Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453967 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13515 on: September 08, 2016, 12:31:01 pm »

Tropico 4 is free over at Humble Bundle for the next two days.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tropico-4-free-game
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: September 08, 2016, 02:10:59 pm »

Tropico 4 is free over at Humble Bundle for the next two days.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tropico-4-free-game

You have to redeem within a week. You can't store it for later.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: September 08, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

I think Tropico 4 is my favorite of the series, but you'll need the DLC to get the full experience out of it.

Also, you might find it a little strange, but I also think the campaign for Tropico 4 is great.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: September 08, 2016, 04:48:08 pm »

Seems to be a fun game. It has an annoying registration thing when you launch it, but if you just block it via your firewall it lets you play without registering.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: September 08, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

You can get Gamemaker Pro from Humbe Bundle for a buck.

I bought this. For some reason I checked out with PayPal despite knowing the pain that would cause. It always takes at least a day for the payment to clear.

Don't be me, if at all possible. Use Amazon or any other available option.
I don't recall ever having that problem with PayPal. Are you in Europe or something? Because then I could see there being some sort of problem with bank transfers or whatever.

Note the fine print for the iOS export module, if you want to be able to put it on the app store you need a Mac to sign the app package, and an Apple developer license is required as well, which is another $99/year.
Is it possible to distribute without going through the app store, or is iOS such a walled garden that no other entrances exist?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:33:47 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13520 on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:23 pm »

Does anyone want a free key for "Cook, Serve, Delicious!"

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: September 08, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »

I'm interested.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13522 on: September 08, 2016, 05:32:54 pm »

I'm interested.
Sent you a PM

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: September 08, 2016, 05:45:25 pm »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: September 08, 2016, 07:36:46 pm »

And hey, if you've already got the rest, you can always trade the keys you don't want to someone else.

Or start a small business, with the second person coding and testing only on Android, then wrapping the final version using the more complete copy.

EDIT: Don't forget, even if you already have these games, you're getting the source code so you can check out how they made them (in GameMaker).
I'm looking at both bundles in my library and they are different games w/source in each one.

EDIT 2: Well shit, it seems I ended up talking myself into buying it. Damn you, me!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:51:20 pm by Sergius »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: September 08, 2016, 08:00:09 pm »

Note the fine print for the iOS export module, if you want to be able to put it on the app store you need a Mac to sign the app package, and an Apple developer license is required as well, which is another $99/year.
Is it possible to distribute without going through the app store, or is iOS such a walled garden that no other entrances exist?
You would need a jailbroken idevice to go elsewhere, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »

You would need a jailbroken idevice to go elsewhere, I think.

Yeah Apple has always been pretty anal about their precious garden. Good thing about these platform-independent developing tools: all that crap can wait until you actually have a working finished product. And you could always save money by hackintosh'ing it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: September 08, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »

You could also develop it, release a demo/video of the game, and then kickstart the $100 to get it up on the App store.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: September 09, 2016, 12:13:44 am »

Well hopefully if you make an app that doesn't suck you'll stand to make more than $100 on it and will pull a profit even with the $99 yearly fee from Apple.

I was getting into video game design, but decided to go into web design instead. Seems to be an easier market, lol. Just have to market yourself to local businesses and such. But if anyone has a great game and needs a web designer... ;)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13529 on: September 09, 2016, 02:17:36 am »

So you have to pay $99 per year to have your app in the apple store? And there's no other way for iOS users to (legally) get an app? Hmm. I wasn't planning on making anything I would sell, just have a bunch of ideas for little simple games and motivational tools and stuff that I'd like to use. But I know most of the people I know have iPhones (for some reason), so if I made something only for Android, a lot of people wouldn't be able to use it. Man, why do so many people have to use apple? I hate everything about them...

This will require some thought. However, I suppose if I don't get it now and then later decide I'm ready to make this stuff, and I haven't bought this bundle, I will regret it... So I might as well grab it. I'm not exactly rolling in cash, but I'm not so broke that I can't afford something which is hopefully an investment for the future.

EDIT: Question: is that $99 license per game, or is it enough to have one then you can upload as many apps as you want? (I do not know how licenses work, obviously.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:40:41 am by Sappho »
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1134