Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454511 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13965 on: December 22, 2016, 04:48:03 am »

Anyone feel like comparing Vermintide to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? (Because I really enjoy ME3 MP, but y'all are making Vermintide sound quite un-fun)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: December 22, 2016, 05:16:30 am »

Anyone feel like comparing Vermintide to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? (Because I really enjoy ME3 MP, but y'all are making Vermintide sound quite un-fun)
Are they the same? Isn't ME's multiplayer just horde defense? There is a horde defense mode in Vermintide as well but it's kinda meh-ish.

The only thing I like about Vermintide is the combat. But I think the combat is incredible. I paid $5 for it and I think it was definitely worth it. Seriously, just cleaving those hordes of clanrats. I was in heaven. It felt so good. I actually have no clue why it's so good but it is. I wish every melee combat game had it.

That being said I think it's better than L4D and L4D2. It's only the loot system that's stupid. Also the playerbase is nonexistent.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: December 22, 2016, 08:56:10 am »

Are they the same? Isn't ME's multiplayer just horde defense? There is a horde defense mode in Vermintide as well but it's kinda meh-ish.
Yeah, they're not alike. Vermintide's survival mode comes close, but ME3 had a turn limit and some optional objectives along the way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: December 22, 2016, 11:07:41 am »

Any CIS folks interested in trading origin funds for steam bux? BF1 gift to be exact, which is at 50% right now and costs 999 rub. For anything similarly priced from steam (with a 10-15% markup for your trouble) or a direct transfer through the steam market (you put a worthless item on the market for 1.15k and I'll buy it).

Not exactly a proper thread for it, but I don't feel that my request warrants creating a new one. In any case, PM me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:12:01 am by woosholay »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: December 22, 2016, 01:02:08 pm »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: December 22, 2016, 01:07:52 pm »

Kerbal Space Program is the lowest it's been since initial release. ~$13 US.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: December 22, 2016, 01:29:42 pm »

And the store is already slammed. Guess I'll wait a bit before trying to get anything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13972 on: December 22, 2016, 02:41:48 pm »

Store already seems to be working fine for me. On the other hand, I'm underwhelmed by the sales this year. I've been spoiled, I guess, by huge discounts in the past, and they don't seem as big this year. Is that just me?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »

Yeah, not much on my list is really all that on sale. At least not today. We'll see how things go, I suppose.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: December 22, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »

Yeah, not much on my list is really all that on sale. At least not today. We'll see how things go, I suppose.
Not sure if you're aware, but Steam has changed how sales work. What you see today is what will be on sale throughout; no changes. The front page will highlight different deals, but none of the sale numbers will shift at all.

And yes... it is kind of underwhelming.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13975 on: December 22, 2016, 02:55:15 pm »

At the risk of a minor derail... I'm considering finally being brave and getting a Dark Souls game. Not sure which one to get though. I never play that type of game at all, and generally shy away from anything really difficult, or anything that punishes you for failure. I'm trying to get over my risk aversion, part of the reason I want to give this a try. Any suggestions as to which I should get? I'm not likely to ever play more than one (my backlog of games is fearsome to behold), so I'm hoping to get the "best" one for me, though I'm sure that's somewhat subjective... Any suggestions are welcome, while the sale is one and they're all discounted. All things being equal, I prefer something at least moderately easier rather than more difficult, especially given my lack of experience with action-type games and the limited amount of time I have to actually play.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13976 on: December 22, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »

Get Dark Souls 1.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: December 22, 2016, 03:10:47 pm »

Yeah, DS1 is probably your best bet. I'd guess it has the fewest players compared to 2 and 3, so you're less likely to get ganked while playing through.

However if you do get invaded....chances are they're going to be a professional asshole.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13978 on: December 22, 2016, 03:16:23 pm »

Yeah, DS1 is probably your best bet. I'd guess it has the fewest players compared to 2 and 3, so you're less likely to get ganked while playing through.

However if you do get invaded....chances are they're going to be a professional asshole.

I do not know what that means, but the first game seems the logical place to start anyway, and it's also the cheapest. Also, Google seems to agree with the recommendation (though I trust you guys here more than Uncle Google). I'll think it over a day or two then grab it - if anyone thinks I'm making a huge mistake, let me know. ;) Thanks!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: December 22, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »

However, and this is important for all 3 dark souls: you absolutely need a controller. It is possible to play with Keyboard and Mouse, but the experience will be horrible. Even after three games, From still can't do decent PC controls.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1134