Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152897 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn -1: Char sheetz time.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »

Quote from: Tarran
As long as you're at least novice in two magic schools, you can attempt to use them both at the same time at a -1 penalty.
Meaning combine them into one spell or cast two spells at once? Will there be any innate advantage to doing so, like earth-shield shields being stronger than either alone, or is it more for combining effects or doing things that don't fit cleanly into either category?

Can't wait, though. Can't wait... :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 07:34:09 pm »

Quote from: Tarran
As long as you're at least novice in two magic schools, you can attempt to use them both at the same time at a -1 penalty.
Meaning combine them into one spell or cast two spells at once? Will there be any innate advantage to doing so, like earth-shield shields being stronger than either alone, or is it more for combining effects or doing things that don't fit cleanly into either category?

Can't wait, though. Can't wait... :3
Combine. I guess I worded that badly. They get advantages if it'd make sense. Something like water+fire would obviously just produce steam, doing nothing. Chaos and air would allow you to blow chaos irradiated air. Fire and earth would allow you to make magma. Polymorph and water would allow you to polymorph into something like a water elemental. Etc.

As for not being able to wait, exact opposite for me. Oh god it's going to take a while to finish statuses. Oh well. I finished yours and TolyK's statuses already.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »

I realize you don't want to be messing with editing the OP every five minutes, but if they're done consider posting them. :<

Also, don't forget that players are often willing to do work for you, if need be. I'd even be willing to do formatting work, like turning "iron armor, 30 hp, absorbs half, 35 weight" into Iron Armor.

Though, on that note you might consider just putting stuff in parentheses beside the entry, since that makes it easier to see vital info, like how much damage your hammer gives.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 07:53:09 pm »

I realize you don't want to be messing with editing the OP every five minutes, but if they're done consider posting them. :<
I'm not going to put them on the first post. The first post is for what people signed up with. What I'm working on is the version for actual turns, which I will post on turn 0.

Also, don't forget that players are often willing to do work for you, if need be. I'd even be willing to do formatting work, like turning "iron armor, 30 hp, absorbs half, 35 weight" into Iron Armor
Problem is balancing stuff. It's easier for one person to balance stuff than 3 people.

Though, on that note you might consider just putting stuff in parentheses beside the entry, since that makes it easier to see vital info, like how much damage your hammer gives.
Acronyms also work since all you have to do is mouse over. It also looks much neater.

Anyway, I'm fine, just getting a little bored. And still waiting for Ze Spy.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 08:01:13 pm »

I'm not going to put them on the first post. The first post is for what people signed up with. What I'm working on is the version for actual turns, which I will post on turn 0.
Damn, that involves waiting.

Problem is balancing stuff. It's easier for one person to balance stuff than 3 people.
Oh, I know. It's just that a lot of making a proper stat block isn't coming up with the numbers, it's formatting it properly.

You could probably start Turn 0 without him, unless it reveals something that might affect his choice of character. It'd give people more time to get actions in, if nothing else.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 08:03:11 pm »

Hey, if ze spy doesn't post fast enough, I'm ready right now...mwahaha.

But, he logs on every day, so no problem there.

I'll be watching this thread with interest, eagerly awaiting someone getting eaten by a Chaos Dragon.
You really have to put those in the game Tarran.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »

Damn, that involves waiting.
Oh fine. Here's your status. Dang impatient children. Walking over my lawn *grumble grumble*.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

You could probably start Turn 0 without him, unless it reveals something that might affect his choice of character. It'd give people more time to get actions in, if nothing else.
Hm, maybe.

I'll be watching this thread with interest, eagerly awaiting someone getting eaten by a Chaos Dragon.
You really have to put those in the game Tarran.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to throw an Elder Chaos Dragon or two in the endgame. Heheheheh.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »

Finally. All but Ze Spy's status is done. God that took a while. At least I'll never have to do this again.

So, we start with 2 people almost collasping underneath the weight of their own equipment.

Oh, and Draignean is scary.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:35:27 pm by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »

wow ok, next step, level up and get some strength :s, in other news the other guy who can barely carry his gear has a ranged weapon with no ammo
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 09:33:44 pm »

wow ok, next step, level up and get some strength :s, in other news the other guy who can barely carry his gear has a ranged weapon with no ammo
Not like he could carry any. ;D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »

Excellent, but I'm only hardier than two people. Guess people just like living more than I thought.

Also, when you say binding spells to the weapon, how do you mean? Wreathing it in flame for my next attack, or somesuch?

EDIT: Right, also: Can crafting repair armor, or do we just have to make/buy/loot new stuff?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:41:49 pm by IronyOwl »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »

Excellent, but I'm only hardier than two people. Guess people just like living more than I thought.
Duh. One of our strongest drives as humans is to survive.

Also, when you say binding spells to the weapon, how do you mean? Wreathing it in flame for my next attack, or somesuch?
I mean binding certain spells to a weapon, making it use those spell attacks every time it hits.

But before you go crazy enchanting things, remember that rolling 1s is not good. It'll likely render the item hazardous to use.

EDIT: Right, also: Can crafting repair armor, or do we just have to make/buy/loot new stuff?
I'll admit, I haven't thought of that. But I'll go with yes, Crafting can repair.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:39 pm »

Awesome. Can you enchant armor and miscellaneous objects as well?

Man, between binding spells and crafting and then animating undead abominations, I'm not going to have much free time. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »

Awesome. Can you enchant armor and miscellaneous objects as well?
Armor if you've got defensive spells (flaming or freezing armor does more harm than good). Miscellaneous objects you can enchant with anything.

Man, between binding spells and crafting and then animating undead abominations, I'm not going to have much free time. :P
Just don't pull a Flagrarus. :P

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »

Hmm gave me an idea for an enchant, gotta get a 1-way shield spell 1st though
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 139