Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348796 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1680 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:11 am »

It seems to have quite a few little slips like that. Having it append unused ones at the bottom would be great. Perhaps set it to remove the square brackets on untranslated words so they're parsed as notes by DF?

By the way, Badger Mod is live. Currently only includes giant variations, I'll add pony/zebra/etc versions when I roll it into the next version of this mod.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 28, 2012, 05:56:31 pm »

allright, languages have been appended with the untranslated words. All of the language files will need to be redownloaded as I noticed equine was also missing some.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=862bf2423ae41ca6&id=862BF2423AE41CA6%21352

I'll be working further on what you asked me to do now. You can see my progress at:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=862bf2423ae41ca6&id=862BF2423AE41CA6%21352#cid=862BF2423AE41CA6&id=862BF2423AE41CA6%21357

Check tasklist.txt to see what I've completed/have yet to do.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 29, 2012, 10:58:35 am »

Excellent. One thing I'll mention, the files with your creature variations need to loaded after any files with the creatures they draw data from. This is because the files are loaded in alphabetical order, and the creatures loaded in order from top to bottom. That's why i put "zzz" in the second creature variation file, to kick it down to the bottom just to be sure. It creates a somewhat vague "order is important!" error in the errorlog if the game tries to load them out of order, so I just thought I'd mention it. I'll look over the rest later.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 03, 2012, 09:07:15 am »

Heyo everypony, long time no see!

I return after like half a year of absence to bring you a possible solution to an important thing that has eluded us up to this point.

Cutie marks!

This builds on the previously mentioned "hack" of using the color system, and i guess some ponies will inevitably love the color "two birds over a silver star" but that's something im willing to accept for something as VITAL as the cutie marks.

Thanks to the magic of python, i was able to jot down a quick random cutie mark generator and a caste cloner which will, in essence, remove all the problems with lots of ponies having more or less the same marks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/creature_pony.txt With cutie mark added
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/creature_ponycloned.txt With cutie mark added and all castes duplicated tenfold. (don't recommend this for adventure mode as it REALLY spams things up)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/descriptor_color_cutiemark.txt all the randomly generated cutiemarks! this file is required for the above files to work

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/PonyClony.py (requires python 2.7) without editing the python file this will take creature_pony.txt and output creature_ponycloned.txt
Remember to not put both in your raw directory!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/cmgen.py (requires python 2.7) messy as hell python program to randomly generate a bunch of cutie marks as "colors" (see descriptor_color_cutiemark.txt) and the list of colors for the appearance tab, doesn't output a file, you need to copy the text from your python window. Completely undocumented!

I recommend keeping your original creature_pony.txt and do any and all edits to that before using PonyClony.py to multiply the castes as otherwise you would have to do the edit ten times over.

This will also have the additional benefit of making coat and hair colors more diverse! Huzzah! The awesomeness has been DOUBLED!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:28 pm »

This will also have the additional benefit of making coat and hair colors more diverse! Huzzah! The awesomeness has been DOUBLED!

Awesome, it's worth it for this alone.  I really wish there was a better solution for this, but until then this is a nice hack to get around the issue.

Now if only there was a way to relate cutie marks to actual skills.  But then what happens if a pony learns a new skill?  Guess that's something even the cartoon hasn't adequately addressed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 03, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

Well, if you want to do that, you just separate the casts so that all related cutie marks are in one caste, and then set skill_learn_rate to a higher value.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:19 pm »

It's a prefstring from the file creature_zzz_pony_animal_vanilla.txt, for [CREATURE:ELEMENTPONY_MAGMA].   Line 467 on my version.

[PREFSTRING:flowing moveponiest]

I think it's supposed to say "flowing movement" or something similar.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:06:35 pm by Malt_Hitman »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 03, 2012, 09:09:36 pm »

I know that.  I just think it's hilarious, since moveponiest makes no sense whatsoever.  :P

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 03, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »

magma ponies have the poniest of moves!

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38:48 am »

Sounds like a case of indescriminant "[replace all] men -> ponies". Heh.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 04, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

Cloning multiple castes ten times over seems excessive. Why not generate thousands of patterns for cutie marks instead? Well, some cutie marks are going to be repeated anyway. For 200 ponies you'd need 200^2 = 40k or more cutie marks to make them unique with 0.5 probability. That said, congratulations on introducing them.

If BODY_SIZE 250000 is in kgs, then that is too much for a pony that has 1m head height. 100 kg is more like it, and probably still too much. 8 foot candy cane comparison

I was surprised by all these tentacled and spider ponies. I expected only the regular variants from the show, and maybe seaponies or flutterponies.

Is there going to be an updated version of this mod with languages, cutie marks, graphic packs, and all anytime soon? Or at least a general table of links with what to download and install?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 04, 2012, 02:10:28 pm »

Well, we now have a new monster to add. Freaky, too.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

The caste multiplication is to counter a bug with the caste system, with only four castes in two genders there will only ever be eight different cutie marks.
For example ALL earth pony males will have the same hair and coat color, and the same cutie mark.
Well, that's not completely true, as genetic drift is implemented, and will sometimes make offspring with a different set of haircolor.

Once the new version is out and all migrants will be historical figures instead generated on the spot, this problem may be averted, but as of now, caste multiplication seems to be the only way

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 04, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »

The new creature / monster / villian of the episode is a Ahuizotl apparently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wikipedia: Ahuizotl

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:16:52 pm by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140