Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452216 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6285 on: September 25, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »

Well, current good sale is Darksouls 2 for 20 more hours. Deadspace 2 and Kings Bounty are other notable sales.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: September 25, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »

Well, current good sale is Darksouls 2 for 20 more hours.
No plz. It's just Dark Souls. Much longer until Dark Souls 2 goes on sale.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:35 pm »

I'd get Agarest: Generations of War if I had a computer that could play it. Just saying, I've been wanting to try out that franchise since they released Records of Agarest War for the XBOX 360 three years ago. It just looked fun to me.

As for sales, there's never anything that I want on sale. Well, Towns was on sale this past Saturday but I didn't have the money to get it. How often do they have really big sales on Steam?

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: September 25, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »

You'd be better off with Agarest Zero. I wish they ported that instead.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

Yeah, thanks to GFWL, my Dark Souls saves disappear whether I'm playing online or offline, it seems.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: September 26, 2013, 12:06:11 am »

You'd be better off with Agarest Zero. I wish they ported that instead.
Yeah the first one pretty bad I've played it on my ps3, I've not played any of the other ones but I've heard they get better.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: September 29, 2013, 12:03:33 pm »

Daily sale: The Binding of Isaac 80% off, for $.99 US. Is good game.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: September 29, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »

Rule of thumb for people new to JRPGS/SRPGS, stay the hell away from Idea Factory. They're games tend to have interesting concepts, and that's about it. Some of the worst games I have ever played were made by Idea Factory, and even die hard JRPG fans will tell you don't touch anything with their name on it. That should speak to how shit their games are.

So yeah, Agarest Wars is a don't buy unless you just want to support more JRPGS coming to steam.

I have to give them kudos on the trailer, I had a hearty chuckle.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:51:49 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: September 29, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »

Daily sale: The Binding of Isaac 80% off, for $.99 US. Is good game.

This is an understatement. For that price, anyone who hasn't somehow gotten Isaac from a humble bundle or some other sale should totally pick it up. I've gotten over 100 hours of play out of it, easily worth a buck.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: September 29, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »

Let me know when Bunny Must Die gets a 50% sale.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: September 29, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »

Rule of thumb for people new to JRPGS/SRPGS, stay the hell away from Idea Factory. They're games tend to have interesting concepts, and that's about it. Some of the worst games I have ever played were made by Idea Factory, and even die hard JRPG fans will tell you don't touch anything with their name on it. That should speak to how shit their games are.

Whoa, okay.  Thanks for the heads-up!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6296 on: September 29, 2013, 01:17:02 pm »

I didn't find Isaac that big of a deal. It's basically room after room of Gameboy Zelda rooms with randomized layouts and enemies. It has a bunch of items with neat randomization, neat bosses, advanced strategies, multiple playable characters and a consistent art style and setting. It's well worth 99 cents. I'd say it's probably worth $5 for pretty much anyone, but I was not one of the people that went "OAMGAFDHG ISAAACCCCC" over the game. For me it's a simple time-waster that I don't spend more than 15-20 minutes at a time on.

Just posting to say that it's a game where Your Mileage May Vary but it's still worth the sale price.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: September 29, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »

Idea Factory tends to be a miss and hit and miss again. They get the second game better than the third game worse. The first game is utter crap.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: September 29, 2013, 01:37:38 pm »

Just posting to say that it's a game where Your Mileage May Vary but it's still worth the sale price.
Yep. I have over 500 hours in it, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to get that much.
Most people will be able to find some entertainment in it. It has an engaging learning curve and interesting design, and the randomization helps.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: September 29, 2013, 01:40:12 pm »

I didn't find Isaac that big of a deal. It's basically room after room of Gameboy Zelda rooms with randomized layouts and enemies. It has a bunch of items with neat randomization, neat bosses, advanced strategies, multiple playable characters and a consistent art style and setting. It's well worth 99 cents. I'd say it's probably worth $5 for pretty much anyone, but I was not one of the people that went "OAMGAFDHG ISAAACCCCC" over the game. For me it's a simple time-waster that I don't spend more than 15-20 minutes at a time on.

Games like Isaac and Meatboy all cater to a specific kind of person.

They also like to imagine everyone is like them, but really you have to be a certain kind of mindset to enjoy it. It's like a mix between masochism and the ability to endlessly repeat tasks.

It's the same for Dark Souls players.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1134