Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348818 times)

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1665 on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:42 am »

Well, I don't have rainbow ponies, diometes ponies, and cave ponies set up, so if you picked one of those civs that would happen.  If you pick the griffon Civ, there won't be any differentiation, same with zebra.  The only race with full sprites is just the standard pony civ so make sure you choose one on embark if you want sprites.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:06:38 am by Tecknojock »

rwen4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 25, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

Well, I don't have rainbow ponies, diometes ponies, and cave ponies set up, so if you picked one of those civs that would happen.  If you pick the griffon Civ, there won't be any differentiation, same with zebra.  The only race with full sprites is just the standard pony civ so make sure you choose one on embark if you want sprites.

That would be it, thanks! Right now it randomly chooses my race to seems, how would I specifically choose a race?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 25, 2012, 06:39:44 pm »

Someone was working on Fallout Equestria mod, I am not sure if they have released it or not... Search for it :).

My fallout mod is called "Wasteland" and it's for 40d, but you can find Putnam's patch to DF2010 (and I'm almost done with the new version which will be for the new DF version which is around the corner).

you seem to have forgotten that your wasteland mod is actually for DF2010, just a version before eggs/milk/beekeeping >_>

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »

That would be it, thanks! Right now it randomly chooses my race to seems, how would I specifically choose a race?
it's in the embark screen, if you tab though the various views, one of them is a list of civs to embark from. You'll either need to scout out the history ahead of time to get the name, or tab though to the Neighboring races screen, where your home civ is always listed first.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

rwen4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

it's in the embark screen, if you tab though the various views, one of them is a list of civs to embark from. You'll either need to scout out the history ahead of time to get the name, or tab though to the Neighboring races screen, where your home civ is always listed first.

thank you very much!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 26, 2012, 04:49:03 am »

Someone was working on Fallout Equestria mod, I am not sure if they have released it or not... Search for it :).

My fallout mod is called "Wasteland" and it's for 40d, but you can find Putnam's patch to DF2010 (and I'm almost done with the new version which will be for the new DF version which is around the corner).

you seem to have forgotten that your wasteland mod is actually for DF2010, just a version before eggs/milk/beekeeping >_>
You are right, it's been a while :P. I forgot that I've released an update for... 0.31.19?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 26, 2012, 10:02:23 am »

You are right, it's been a while :P. I forgot that I've released an update for... 0.31.19?

31.18 :P

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

On that note, Nido if you have anything that you need to be done and would like me to do, feel free to ask.  I will warn you though, while I am a quick learner, you have seen the extent of my DF modding experience. Before I came your mod last Monday and decided I couldn't play without sprites, I hadn't touched DF modding.

Most stuff I'm planning for the next version is somewhere between halfway done and ready for testing, so handing bits and bobs over for finishing would take longer to explain than to just finish. One thing I'm planning but haven't started is animal zebras, lions and buffalo. So if you like, you could convert some of the creatures from creature_pony_animal.txt and creature_zzz_pony_animal_vanilla.txt into zebra variants. Mostly it'll just be changing the creature ID, name, description. The hardest part is setting up converting the hair colour to a striped pattern for zebras, which can be a bit fiddly. Give it a go, if worst comes to worst it'll be quicker for me to fix what's probably a minor thing than to do it from scratch myself.

The other thing I'd really like to crowdsource is naming cocktails for when I expand boozemaking(a long-term plan, not for the next version), since ponies just drinking beers doesn't sit right, they need fancy drinks. I'll be adding things like brandy from wine, whiskey from beer, port, sherry, vermouth and liqueurs, plus tonic water from certain trees, so most ingredients will be covered. Basically I need pony-appropriate names for various drink mixtures, like moonshine+sunshine brandy=midnight sun sherry, rock nut liqueur+milk+vodka=White Dwarven(Actually, dwarf references are being scrubbed, but you get the idea). I'll post a bit more on the general plan later. I might limit brandies, ports and sherries to the Traditional version, since it's a little much for Simplified, and add the full selection of amber/rosé wines and cocktails in Ornate.

