Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454141 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13485 on: September 01, 2016, 02:11:12 pm »

I miss Wizardry.  Or Eye of the Beholder.  Or Bard's Tale.  Are there any games similar to these?  Probably just nostalgia.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: September 01, 2016, 03:08:08 pm »

To be honest, for Bard's Tale there's only a couple things that makes it really stand out.

1. Setting.
2. Mass generated heroes.
3. The spell system.

The rest is pretty basic fair.

I really do miss the days of RPGs when we didn't have hard coded heroes though. Everyone wants a story and they want writing and so we end up with unchangable heroes....I still to this day prefer to define my own heroes and enjoy their adventures. Basically compare and contrast Bard's Tale and Dragon Age.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: September 01, 2016, 03:15:28 pm »

I miss Wizardry.  Or Eye of the Beholder.  Or Bard's Tale.  Are there any games similar to these?  Probably just nostalgia.

Legend of Grimrock is a throwback to these games.  I'm not sure there is much of a plot, so Dungeon Master might be a better comparison, but to be honest the plots on the others were fairly thin as well.

http://www.grimrock.net/

available on steam.  already has a sequel, probably a third in the works.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: September 01, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »

Two things to mention:
- Titan Quest just received a huge anniversary update fixing many bugs(including the ones in fanpatches) and multiplayer(it used gamespy). If you don't own it already hurry and grab a copy, because it's receiving major discounts on all distribution platforms to celebrate(and give a chance to people who only owned the retail version to get hold of the anniversary edition for a small price)
- Steam is holding a shoot'em up sale too. Shoot the core!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: September 01, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »

Steam is also holding a Paradox sale.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: September 01, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »

I really do miss the days of RPGs when we didn't have hard coded heroes though. Everyone wants a story and they want writing and so we end up with unchangable heroes....I still to this day prefer to define my own heroes and enjoy their adventures. Basically compare and contrast Bard's Tale and Dragon Age.
Of course, it does let you avoid running into ridiculous moments like these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: September 01, 2016, 10:02:46 pm »

Two things to mention:
- Titan Quest just received a huge anniversary update fixing many bugs(including the ones in fanpatches) and multiplayer(it used gamespy). If you don't own it already hurry and grab a copy, because it's receiving major discounts on all distribution platforms to celebrate(and give a chance to people who only owned the retail version to get hold of the anniversary edition for a small price)
Now I'm angry, because I'll swear up and down that I had Titan's Quest on one digital platform or another and now I can't find hide nor hair of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: September 01, 2016, 10:10:03 pm »

Two things to mention:
Now I'm angry, because I'll swear up and down that I had Titan's Quest on one digital platform or another and now I can't find hide nor hair of it.
NOW I'M ANGRY

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: September 02, 2016, 10:40:03 am »

Classic Shadow Warrior is being given away over at GOG!

https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_warrior_complete

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: September 02, 2016, 10:57:32 am »

Does the multiplayer work?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: September 02, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »

edit:  sorry, I replied to a post on the wrong page of this thread.  very out of date.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:22:00 pm by puke »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: September 02, 2016, 03:09:05 pm »

So steam is currently having a sale on... a lot of shoot 'em ups. Probably not getting anything, m'self, but there's a damn sight few decent things that've dropped to near or below 5 USD.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: September 02, 2016, 03:30:21 pm »

So steam is currently having a sale on... a lot of shoot 'em ups. Probably not getting anything, m'self, but there's a damn sight few decent things that've dropped to near or below 5 USD.

I'd totally be taking advantage of that sale if it wasn't one of my two worst genres.  Apparently my brain can't track more than 2 moving objects at at time.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: September 02, 2016, 03:42:16 pm »

... are those all bullet hell games? I must admit that this is not what I was expecting. (I was expecting first person shooters)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13499 on: September 02, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »

Some are bullet hells but others are just action shooters, like Enter the Gungeon.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1134