Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Koran Trial  (Read 10206 times)

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Koran Trial
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2011, 02:51:38 pm »

Im so glad Phmcw is here to show who the REAL bad people are for us to hate.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:54 pm »

I'd like to remind people that my OP was asking for footage of the trial. Supposedly it was streamed live. Anyone found some yet?

The book was found guilty, but I want to see how it happened. Clearly it was prejudiced, or the defense attorney was incompetent, since a book doesn't have the materials to rape people, but I want to see them making the case for it doing so.

Also something to note, Muslims see the Koran as sacred in a way Christians don't view the bible. Burning a church would probably be closer to the same level of sacrilege. No matter what though, Human life is sacred. It says so in both the Bible and Koran in several ways.

One glaring problem is the self-selecting nature of the "jury". To paraphrase Pastor Jones, "We didn't pick the jury members, we just got the wrod out there of what we were going to do, and allowed people who were interested to come to us. We were disappointed we didn't get any Muslim volunteers."

Can't imagine why. And yeah, I can't imagine that the sort of people in Crackerloosahoma, Florida who would jump at the chance to take part in this would be at all biased.   ::)
I would think trying to convict a non-person would be a larger legal barrier, unless a book is considered a legal personality under US law?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:28:27 pm by Virex »

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 03:55:57 pm »

Well, what are you waiting form the Afghans? Why the hell did you deploy troops on the ground, that whole region is ideologically booby trapped, designed to be a resistance field against USSR.
On the other hand  didn't expect anything else than koran burning from Americans fundamentalists, so I guess his whole deal is just  business as usual. Stupid people doing stupid things.

The fundamentalis, while idiots, were in their right, though, unlike the killers.

This is a not good statement.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:47 pm »

I'd like to remind people that my OP was asking for footage of the trial. Supposedly it was streamed live. Anyone found some yet?

The book was found guilty, but I want to see how it happened. Clearly it was prejudiced, or the defense attorney was incompetent, since a book doesn't have the materials to rape people, but I want to see them making the case for it doing so.

Also something to note, Muslims see the Koran as sacred in a way Christians don't view the bible. Burning a church would probably be closer to the same level of sacrilege. No matter what though, Human life is sacred. It says so in both the Bible and Koran in several ways.

One glaring problem is the self-selecting nature of the "jury". To paraphrase Pastor Jones, "We didn't pick the jury members, we just got the wrod out there of what we were going to do, and allowed people who were interested to come to us. We were disappointed we didn't get any Muslim volunteers."

Can't imagine why. And yeah, I can't imagine that the sort of people in Crackerloosahoma, Florida who would jump at the chance to take part in this would be at all biased.   ::)
I would think trying to convict a non-person would be a larger legal barrier, unless a book is considered a legal personality under US law?

Well since this was a show trial, not a legal trial, that didn't really matter. If anything, it bears more resemblance to the medieval trials of animals and corpses.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »

Easy, that : don't hate. I never said to hate anyone. Actually I'd say : hate no one.
Well, what are you waiting form the Afghans? Why the hell did you deploy troops on the ground, that whole region is ideologically booby trapped, designed to be a resistance field against USSR.
On the other hand  didn't expect anything else than koran burning from Americans fundamentalists, so I guess his whole deal is just  business as usual. Stupid people doing stupid things.

The fundamentalis, while idiots, were in their right, though, unlike the killers.

Then correct me, you know that I'm not a native speaker.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »

Human life is sacred.

Problem:  Define human.

The definition is neither static nor binary.  Outsiders are always less human than members of the tribe (i.e. whatever group(s) matters in a given context), even if they're recognized as human on some level.

Human: Belonging to the species Homo Sapiens. Do we need any other definition?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »

The UN extends human rights to "members of the human family", which I think is kindof cute.  Hey, maybe one day it'll be possible to synthesize Homo Neanderthalis...

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »

Easy, that : don't hate. I never said to hate anyone. Actually I'd say : hate no one.

Then correct me, you know that I'm not a native speaker.

No, your English is surprisingly good, I was lodging complaint with the way you said Islam was a religion designed as a booby trap against the Soviets.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »

No, your English is surprisingly good, I was lodging complaint with the way you said Islam was a religion designed as a booby trap against the Soviets.
Except ... I don't see where he said that. At all.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:22 pm »

You always manage to misunderstand me.
Afganistan has been a battleground for years, and the USSR suffered hugely of the effect of this war.
The detail are a bit shady, like those of everything that happened during the cold war, but the US spent about 3,3 billion dollar to arm the Taliban against the Communist regime, and Ben Laden was charged of the recruitment of foreign fighter, mostly Saudi.
He formed a fraternity, a strong community of Moudjahiddin dedicated to radical Islam and trained to guerrilla technique.
Sending ground troops in there is going in a trap that you set yourself. I really don't understand why they did it.

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

You always manage to misunderstand me.
Afganistan has been a battleground for years, and the USSR suffered hugely of the effect of this war.
The detail are a bit shady, like those of everything that happened during the cold war, but the US spent about 3,3 billion dollar to arm the Taliban against the Communist regime, and Ben Laden was charged of the recruitment of foreign fighter, mostly Saudi.
He formed a fraternity, a strong community of Moudjahiddin dedicated to radical Islam and trained to guerrilla technique.
Sending ground troops in there is going in a trap that you set yourself. I really don't understand why they did it.

It seems I do keep doing that. I am pretty good at it. Carry on, Gentlemen!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »

Spoiler: Disaproval (click to show/hide)

Ummm.... Why not? Is there some specific subset of humanity that you feel is less deserving of rights such as that?

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »

Spoiler: Disaproval (click to show/hide)

Ummm.... Why not? Is there some specific subset of humanity that you feel is less deserving of rights such as that?

Women...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »

I'm talking about actual human behavior and he comes along with "well, I think we should go with this definition", completely missing the point.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11