I just noticed a small bug. It's really no big deal, but I figured I'd point it out to you anyways. In entity_pony, all your nobles do not have their first letter of their title capitalized, which is in contrast to the rest of the professions. I didn't check the other entity files though, so I can't speak for them. I just noticed it a minute ago while playing.

They're consistent with vanilla DF raws. I've wondered about that before, too.

Here is my first review for the mod after my initial fort. Hope u all are happy with the results, they arent the best sorry Nido :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cool. Playability and the mod generally making sense are hopefully going to be addressed by the guides. By the way, your ponies dying of thirst without water was odd. Were they military ponies? My ponies booze up all the time, maybe you didn't set the military to drink booze? PONY_SPLIT_ROOT spam is related to carrots, celery and star stalks, they're split into roots and leaves/stalks automatically. So presumably your farmers are growing them, or you claimed some from those caravans you slaughtered and the job is getting cancelled once they run out of them.

Wow, loads of people fighting over getting to make a tileset. Makes me a little self-conscious, I'm one of those weirdos who can "see the Matrix" and has real trouble parsing tilesets. I mean, I can tell a d from b from a w easily, but I find I can't tell wee pictures of dogs, badgers and wolves apart too easily. Eh, I'm just weird.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »

I'll give it a try this weekend.

Just a quick note about those language files I posted, not all words are actually defined. I haven't noticed any ill effects yet, but let me know if any crop up.  Right now it looks like DF just ignores words with no translations.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1674 on: January 26, 2012, 03:12:03 pm »

Thank you nido ^_^ hopefully next time I LP this mod I wont have all my ponies die but am sure not ALL of them were in the military, yet they still died of thirst :S o well am sure it was just a weird thing that just fd up some how? Sometimes these things happen and there aint nothing ppl can do :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 26, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »

where is the latest version :o?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 26, 2012, 07:59:59 pm »

On the front page. 1.72 isn't out yet.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 26, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

where is the latest version :o?
first post of the thread has the latest offical release, but I think aobut half of us have our own little tweaks.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »

The download page on dffd will always have the latest version. I tend to make sure I don't go adding a new version too quickly after a release, outside of fixing immediate issues, and that means planning a fair few things to add, so I end up planning and half-starting far too much and then it's three months later and I'm making hog badgers lay truffles in nest boxes. I should be uploading the badger mod later this evening. It includes normal and giant variants of various new badgers and honey badgers, some real, some made up. It doesn't include badger men or ponies and it should work with or without MLF.

On the topic of badger ponies, I've just realised that the much-beloved honey badger ponies and the rest shouldn't be ponies at all, they're tropical creatures, so they should be zebras.

I mentioned a few pages ago that there was a problem with rainbow jays, with them not showing up as blue, green, etc jays because castes and thus caste colours/descriptions weren't being displayed. I tried them without the vermin tag and castes show up. I've also had an idea for how to solve the problem with rainbow jay pegasi. If I make the main tiles and description of rainbow jays match, say, the blue jay, but leave it with the usual castes, it'll still show up as a blue jay, but the rainbow jay pegs will take the data and use the caste settings properly. Then I can make new creatures for the other rainbow jay variants.

I'll give it a try this weekend.

Just a quick note about those language files I posted, not all words are actually defined. I haven't noticed any ill effects yet, but let me know if any crop up.  Right now it looks like DF just ignores words with no translations.

Thanks. I had noticed that some words, like the Russian word for ale, weren't translated. After the next version is out, I'll fill in the gaps manually and put them in for the version after next.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 27, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »

Most of the missing ones are not there all together because the way I wrote the script made it deleted the  untranslated words, so I'll have to play with the script if you want me to append the missing ones to the end. I don't know how ale slipped through.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 140