Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: New City planning, what are you excited for?  (Read 17772 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New City planning, what are you excited for?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 05:57:33 pm »

Hide in alley.

Wait for drunken gaurd.

Hand over mouth.

Slit throat.

Steal armor/gold.

Vanish into night.

And according to the devlog page:

Steal clothes.

Put them on.

Pretend to be murder victim.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »

As the great Toady said, cities are starting to be looked it. I don't see to much excitement going on, but the way he describes it seems amazing. What are you most excited for in the coming city-creation content?

Shrink, I want to kill.  I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill.  Kill.  I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth.  Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL.

Also: Proper. Signage.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:05 pm »

Being a psychopath, wandering the alleys and gutting any person i deem a fit victim. Or perhaps lingering the sewers...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »

Definately the  Interior city quests, though hopeful for civs reappearing (Dwarf/Elf/Gob respectively) And though I doubt it'll be in any release soon, the ability to embark on ruined settlements again,  (If the new cities also makes the game render the city ruins as well)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 02:40:16 am »

Hide in alley.

Wait for drunken gaurd.

Hand over mouth.

Slit throat.

Steal armor/gold.

Vanish into night.

And according to the devlog page:

Steal clothes.

Put them on.

Pretend to be murder victim.
EVENTUALLY WORKING YOUR WAY UP TO BECOME KING!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 03:26:54 am »

Guard: enters throne room Your majesty? sees king's corpse Oh no! The king has been murdered!

Adventurer: enters wearing king's clothes Don't worry, I got better.

Guard: That's good to hear, your majesty.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 07:24:39 am »

Guard: enters throne room Your majesty? sees king's corpse Oh no! The king has been murdered!

Adventurer: enters wearing king's clothes Don't worry, I got better.

Guard: That's good to hear, your majesty.

Sounds like somebody Critted on his Bluff check... :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 07:54:08 am »

I just want to see how all of the various world-gen stuff causes bugs in the system. Volcanoes in the middle of cities, goblin keeps rising like black tumors, cliffs and strange lakes bisecting cities in half with a single bridge.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

I just want to see how all of the various world-gen stuff causes bugs in the system. Volcanoes in the middle of cities, goblin keeps rising like black tumors, cliffs and strange lakes bisecting cities in half with a single bridge.

Don't forget the fail-bridges! I want to see how much more they'll be messed up by the upcoming changes. Or if we'll get fail-buildings, too.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 08:01:02 am »

Fail cities, there's no way in at all, a ring of houses blocks entry :P
*Hugs*

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 12:21:15 pm »

Im really hoping that the houses are more than rectangular boxes and that the Z level is used to the fullest. Sloped roofs(Flat roofs could be cool as a seperate style though..), windows, balconies, basements etc.

Oh, and dwarf cities.. Mines of Moria style.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 08:05:15 pm »

You can't just link to your hard drive like that.  You have to upload the image to a site like this one

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:45 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing palaces, monuments, an endless flow of creatures walking down broad avenues. I want to see cities reflect broader social patterns--greed, order, disorder, golden ages, slow crumbling descents, racism vs inclusiveness (Goblintown, the Elf Quarter, curfews on Dwarves). I want to see the city itself reflect its history, see where the Bronze Colossus Izeg Tundrasnarls the Vicious Calumny of Scholars smashed the walls and rampaged, or the special garden built by the Elves as a sign of friendship. I look forward to unique and surprising things--like a human city built around a Mountain Hall, the dwarves living below and humans above.

Most of all, I look forward to seeing what happens to a city after an army passes through. Seriously, I wanna see some giant city wiped away. Don't pretend you all don't want the exact same thing!
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing palaces, monuments, an endless flow of creatures walking down broad avenues. I want to see cities reflect broader social patterns--greed, order, disorder, golden ages, slow crumbling descents, racism vs inclusiveness (Goblintown, the Elf Quarter, curfews on Dwarves). I want to see the city itself reflect its history, see where the Bronze Colossus Izeg Tundrasnarls the Vicious Calumny of Scholars smashed the walls and rampaged, or the special garden built by the Elves as a sign of friendship. I look forward to unique and surprising things--like a human city built around a Mountain Hall, the dwarves living below and humans above.

Most of all, I look forward to seeing what happens to a city after an army passes through. Seriously, I wanna see some giant city wiped away. Don't pretend you all don't want the exact same thing!
Great post! Sums up a lot of my own thoughts... It would be great if there was a way to, sort of make world-gen continue once you've played in a world. I'm thinking either, at the end of a year in fortress mode it gens the happenings for the world, or perhaps in the main menu there's an option to continue world-gen. :D
It'd be great to adventure in some city, wipe out all the criminal gangs etc., then retire your adventurer in some little town, then spend a few years in fort mode/continue world gen, and activate that adventurer again and return to the city to find it's been razed by a dragon/sacked by goblins/taken over by some crazed demon-worshipping cult/once again turned into a den of crime.
All sorts of things like that!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10