Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: New City planning, what are you excited for?  (Read 17738 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: New City planning, what are you excited for?
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »

Go to the military screen (m), press a, then you can make a new alert and make it so that all dwarves are added to a burrow when you turn that alert on.
You can't assign individuals to "inactive"-type burrows using this method, but it does work when you want to get everyone to shelter immediately.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2011, 01:26:55 am »

Murdering people in the city streets at night and then dragging their bodies down to the catacombs to sacrafice to the underworld denizens has an incredible appeal to it.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »

I'm just hoping it gives the urban experience that Oblivion should've given, but didn't.  At any rate, Oblivion blew me away with catacombs under the city, and if it wasn't for certain engine-related aspects that made me loathe the game, it would've been terrific.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2011, 06:52:58 pm »

I'm just hoping it gives the urban experience that Oblivion should've given, but didn't.  At any rate, Oblivion blew me away with catacombs under the city, and if it wasn't for certain engine-related aspects that made me loathe the game, it would've been terrific.

Like the fact that unless you built a class to exploit how the engine worked, monsters scaled better than you did levelling up? Yes, yes that sucked a great deal.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2011, 03:27:47 pm »

How long will this take d'you think?
Everybody!

iEpinephrine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

How long will this take d'you think?

With the power of hindsight, probably about 7 or 8 months...
"This button makes your dwarves less retarded"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]