Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454865 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10005 on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:30 pm »

i would wait a few weeks to see if it gets a 75% discount in the christmas sale, as it usually does during real sales

chaos edition gives a little pointless fluff, 1 team made up by cyanide, and 2 more official teams which means that 2 official teams are still missing... they call it the chaos edition and chaos pact is nowhere to be found  ::)

decide for yourself whether or not those 2 extra teams are worth the extra couple bucks

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: November 27, 2014, 12:13:02 pm »

Don't see anything I'm interested in buying so far, most of it looks more expensive than it was last years winter so sale will probably wait for that. Ai war sticks out but already own it, price seems to be lower on gamersgate than on steam. Around $4 (if google's currency exchange doesn't lie to me) is pretty good for the whole shebang.

edit: Also they sent out coupon codes for an additional 20% off (code being "gamersgate-turkey").
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:03:37 pm by snelg »
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #10007 on: November 27, 2014, 12:20:15 pm »

i would wait a few weeks to see if it gets a 75% discount in the christmas sale, as it usually does during real sales

chaos edition gives a little pointless fluff, 1 team made up by cyanide, and 2 more official teams which means that 2 official teams are still missing... they call it the chaos edition and chaos pact is nowhere to be found  ::)

decide for yourself whether or not those 2 extra teams are worth the extra couple bucks

Ah, thought it had more stuff! Good to know. They are compatible though, right?

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: November 27, 2014, 12:45:04 pm »

yep

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: November 27, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

As someone who owns the Chaos version, I wouldn't mind downgrading. The three teams are fairly meh. I suppose Chaos Dwarves are neat but the game already has dwarves.
There's supposedly some SP stuff that may or may not be cool but I wouldn't know about that. The game is a lot like chess. Chess against AI is rather boring.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: November 27, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »

Anyone knows if Rome 2 Total War is good at it's current state? I remember the launch being problematic. What about the DLC?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: November 27, 2014, 11:34:34 pm »

I would consider it worth it...especially for the current price. The "emperor edition" was more like the "Out of beta" update. And yes I like having the DLC...though it wont kill you to not have them

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:47 am »

So, payday 2 sale. I've had the game for a while, but none of the DLC. Which are/is the best DLC pack(s)?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10013 on: November 28, 2014, 04:38:34 am »

FYI everyone, they have added some more games to the sale. Still not as good as the deals usually are at Christmas, though, so I'll probably wait.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: November 28, 2014, 05:00:02 am »

So, payday 2 sale. I've had the game for a while, but none of the DLC. Which are/is the best DLC pack(s)?

Armored Transport is amazing, lots of (kinda samey) heists that are really fun to play on. Though it has a bunch of other DLC that add little things that are great too. If you have the money, i'd suggest nabbing all but the Big Bank one which really just adds a heist you can get from online anyway.

The two weapon packs i'd buy.
Sniper pack adds, as in the name, sniper rifles.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: November 28, 2014, 05:19:09 am »

I can say that the grenades you get from one of the packs are quite good for loud missions. Don't actually have that pack myself, but they're so much fun when others let me buy them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10016 on: November 28, 2014, 06:29:13 am »

on the payday 2 dlc, get the courier mods. it's a little pay2winny, being they cost little to nothing in game once you unlock them, but the wepon mod options are worth the dollar i paid at one point

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: November 28, 2014, 12:01:45 pm »

skipped all the dlc myself, but out of the weapon fluff the sniper & shotgun packs look the most interesting

level dlcs are neat but thankfully only the game creator needs them

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: November 28, 2014, 12:20:02 pm »

For the weapon DLCs for payday 2 the one I recommend getting is the latest one (that is on promotion despite being new), the historical pack. The reason is that instead of sticking to a single category, it gives you quite a few options, including a LMG and a sniper rifle, which are in categories were limited to a single DLC each before.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: November 28, 2014, 01:27:21 pm »

Dungeon of the Endless is stealth -50% off for the next two days, because Endless Legend is featured on Steam's Turkey Day sale.

US$6.49 for the plain version, US$9.99 for the deluxe version.

EDIT: Also Endless Space @ -80%...  US$6.99 for the gold version.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:43:10 pm by aristabulus »
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1134