Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456701 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11310 on: June 04, 2015, 03:17:57 am »

But bacon really isn't that good. It has a specific niche and fills it okay. Garlic, though, can go with... just about anything savoury.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: June 04, 2015, 09:12:32 am »

But what if you don't like cheese at all?
You don't like garlic AND you don't like cheese. Maybe not every lactose-intolerant person is an alien, but you most certainly are.
He's not automatically an alien.  He might be a vampire.  A lactose-intolerant vampire.

((But actually, I can understand someone not liking garlic.  Like many common cheeses, it's just a strong flavor, and used poorly, can easily be overpowering.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:14:45 am by Culise »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:40 am »

I think KoDP is very pretty and despite multiple reinstalls and attempts I haven't managed to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing other than just place people doing chores at my village without any feedback, being 100% reactive to events and dying on HeroQuests.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11313 on: June 04, 2015, 12:18:51 pm »

Fallout 4 has gone on preorder on Steam and all the earlier Fallout games are on sale, generally at 50% off, for this weekend. It's possible that they will come up at a better deal in the expected summer sale though.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11314 on: June 04, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »

Semi-relevant: Valve's Steam Controller just went available for pre-order.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11315 on: June 04, 2015, 12:55:54 pm »

They're also touchpads I believe.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: June 04, 2015, 12:56:22 pm »

What d-pad?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: June 04, 2015, 02:09:20 pm »

Fallout 4 has gone on preorder on Steam and all the earlier Fallout games are on sale, generally at 50% off, for this weekend. It's possible that they will come up at a better deal in the expected summer sale though.

On preorder with no release date. Preorders are for suckers anyway. Why would you give a no interest loan to anyone?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: June 04, 2015, 02:19:49 pm »

The concept made a lot of sense for Brick and Mortar stores with popular games, where people who preorder would be assured a copy and people who don't would have to rush to get theirs.

With online stores where limited copies is no longer a concern... its become a bit divorced from its original purpose.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: June 04, 2015, 02:22:33 pm »

It's purpose is getting people to pay for a thing before you give it to them. Makes sense to me. Guaranteed high sales numbers on day 1 and also it means you can fob off your corporate overlords when they ask how sure you are about it selling well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: June 04, 2015, 02:37:08 pm »

Ooorrr/and your corporate overlords can see you got plenty of pre-orders and pretty much say fuck it and have you rush it out the door for more sales since you already have a lot guaranteed

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: June 04, 2015, 03:43:21 pm »

Yes, but the point I'm making is that it originally meant something to consumers.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: June 04, 2015, 03:45:56 pm »

Or since they already have preorder sales, they'll be less desperate to release early instead of finishing the game  ::)

Of course now it really is nothing more than a loan...  If you don't like the game, just play less than 2 hours and return it within 14 days of release.  No faith required, and the studio can't rely on the preorder money actually existing.  Which theoretically makes the system pointless.  Though in practice the money's probably still mostly reliable...  Guess we'll find out what people do.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: June 04, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »

Or since they already have preorder sales, they'll be less desperate to release early instead of finishing the game  ::)
Though once they take preorders there is significantly more pressure to not be late.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: June 04, 2015, 05:11:38 pm »

Tell that to the original Duke Nukem Forever team :P
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1134