Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454139 times)

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13500 on: September 02, 2016, 04:25:53 pm »

So steam is currently having a sale on... a lot of shoot 'em ups. Probably not getting anything, m'self, but there's a damn sight few decent things that've dropped to near or below 5 USD.
Please, please, please check out Retro/Grade. Best played (believe it or not) with the guitar from Guitar Hero. It is a hilarious take on the space side-scroller shoot-em-up, going backwards in time. If you don't go WTF after the first two minutes of gameplay, you're made of sterner stuff than me.
It apparently did not do well in sales, which caused the dev quite some problems, as he invested much of his own money into the project. All quite undeserved in my opinion, I had great fun with it. It is pretty much unlike any other game I know and keeps changing enough from level to level to keep things interesting.
He gives a great presentation about the problems his OCD (medically diagnosed, not "oh, I can't stand asymmetry") caused in the development (Link).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: September 02, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »

I am not good at bullet hell but Luftrausers is angry. I mean great. Angrily great.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13502 on: September 02, 2016, 08:03:51 pm »

I am not good at bullet hell but Luftrausers is angry. I mean great. Angrily great.
Its a game I can only play for 20 minutes at a time or else I'll break my controller

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: September 02, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

Its a game I can only play for 20 minutes at a time or else I'll break my controller

Job done. Rami hates it. It was an angry time in his life.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: September 03, 2016, 12:12:23 am »

Odd.  I love rage-inducing games like Super Meat Boy or N, but I've never gotten that angry at Luftrausers.  It's very tough to get far, but not especially frustrating to me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13505 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:55 pm »

You can get Gamemaker Pro from Humbe Bundle for a buck.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: September 07, 2016, 11:40:17 am »

Wasteland 2: Director's cut for $14 on chrono.gg . Deal ends in 23 hours from this post.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: September 07, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »

Thanks for the head's up! I have kinda wanted that for a while, so I took advantage of the $15 bundle to grab it and the modules for it.

Anyone know much about the rest of the games in that bundle? I'm not sure I really care about any of them, but I haven't looked at them too closely yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: September 07, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »

Cook Serve Delicious is a game I enjoy, and was being recommended by some people a few pages back.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: September 08, 2016, 07:15:37 am »

I bought this. For some reason I checked out with PayPal despite knowing the pain that would cause. It always takes at least a day for the payment to clear.

Don't be me, if at all possible. Use Amazon or any other available option.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13510 on: September 08, 2016, 10:33:58 am »

Aw, man... Last time they did this, I got it, including the Android license, which was at the highest pay tier. This time they've added the iOS license, which I really want... But I already have most of this stuff, and so far, I haven't made a single game. I have tons of ideas for little mobile games, and I always say "soon I'll find time to sit down and do that" but I never do.

So now, the question... Do I shell out another $15 (which I know is quite cheap for this, but still, I've already got most of it) and try to force myself to actually make a game for once, or do I just admit that I'm probably never going to find the time to do it and save my money?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13511 on: September 08, 2016, 10:44:19 am »

Aw, man... Last time they did this, I got it, including the Android license, which was at the highest pay tier. This time they've added the iOS license, which I really want... But I already have most of this stuff, and so far, I haven't made a single game. I have tons of ideas for little mobile games, and I always say "soon I'll find time to sit down and do that" but I never do.

So now, the question... Do I shell out another $15 (which I know is quite cheap for this, but still, I've already got most of it) and try to force myself to actually make a game for once, or do I just admit that I'm probably never going to find the time to do it and save my money?
I'd say never give up on your dream. Even if you haven't done it yet, when you do go to do it you'll be glad you have them

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: September 08, 2016, 10:52:51 am »

Just the module for iOS is about $300 in their site. (each other module on average is $200)

I would say go for it, if you can spare the $15.

Personally, I also bought the first bundle, but haven't got that much interest (for now) in making an iOS game, and am a bit short on cash. If I ever get around to make the game, I could just spend money from sales to buy the module I guess, or wait for another bundle :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: September 08, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

And hey, if you've already got the rest, you can always trade the keys you don't want to someone else.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: September 08, 2016, 12:09:09 pm »

Note the fine print for the iOS export module, if you want to be able to put it on the app store you need a Mac to sign the app package, and an Apple developer license is required as well, which is another $99/year.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1134