Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456704 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11340 on: June 05, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »

The xbox controller is pretty bad. The Playstation controller fits the hands better than that fat thing Microsoft made. PS and PS2 controllers worked well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: June 05, 2015, 05:41:57 pm »

Semi-relevant: Valve's Steam Controller just went available for pre-order.
... that is quite possibly the least appealing controller I've ever seen.

Everything is in the wrong place, but ... it's no wiimote+nunchuk.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: June 05, 2015, 05:46:33 pm »

You ever tried playing an FPS with it? It's horrific.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: June 05, 2015, 06:01:53 pm »

Because I was given The Force Unleashed for it as a gift. It was really, really bad. :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: June 05, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »

It worked pretty well in Metroid Prime 3, but I'm pretty sure it was autoaiming quite a bit...
My favorite is by far the PS2 controller, but that's not surprising since I never owned an XBOX.  I did play a lot of XBOX games at friends' houses, but I did terribly, further reinforcing my personal distaste for the system.  I am completely incapable of judging it fairly :P

I do agree that even updated and 3rd party XBOX controllers felt much too large, though.  But again, I was spending my hours on the compact PS2 controller (or my PS2 mouse & keyboard... heheh, misleading acronyms).
The Gamecube controller felt fine though too, despite being a bit larger.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: June 05, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »

Yes, but a mouse trumps all controls for FPS. If it's not a mouse it requires auto-aim. It's a good thing the Wii didn't have much for FPS's.

New Humble Weekly:  https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Strategy bundle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: June 05, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »

Strategy bundle.
Do you know if any of those are any good? Which at least by my definition requires keeping micromanagement to a reasonably low level.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: June 05, 2015, 06:33:46 pm »

I have rather large hands, and I find the Xbox controller to be poorly proportioned, very heavy, disturbingly slippery (that stupid texturing makes it harder to grip, not easier) and poorly laid out.  I prefer the PS series of controllers due to their lighter weight, more comfortable button configuration (I will cede on the point of the triggers, the triggers on the Xbox controller are more usable than the secondary shoulder buttons of the dualshock), and ease of grip.

I honestly don't think Xbox controllers are designed for large hands per se, I suspect they're designed for obese hands with sausage fingers. I don't mean that as an insult either. There's a pretty sizable demographic of obese gamers who were left out by controllers designed for Japan.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: June 05, 2015, 07:54:07 pm »

Yes, but a mouse trumps all controls for FPS. If it's not a mouse it requires auto-aim. It's a good thing the Wii didn't have much for FPS's.

Strategy bundle.

In theory, you could point your wiimote and shoot. In practice, it didn't shoot where you were actually aiming, so it wasn't even as good as Duck Hunt.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: June 05, 2015, 08:27:13 pm »

I honestly don't think Xbox controllers are designed for large hands per se, I suspect they're designed for obese hands with sausage fingers. I don't mean that as an insult either. There's a pretty sizable demographic of obese gamers who were left out by controllers designed for Japan.

Being quite fat myself... i don't think fat really affects your hands and i can't believe someone fat enough for the lard to actually start layering on the fingers can be alive.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:43:25 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: June 05, 2015, 08:57:21 pm »

Planetary Annihilation is on sale at GMG for 80% off, bringing its price to $6. I think you can use the 23% off voucher on top of that price since that's how it always works with GMG.

23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/strategy/planetary-annihilation/#item-s6

I personally think the game isn't very good but for under $6, it's probably worth looking into for some of you. Just bear in mind some parts of it might seem unfinished. Like the ability to save for instance.

Also you get 8 other games for free with it, including the awesome Guns of Icarus.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:54 pm »

It's a good thing the Wii didn't have much for FPS's.
I don't know man, Splatoon looks great.  That and Bloodborne (its like Dark Souls but aggressive instead of defensive, why can't I have it) are making me very slightly regret turning away from consoles.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: June 05, 2015, 11:20:44 pm »

Being quite fat myself... i don't think fat really affects your hands and i can't believe someone fat enough for the lard to actually start layering on the fingers can be alive.

I'm sure it's different from person to person but for most of the friends and family I have that did gain considerable weight, their hands did become notably fatter (though diseases like Lupus or Diabetes may have been a contributing factor for some of them). I don't have a medical background so I can't tell you if this was fat or fluid retention or what, but having the Xbox controller as an option was a major morale booster after smaller controllers became uncomfortable to use.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »

Fallout games on sale at 50% on steam this weekend. FYI.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: June 05, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »

I was about to say that the Fallout 1/2 GoG versions are way better but I just remembered they were removed. Thanks for that Bethesda, you fucks.
Also they've been on sale for 75% in the past, I'd probably wait for the Steam Summer Sale.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1134