Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456634 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11325 on: June 04, 2015, 10:35:09 pm »

And I suspect BT may not have been playing on Normal because that shit will ruin you despite playing like an ace and managing your tribe/clan to perfection.

Put another way: he may loathe the randomness, but he still played it to a win. Games with no redeemable value don't get played to completion. KoDP is brilliant, even if at its core it's a little primitive. That is entirely due to the details and the love with which it was crafted, and IMO, goes a long way to smoothing over some of its more obvious failings.

I played on the middle difficulty, I don't remember what it was called (probably normal?). I got my poo pushed in at the beginning and had to restart a few (and by a few I mean 6 or 8 ) times, but once I got a good start it was basically just steamroll everything forever - sometimes I'd still get dicked over by RNG, for example losing a heroquest despite picking the "correct" answers but since I had so much of everything it never really mattered much.

And yeah, I didn't say it was irredeemable, I did get $1.50 or whatever worth of enjoyment out of it. I just don't think it's OMG AMAZING like most people seem to. The worldbuilding, dialog/quest texts, and even the artworks (despite being 640x480 or whatever) were great and I really wanted to like the game better than I did but the core gameplay was just so.... meh.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:40:06 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: June 05, 2015, 12:36:31 am »

Semi-relevant: Valve's Steam Controller just went available for pre-order.
... that is quite possibly the least appealing controller I've ever seen.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11327 on: June 05, 2015, 01:38:41 am »

Have you seen the Jaguar controller?
Have you used the original XBox controller?
Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are at least a dozen other poorly designed official controllers too. (3rd party almost always being worse.)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: June 05, 2015, 06:49:19 am »

That is a lie and I request that you retract it immediately.
Though i do think they shouldn't have caved and added the analogue stick. it's completely unnecessary and makes the whole thing kind of awkward.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: June 05, 2015, 06:53:36 am »

No, its pretty terrible. Perhaps not quite xbox-terrible, but close.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11330 on: June 05, 2015, 08:10:35 am »

Though i do think they shouldn't have caved and added the analogue stick. it's completely unnecessary and makes the whole thing kind of awkward.
If I end up with one (and I probably will after the official release, to give the early adopters time to find problems) I'm sure I'll (try) to turn the analog stick into a hat switch.

There's a hell of a lot of potential for this thing if Valve's made it easily programmed. Not dumbed-down Intellimouse easy though.
Among my most desired features would be an on-the-fly dpi/sensitivity adjustment for the pads.
We'll have to see what the hardware and software actually look like in the wild though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: June 05, 2015, 09:19:04 am »

Have you used the original XBox controller?
Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are at least a dozen other poorly designed official controllers too. (3rd party almost always being worse.)
I've seen both. I've used the xboxhueg controller, extensively. My statement stands.

Jaguar is a close second, though. Still second, but barely. Everything about that steam controller looks unpleasant to me. Shape looks less comfortable than the freaking xbox one, there's no proper d-pad, cardinal sin of not having a stick on the right side (for ease of use of d-pad and stick at same time. Also only one stick! Twinstick shooter says "M'rekt, boss! *dies dramatically*"), they put a freaking mouse in it (faintly understandable considering the intended console, but uuuuuggggghhh), they put the mouse where the buttons should be, only four main buttons (you need more buttons, damnit! Six buttons! Six! The six main button controller has been out longer than you've been in existence, steam! It's a good gorram idea!). It, just. Everything about it is basically anathema.

It tries to do too much, I think.
Ask not!
Ask!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: June 05, 2015, 10:57:03 am »

The "mice" are the d-pads/sticks/buttons though. Or at least, they were meant to be before Valve decided to sully their pure vision.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: June 05, 2015, 11:07:39 am »

None of the games in my wishlist is on sale in the summer sale so far. Well. Except betrayed Hope. Which I already got.
I want Nosferatu Wrath of Malachai and  Hand of Fate. But I don't want to pay full price.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:55 pm »

Not sure this is quite the right place for this (and I apologize if it isn't), but Bundle Stars has a 4-pack+DLC on Gauntlet right now. Assuming it's split 4-ways, it weighs in at 4.25, quite a bit lower than it's ever(?) come up according to the price trackers I looked at. Would anybody be interested in going splits?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: June 05, 2015, 04:00:30 pm »

Someone never played the Dreamcast. Also, I wonder if my store will get any of these? I won't be buying one, but hey, it'd be neat to sell a few.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: June 05, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »

More like pointedly and intentionally forgot. It would be tied.
Ask not!
Ask!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: June 05, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

Surprised to see distaste for the Xbox controller. I mean, I've used the PS1/2, SNES, N64, gamecube, and original Xbox controllers, and the Xbox controller feels like the only good one of those (though the d-pad sucks). What else is there? Maybe people with small hands prefer the PS controllers, but the classic console controllers were pretty terrible, and it'd be a joke to try using them for modern games... am I missing an option?

Aside from glorious M/KB, of course.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: June 05, 2015, 04:51:53 pm »

I have rather large hands, and I find the Xbox controller to be poorly proportioned, very heavy, disturbingly slippery (that stupid texturing makes it harder to grip, not easier) and poorly laid out.  I prefer the PS series of controllers due to their lighter weight, more comfortable button configuration (I will cede on the point of the triggers, the triggers on the Xbox controller are more usable than the secondary shoulder buttons of the dualshock), and ease of grip.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:20 pm »

I like the xbox controller.  I think I liked the PS2 controller more though.  The Xbox controller just works automatically with all my pc games without me needing to use my brain, so it tends to win for me.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1134