass drunk. That's why it gains the damage bonus.

I'll shatter the bottle if you ever die, since only you have the right to wield it.

It's your job to entertain me now. Don't fail it or you'll burn in hell. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 01:24:46 am »

Does magic allow its users to restructure chemical compounds? For example, can polymorph magic be used to turn a corpse into ethanol?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 01:29:02 am »

My god you guys, you just won't give me a break. You always think of ideas I've never even thought of myself.

No, it can't. Polymorphing only allows you to add or remove things from a body in a more broad way, it cannot directly affect chemicals.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:18 am »

Not really. It's just that that bottle is special: It's wielded by a crazy ass drunk. That's why it gains the damage bonus.

I'll shatter the bottle if you ever die, since only you have the right to wield it.

Figure I should probably show the Extended bio of Arzhog to you for approval, some of it involves what might be lore soo...

Spoiler: Arzhog The Mad (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 02:37:49 am »

DAMNIT I WAS AT WORK

Name: Ravenium
Bio: the Remnant of a Aggressive Ace Soldier, now wanders as a adventurer

Starting Items:
Sword of the Void(God-forsaken : User may not use any other weapon, in addition, Some asshole called Dark Void may cause Random Surges of Violence while weapon is wielded, Weightless, cuts through EVERYTHING(Or : More damage/Ignore armor), Long Sword)
Heavy Iron Shield
Steel Armor

Skills: (See "Skills and list of skills".)
15 Longsword
9 Energy magic

Attributes:
30 Strength:
15 Agility:
10 Toughness:
10 Intelligence:
0 Charisma: -2 to talking.

Hurr durr moar damage hurr durr

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 02:56:34 am »

Excellent. We have too many non-squishies as is. :P

My god you guys, you just won't give me a break. You always think of ideas I've never even thought of myself.
Hehe, yeah, that's pretty standard. Look on the bright side, it means we're interested enough in the game to try to do strange, strange things to it. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 02:57:35 am »

>.> I'm starting to wonder if I went too conservative on my stuff. Anyway, you said we don't start knowing spells. How do we learn them? ...and can I start with a book of healing spells to study? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 03:04:42 am »

At least your stuff is metal. I'm just wearing some guy's bones. :P

On the other hand, I did get some nifty, if completely useless, noncombat items. Well, mostly useless. You'll all be jealous when I'm scribbling down the schematics to some meat golem that went berserk ten seconds after I made it, or using my hourglass to... mock how slowly you're going, or something.

Anyway, the point is there'll be literature on my mangled carcass. Your bodies will be nothing but scenery and loot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 03:07:40 am »

Anyway, the point is there'll be literature on my mangled carcass. Your bodies will be nothing but scenery and loot.

That and a giant explosion of wine for my corpse.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 03:08:27 am »

Figure I should probably show the Extended bio of Arzhog to you for approval, some of it involves what might be lore soo...

Awesome. But where did he get the bottle from?

DAMNIT I WAS AT WORK

Name: Ravenium
Bio: the Remnant of a Aggressive Ace Soldier, now wanders as a adventurer

Starting Items:
Sword of the Void(God-forsaken : User may not use any other weapon, in addition, Some asshole called Dark Void may cause Random Surges of Violence while weapon is wielded, Weightless, cuts through EVERYTHING(Or : More damage/Ignore armor), Long Sword)
Heavy Iron Shield
Steel Armor

Skills: (See "Skills and list of skills".)
15 Longsword
9 Energy magic

Attributes:
30 Strength:
15 Agility:
10 Toughness:
10 Intelligence:
0 Charisma: -2 to talking.

Hurr durr moar damage hurr durr
I'm not entirely sure a weapon that ignores armor and is weightless would be balanced for the early game at all, because I won't just slap HP on enemies and leave them with some small amount of armor. I'll usually send many armored foes at you. I don't think I can go with something so powerful, even if you can't use anything else.

>.> I'm starting to wonder if I went too conservative on my stuff. Anyway, you said we don't start knowing spells. How do we learn them? ...and can I start with a book of healing spells to study? :3
You learn them by attempting to cast some sort of spell; use your imagination, try not to go overboard lest you try and cast a powerful spell. And also reading a book with a specific spell in mind. The reason I'm doing this is because creating spells for all the magic schools would've been boring beyond belief and would limit the players to a few spells.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 03:13:00 am »

Awesome. But where did he get the bottle from?

*Wiggly Eyebrows of Mystery*

That's another story, taking place a few years later. It involves a pair of donkeys, a witch, a hive of bees, and an adventuring party.
---

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 03:16:01 am »

Fine, More damage only, then, ignore the "Ignores armor"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139