Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152968 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn -1: Char sheetz time.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 03:19:25 am »

*knocks self on side of head* Should've thought of that. Sorry, I've been thinking impaired for like the last few days. Thanks for clarifying. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 03:21:14 am »

Fine, More damage only, then, ignore the "Ignores armor"
Okay then. Adding you to the first post, then I'll create your in-game status and then START THE GAME! Ohhhh, aaaaahhh.

*knocks self on side of head* Should've thought of that. Sorry, I've been thinking impaired for like the last few days. Thanks for clarifying. :3
No problem.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:57 am »

Fine, More damage only, then, ignore the "Ignores armor"
Okay then. Adding you to the first post, then I'll create your in-game status and then START THE GAME! Ohhhh, aaaaahhh..

I wait with bated breath!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 0: So eight adventurers walk into a town...
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2011, 04:26:18 am »

Quote from: All
Arrive.
At last, after four hours of traveling on foot, you have arrived. The town of Toi is strangely pleasant despite the heat of the Westlands. The dirt road you walk on soon becomes a neatly layed out stone road. Nearby the road a babbling brook barely clings onto life, surrounding it strange trees, all distinctly different. They are like nothing you've seen before. Darin, curious, almost touches it when a passerby quickly grabs your hand: "Don't touch the Izzci, they are trees twisted by chaos, and the affects of touching them or eating their fruit could vary from being the best fruit in your entire life, to a quick and painful death." He continues down the road hurrying, obviously heading for one of the few houses you've passed a while ago.

Eventually, you reach the town walls. As you enter the town, the affects of chaos are obvious. Most people carry around small mutations here in there. Some carry many. The town is made out of some volcanic stone, the dark color easing the blistering sun. The buildings are tall; many 3 stories tall. There are many people in Toi, about 300. The town is a rich trading town, with it's main export being some of the strange things chaos produces. From non-hazardous Izzci to unnaturally multicolored rocks. The town has several merchants of many kinds. Eventually, you eight make it to the town center. A tall, 5 story building, made out of imported marble and colored glass, with a ballista on top. In front of it is a small park with harmless Izzci and possibly the only well in the entire town. It's a big one, though. Surrounding the building and park is a square box road, with many merchants in many of the bordering buildings.

Soon, a strong man with bat-like wings comes out and greets you. "Welcome to Toi! The best town in the Westlands! My name is xaraan, I can see you're some more adventurers. I wish you good luck in your journey. Before you go, though, look at some things our town has to offer: Jobs from my brother Dannic, in the Town Hall. A wide variety of shops for you to buy things from. And many, many things that I can't list out all at once. Just look and you'll find something. Just one rule though: Don't start any fights. We won't tolerate it. If you ever want to know more about the area surrounding Toi, just ask me. I'll be in the Town Hall. I'm sorry about not being able to talk to you out here, but I'm a little busy right now." After shaking all your hands, the man smiles and leaves, walking back into the Town Hall.

So, here you all are, with 7 other strangers. One Intelligent but dangerous necromancer with no empathy. One former Ace Soldier with a sword that just screams of trouble. One curious Polymorpher who is just bound to cause loads of fun for the group. One famous-less sea-village girl who wants to help. One smooth talking wannabe swordsman who just doesn't know when to stop asking. One extremely intelligent Necromancer-Polymorpher that is obviously going to create horrible undead abominations. One dangerous drunkard who clubs his opponents to death with the same bottle he drinks from. And finally one Bard who obviously doesn't know what he's getting himself into. Will this group of rag-tag adventurers survive? Probably not! But they're going to try to get the Sword of the Precursors anyway.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I JUST realized that I'd forgotten entirely about luck rolls. Luck rolls, and I quote: "Luck rolls occur often, excluding in non-magic combat and simple, non-luck based actions.". Meaning even if you're a master, you have a chance of failing. However, the difference between a master and a novice will be that your successes will be far better.

Anyway, I hope I didn't do too bad, it's late here and I really doubt my brain is functioning 100%.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:51:37 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2011, 04:33:16 am »

Anyways, I try to amuse the crowd with a song about some heroic tale.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:34:59 am by Darvi »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2011, 04:43:37 am »

He made expansive gestures at the group with his arms, slopping wine everywhere in the process. "Ahna fihn me ah wench, yahl donna leaf withow muh." Arzhog managed to slur through a combination of incredibly drunk and massively hungover, it made perfect sense to him. After a moment to make sure that he was in fact still standing he trundled off in a vague direction puffing out his chest and yelling, Har wenchy, I be commin fur yuh! and similar phrases at random intervals.

Go to town well, put 'the moves' on the winch. Drink from bottle until stupendously drunk.

Anyways, I try to amuse the crowd with a song about some heroic tale.

... I'm not sure at all how I feel about that. Mental image of Draignean or Mental image of Arzhog?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2011, 04:44:49 am »

Your character rather. Drunk who fights using a bottle of booze? Yeah.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2011, 04:47:28 am »

35+20 isn't 20

"Goddamnit, why couldn't i been in Vegas or atleast Not kicked out of the army when the sword of don't-know-what got stolen, instead, i am stuck in this Goddamn Hillbilly town that can't stand a goddamn fight"

Go into the townhall, and tell The Annoying ass bard to shut up "You have been playing goddamn songs since we set for this town, shut up already"

Also, forgot to add in the "One eyed" in the Bio, whoops

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2011, 04:50:26 am »

35+20 isn't 20
...Blarg.

Also, I can obviously tell why your character has 0 charisma. :P

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2011, 04:55:40 am »

Considering i have decided to use "HELLDAMNGODDAMNBULLSHITFOULASSASSHATBITCHSHITASSHOLE" as much as possible and Swear almost all the time, yeah, it's quite obvious

or : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFmCXHFvUw&feature=related

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:16 am »

"Gotta chill down man,
just doing what's the best I can,
and if you don't like it,
you can just walk away for a bit,
or just take it like a man"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:58 am »

I, too, can imitate low charisma.
"You, J-Joseph. People here already heard your st-stuff, what with all this sword b-b-b-business lately. Go ask that D-Dannic guy about a job.
Hurry up, or I'll gag you."

Use Water Magic to purify water from the well and pull it into my waterskin.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 05:41:34 am »

Oh, are you trying to purify water, perhaps i can help

Create a shield that lets anything but chaos energy through near teh end point of the water stream
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 05:51:11 am »

"Shut up, Joseph Alan Taylor, You already make me want to kill you

Oh, and what the hell are you doing? Nat-and-Nathan?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:46 am »

Kirion just observed the in-fighting already taking place in the group with a raised eyebrow. "Relax everyone, I'll go talk to Dannic." He shook his head and wandered off to go find said quest-giver.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 139